It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for a teacher of sorts.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by Elderlight

Keep your respect and prove your words! I advocate safety and caution. You do not know anything of me. I will continue to post. Your arrogance over nothing is not my problem.

I do not need followers hence I have made posts that are thought provoking and carefull. What have you done? I am against the new age mix and max. How about you?

ATTENTION TO CONTRIBUTERS IN THIS FORUM:

The following is the purpose this Forum as ordained by the SITE OWNER:

Paranormal Studies: This forum is for the general discussion of a wide range of paranormal phenomena that includes remote viewing, ESP, OBE, telepathy, ghosts, spirits, etc. Participants should be aware that this is a highly speculative forum where topics and responses will tend to lean in favor of the existence of these phenomena. Those who would wish to refute these subjects should be aware of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of supporting the free examination of "alternative topics" which includes the paranormal.

IF YOUR ONLY PURPOSE IS TO DEBUNK AND CREATE CONFUSION YOU WILL BE REPORTED

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Originally posted by w810i
If i could figure out a way to loose all the crap in my mind it would be great!

You don't need to lose all that stuff, or spend years learning how to quieten down the mind. You only need to Focus on what you Intend.

At first you will need to remind yourself to refocus every 10 seconds or so, but if you stick with the effort required to Focus you will instigate a new bahaviour within 30 to 60 days.

up:Every time your mind wanders, just direct it back to what you intend focusing on. Too easy!!

Sage words indeed. Isn't it amazing how simple it is once we have heard it. This type of wisdom does not source from egoic logic, it is the timeless knowledge of the Inner Source of All Wisdom. Spent many decades trying to "lose all that stuff" and berated myself for not being able to accomplish the "quiet" either. Fortunately this simple crucial wisdom you offer became known to me and change gently took hold within me . De-conditioning is done over a period of time, quietly and methodically, as you suggest. I know that this technique does work well from personal experience. The world needs to know that they can incorporate positive change within themselves without a guru, priest, rabbi, minister or other self-proclaimed religious God-mediators/leaders. We all can enjoy direct communication with our God within us any place, any time.

Lovely, thank you for the reminder,
E
:
edit on 12-1-2011 by Elderlight because: Addition

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Elderlight

That is laughable. I am not a skeptic I am an initiated and practicing occultist and have been for the last 35yrs. I am beginning to wonder about your reading skills. I am not therefore not debunking my own chosen field of interest and experience. I made my point which was on of interest. I then went on and broke it down for you and only you because you challenged me. The act of breaking it down was designed to avoid confusion on your part.

Fail

Before you get up go back and read the entire thread paying particular attention to my posts. You may careto notice that I have used the T &C of the forum last year against an evangelical skeptic so you ar not even original

Fail

As for the content of you post in responce to the OP

Well

Fail

3 strikes and you are out!

Please do not misunderstand me. I would not give a flying anything what you think of me.

Do have a nice day!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Unfortunately, you are so right. I was delighted to find this forum but now, after only a few days of being targeted by an darkness-run contributer, I must leave it. Would be great if one could discuss the paranormal, spirituality and metaphysics in safety but it seems this is not to be. This forum has been corrupted and is of no more use.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
To all new agers, don't run away! Just realise that we need to get our act together and examine all aspects of our spiritual work. An unclear mind does not help the individual. This is ATS and people like to play tough and call people on their posts. It doesn't mean there is any hatred or malice on my part.

I never pretended to have all of the answers. What works for the established people is fine but newbies need to get their heads together by self inquiry. Why have intense psychic activities and not examine them? It may be easier to rent a DVD.

All I suggested was (indirectly) examining motivations. I did not do so directly as I did not want to appear confrontational in any way.
I am not a bad person but just grumpy.

For all of this talk I get involved in healing occult pathologies most weeks I really just want people to be careful. I have an international practice and frankly cannot cope at times. Most of these people need to see a psychologist first but also need some occult help.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sorry I had to temp drop out of this thread due to a surprise illness, however I am back now. Please guys keep civil. I really enjoy ATS as you can see by my registration date but at the same time it is hard to deal with so many posters who come in to threads just to stir the pot. I could have picked any number of paranormal forums scattered across the internet universe but I choose this one because I do believe there to be a wealth of knowledge here to be had. So all I'm asking is that if you have something genuine to contribute please do.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I don't think I can be of much help in your original request, but I understand your desire for a teacher. I have something similar from time to time. Everything I have read and experienced, however, has pointed to the idea that teachers don't really truly teach you anything (as in make you truly understand something). True understanding only comes from experiences and then reflection on those experiences. That being said, I do think "teachers" can be useful guides. They can give you interesting starting points to go off of. Here are my suggestions from my very limited perspective:

1. Go into silence regularly. For some people this means mediation. For others, its means prayer. But really this can be as simple as going outside for a walk and silently experiencing the walk. These are only a few examples. The key is to enter into silence. Please don't be discouraged if this is hard at first. While in the silence, try to carry no expectations. Just experience the silence.

2. Try to view others as a part of yourself. Try to recognize that when someone else is frustrating you, you are becoming frustrated because of an unaccepted piece of yourself. Find that piece and accept it (perhaps in the silence)

I personally think these are two useful exercises. But remember, I said I didn't think I could be of much use to you as a teacher for a reason. I often times think I don't know what I am talking about, but I suppose that is kind of the point
. If any of those two things interests you, then explore them. If not, just leave them be and do something that resonates with you.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

How are things going for you, friend?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Hi...Im doing good. Slowly recouping. Dealing with being tired all the time. But one step at a time I suppose right?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Good to hear things are "looking up"

Hope you get well quickly, so you can come back onto ATS more!

And it is indeed, one step at a time. If we arent focused on our step, we are susceptible to stepping into... a variety of things one probably doesnt want to step in! Everything from bear traps, to dog s..tuff, to the dreaded rancor pit!

Gotta watch out for those rancor pits...

Get well soon, friend. Ill keep you in my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughhouse
I don't think I can be of much help in your original request, but I understand your desire for a teacher. I have something similar from time to time. Everything I have read and experienced, however, has pointed to the idea that teachers don't really truly teach you anything (as in make you truly understand something). True understanding only comes from experiences and then reflection on those experiences. That being said, I do think "teachers" can be useful guides. They can give you interesting starting points to go off of. Here are my suggestions from my very limited perspective:

Well I disagree with you in a way. As I was told by my teacher by the analogy of being taught how to make a dinner and how to use cutlery but I would always have to eat my meal myself. No one else could eat my meal for me. This is the reason why I dislike armchair occultists as they never get out and do.

I think a true teacher will teach the "how to" and then the "why does it". At some stage the pupil must take up the baton and teach themselves and deal with all those pesky little questions.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

Originally posted by roughhouse

Well I disagree with you in a way. As I was told by my teacher by the analogy of being taught how to make a dinner and how to use cutlery but I would always have to eat my meal myself. No one else could eat my meal for me. This is the reason why I dislike armchair occultists as they never get out and do.

I think a true teacher will teach the "how to" and then the "why does it". At some stage the pupil must take up the baton and teach themselves and deal with all those pesky little questions.

Peace

Yeah, I agree. That is more or less what I meant.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join