It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for a teacher of sorts.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
reply to post by w810i

This is something that will likely take weeks, if not months or years friend.

Think of it like working out and exercising. You wouldnt expect to see any muscle growth until you have been doing it for a while

very true. If i could figure out a way to loose all the crap in my mind it would be great!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

All that sure can get annoying right?

Think of all that just as you feel about your breathing, or your blood running through your veins. You are constantly breathing (or lets hope so!), but that doesnt bother you. Your blood is constantly pumping through your veins, you can feel it coursing through your limbs at all times (once again, lets hope so!
). But, these things do not bother you. Its easy to get caught up in thoughts specifically, since its "right up front," so to speak, but they are as natural as other bodily functions. The tricky part is, the more you think about them, the more you try to stop them, etc. the worse they will get (im sure you have noticed this). Instead, you can try to notice the silence behind all of those thoughts. Dont necessarily focus on it any more than the thoughts themselves, but realize it is there. It is actually that duality that most riddles speak to.

Im trying to think of a definitive "non-riddle" to show you how i feel about it, but im struggling. Let me know what you think about the above. I am learning from this too

edit on 3-1-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
yes that all makes perfect sense. when you grant them notice they come to the fore front. That's in my opinion my biggest flaw is i'm an over thinker.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I am too, and it makes it easy to get caught up in a whirlpool of thoughts instead of letting them flow like a river. I know thats probably a "riddle" but after the previous post, im guessing that one will be ok with ya, its explaining the same principle
You will see many compare thoughts, and actually "being" itself, to water. In my perspective, that is because they have very similar properties. If you have ever been carried by the force of water, you know the sensation. Its a very fun one, usually
. When you focus on the thoughts exclusively, its like putting a obstacle in that river. It will create whirlpools, disrupt the flow, and slowly start to cause back up (similar to how the more you try to ignore them, the harder they become to ignore)

I thought giving the "riddle" side of things too might be interesting to you, so you can see where so many of those sayings are coming from. At least on this

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

What I wouldn't give for a clear river with no whirlpools or obstacles! just gotta figure out how to direct them down a different path.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

It can take a lot of work friend. You have to slowly erode all those obstacles you have put into place. Just let the thoughts flow freely, and try not to get swept away in them. Be the "source" of the thoughts instead of the thoughts themselves. As we know, water can move mountains, but it takes a freaking long time!

And like i said, if i ever say anything that is tripping your "riddle radar" (im quite fond of the term now actually
), please please let me know. There are many people that are like you in how they want to be presented information. the ones in my life want to talk with me about "things" but they get frustrated with it because i have not learned how to do it any other way. The riddles are designed to do a certain thing, but sometimes i think for some, they can get to the same place without them. Since what is trying to be conveyed is beyond all words anyway, why cant concise statements lead to the same place as the riddles? I truly appreciate you helping me in this regard. You are helping me to communicate better, with willing effort, so i thank you.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Riddle Radar....I like that! Your doing splendid in how you are presenting the info. Truthfully I don't mind riddles for the most part, the only time for me when it gets frustrating is when Im searching something Im truly interested in. Id rather get to the point ya know. Your welcome as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Yeah, riddle radar sure does have a ring to it... Maybe i should trademark it before it hits the mainstream

I can understand the aversion to riddles in those circumstances. Usually, one is already a bit frustrated, and im sure the riddles do absolutely nothing to help that for certain people. I, like many others, get so stuck in the "proper" way to do things, i sometimes forget how truly diverse and vastly different perspectives really can be. And this realization should also bring light to the "there are no teachers, only students." We are never done learning! and i just love that.. The interesting thing is, "enlightenment" happens over and over and over again in our lives. It is not an endgoal. Though, the typical view on it would be "when ones river flows freely." And that is when the fun truly starts, and the "progress" can begin. Its a cycle like everything else, it is not the "end," it is when every-thing truly begins

If you feel more comfortable, you can just U2U me, but i really think your words and journey can help other people. day to day is even great. I think it would be amazing to have a day to day account of the "path to enlightenment." With all of its peaks and valleys. Also note, i have no doubt you will get "there." Make sure you feel the same
And at that point, you will notice your gifts are just as easy to use as moving your arm.
edit on 3-1-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
being an over thinker my mind gets locked into one path and quickly scans the riddle and disregards the content without studying it which admittedly causes me to most likely miss vital info. the day to day is a good idea. ill have to start thinking about that. now that the holidays are over i can start getting back to the acupuncture therapy. Ive had some pretty incredible results thus far doing that, have you ever tried that?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

In my opinion there is today only one righteous public high-level cultivation school in the world with a real genuine Master. It is called Falun Dafa self-cultivation in the Buddha Fa Qi Gong school. Remember you should not do self-cultivation with a pursuit of supernormal powers and you may not showany of them to everyday people since you may not disturb everyday society. If you do that you will loose them immediately.

The practice is all free of charge, no membership or organization etc. It is all up to yourself. Everything righteous is always bound to be free of charge.

