It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

potential brain issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So I'm coming here to see if there are any other ATS members here who have experienced this. Before any one asks I've consulted a MD already and they could find no answers. Even went to a chiropractor thinking that I may have had a vertebrae out. He worked on me and still the issue continues. This is what happens. Ill be laying down to go to sleep at night and I can feel it building up in the base of my spine. Its not painful or anything like that just sort of a pressure. this is a few minutes before the actual issue happens. next its at the base of my skull and then I hear a noise thats like a very loud static and that builds up and then it pops and I can see a blinding white light in my minds eye. its all over within a few seconds. Its been happening for least the last ten years or so. It happens 3 to 4 times a month. any suggestions would be helpful.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Get a MRI ASAP. You need a second opinion and an MRI. Period.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Oh yeah I would go to a few different doctors and also request further tests. Nono dont request
DEMAND!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Could it be arthritis in your neck? I know the sound and the static crackling can be or seem very loud. And at some point it would just make a pop or final crack sound. The MRI would if nothing else help alleviate any unfounded fears and stress from the experience. ( I hope unfounded)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Look up Kundalini yoga...I think that will answer your questions.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
So I'm coming here to see if there are any other ATS members here who have experienced this. Before any one asks I've consulted a MD already and they could find no answers. Even went to a chiropractor thinking that I may have had a vertebrae out. He worked on me and still the issue continues. This is what happens. Ill be laying down to go to sleep at night and I can feel it building up in the base of my spine. Its not painful or anything like that just sort of a pressure. this is a few minutes before the actual issue happens. next its at the base of my skull and then I hear a noise thats like a very loud static and that builds up and then it pops and I can see a blinding white light in my minds eye. its all over within a few seconds. Its been happening for least the last ten years or so. It happens 3 to 4 times a month. any suggestions would be helpful.

It sounds very much like 'Exploding Head Syndrome' - that's not a joke,lol, it's a recognised condition. www.sleepeducation.com...

It's harmless. It is documented as a rare condition, but I suspect it is much more prevalent than is suggested by the official figures. I experience it too - albeit without the build up of the energy at the base of the spine. That's the only symptom which doesn't seem typical to me.

After the first few episodes I spoke to my mother about it, and she told me she experienced the same thing. Since then I've told a few friends about it and so far, everyone I've spoken to also has these experiences..hence my belief that it is much more prevalent than medical statistics show.

By all means speak to a medic about it, but do also read up on it, it may put your mind at rest.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ya I actually had this happen to me once. I was taking St. John's Wort (very high dose) It's an SRI antidepressant plant by the way. Like SSRI, but much more effective.

Anyway, it was the second day of taking the medication and as I was drifting off to sleep the same thing happened. It's weird isn't it? It's like there is no anxiety about it, you just let it happen sort of. I guess you are so sleepy your brain is just like wtf is going on, I actually saw what looked like a thick bolt of lightning shoot off in my head and may have heard it, I can't recall. My body also shook a little bit.

So after much research, I only have an idea of what is causing this. Apparently, SSRI's and SRI's lower the seizure threshold. I think what we are having is some type of seizure. You need to find a sharp doctor to diagnose you either way, but at least now you know in what direction to look.
edit on 1-1-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
when it happens its like a fuse has blown that's the closest thing I can relate it too. The MD did an MRI and blood work and could not find anything. I was worried about it being a tumor or something.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

when it happens its like a fuse has blown that's the closest thing I can relate it too. The MD did an MRI and blood work and could not find anything. I was worried about it being a tumor or something.

Yes, that's how it feels. I too was a bit concerned for a while, but I've had it for years and it does seem to be completely harmless.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

how often do you experience this?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'd get this during meditation it's your 3rd eye its like momentarily staring into the sun isn't it?

you've kept closed and until you are able to open it and keep it open you wont be able to See with it

if you've already been to more than one doctor and there's nothing wrong...

also I'd like to note here: that there is a recent increase in trolling and discouraging people who are experiencing stuff like this probably the dreaded Trolls of Cybercommand stroking their keyboards and playing with their joysticks if you ask me.

ditto on the Kundalini Yoga

i was using a black mirror in my case
edit on 1-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I did recently start going to an acupuncturist in order to start working on blocked channels. not sure if that helps or not. Since i started going ive only had one experience of it. whats a black mirror?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I feel for you. I used to have extreme bouts of "exploding head" syndrome as well as sleep paralysis. They can be very unnerving, especially when you don't know what's going on. The first sp episode I experienced made me think I was going insane, being possessed, or developing a tumor- very scary. I've managed to treat them on my own and now I rarely have them. The few that I do have occur during times when I'm over-tired or when I "want" to have them.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

its a tool for clairvoyance it can be a black glass painted or otherwise or a pool of ink
you peer into it in a darkened candlelit room and use it to look into the astral plane or any where else
within your "range"
seeing/scying stones
witches see distant events in there cauldrons
magic mirrors its all variations on theme

the Tantalus screen from star trek is a more technological version

any of the above can be used as tool to develop clairvoyance

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
These type of phantom illnesses are probably caused by chemicals in our food like aspertame and sucrolose. Things that never had proper testing and are in our food supply.

I really don't think these are normal occurances, and I'm suprised so many people have similar symptoms.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jawsismyfish

in my case i happened to be fortunate enough to have been warned by by my studies
i was actively seeking to astral project
SP
waking up from one dream to another over and over
there all sorts of fun in these things years after,
but when its actually happening even when you expect it it can be scary
and disorienting

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

how often do you experience this?

It varies - for weeks maybe not at all, then perhaps once or twice a week for a few weeks, other times only very occasionally - like once or twice a month.

Did you read the info on it?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I did read it and it sounds exactly like what I experience. Its comforting to know others deal with this and its thought to be harmless.

new topics

top topics

join