I recommend you read the book Zhuan Falun to enlighten to the higher truths of being human and how to do self-cultivation:

www.falundafa.org...

Some exercises to open up your body and strengthen divine powers:

www.falundafa.org...

Wish you good luck.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Please remember, no riddles have been presented here, anything said has merely been metaphor, which is an entirely different thing. Metaphor is used among other things, as an aid to understanding unlike a riddle which is something you have to answer or work out. There is also perhaps the 'poetic' side of the metaphor which when used, particularly in the sphere of spirituality or enlightenment, can touch us or convey an emotion or feeling...There is of course a problem when metaphor is used as an illustrative example of something that can only be experienced. You say you are looking for a teacher...you first have to find out what you want to be taught. You then have to find out why you want that anyway. Then you have to find out who it is that wants it. That might be a first step for you...

I do wonder what literature you have been reading. There is a lot of mad stuff out there you know.
My first love was Jung...although I am trying to disentangle myself from all that.

Regards Midicon.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I remember reading somewhere that in order to make spiritual progress, the seeker must hate themselves. OK this seems a bit extreme especially for the USA readership but think about it self criticism and genuine humility are all necessary for the seeker. So a certain amount of unhappinessa bout the seeker's spiritual state must also be necessary.

Just a thought

PS Sorry it is not a riddle (lol).
edit on 4-1-2011 by tiger5 because: expansion

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
If i could figure out a way to loose all the crap in my mind it would be great!

You don't need to lose all that stuff, or spend years learning how to quieten down the mind. You only need to Focus on what you Intend.

At first you will need to remind yourself to refocus every 10 seconds or so, but if you stick with the effort required to Focus you will instigate a new bahaviour within 30 to 60 days.

Every time your mind wanders, just direct it back to what you intend focusing on. Too easy!!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I have tried acupuncture, but it was for entirely different reasons. It is difficult for me to stay in any one position for more than about 15 minutes. It ended up making my situation worse due to that. Also, many of the placements themselves were.. difficult due to some nerve damage. It made me feel better in many ways too though, so there is definitely something to be said for that!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by w810i

Before saying anything, can you give examples of the "Gifts" you claim to have? If your family is "Gifted" why do you need to look here?

my family on both sides are what i call gifted for lack of a more practical term. Some people call them gifts others may just call them odd. My mother had regular visitations from something through her life that at one point showed her, her sisters death down to the finest detail ie place it happened how it happened time etc. The next day she was told of her death. She predicted her own death the summer before she passed. I have aunts on my fathers side who regularly talk to who they call god, who instructs them on things and tells them when someone is in need etc.

Myself, regularly see spirits,shadow people, orbs.
THIS IS CLAIRVOYANCE - THE ABILITY TO SEE INTER-DIMENSIONALLY. THOSE HUMAN SPIRITS WHO HAVE NOT CROSSED OVER THROUGH THE LIGHT GO TO CLAIRVOYANTS BECAUSE THEY KNOW YOU CAN SEE THEM. IF YOU CAN HEAR AS WELL YOU ARE CLAIRAUDIENT. IF YOU CAN FEEL THEIR TOUCH YOU ARE ALSO CLAIRSENTIENT. SOME HUMAN SPIRITS HAVE DEMONS ATTACHED TO THEM SO THEY APPEAR TO BE HUMAN GHOSTS BUT ARE RUN BY THE DEMON.

I've met two people on two separate occasions that I believe where angels. They knew things I had not told other people. they were able to describe occurrences in my life.
THERE ARE MANY ENTITIES LURKING ABOUT WAITING TO ATTACH TO HUMANS IN PHYSICAL BODY. SOME ARE "DARK" ANGELS AND THESE SERVE THE DARK. THEY MASQUERADE AS LIGHT ANGELS. YOU DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE TO DIFFERNTIATE SO DO NOT TRUST THESE AT ANY TIME UNTIL YOU LEARN APPROPRIATE KNOWLEDGE/WISDOM AND PROTECTION.

I have a knack for knowing when someone is in deep emotional trouble and are thinking of doing hurtful things. there have been a lot of other odd things through out my life.

THOSE WHO SENSE OTHERS' "FEELINGS" ARE KNOWN AS EMPATHS. WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE IS FAR TOO EASY TO "TAKE ON THEIR STUFF". YOU MUST DEVELOP STRONG BOUNDARIES OR YOU CAN PICK UP THEIR AILMENTS: PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL, MENTAL, SPIRITUAL AND BE ENERGY DEPLETED.

Extreme caution is required when dealing with entities and others' emotions. Many will zero in on you and take your energy without permission for they know you are untrained. Also, you may willingly give out your energy to others. Please monitor your self and do not do this. We have X amount of designated life energy...when it is used up it is often referred to as "burn-out" for the medical professionals do not know what is going on. It is much more than stress; it is the negative end of caretaking, not caregiving, but caretaking. Caretakers sacrifice themselves and deplete their life energy. When all is gone no-one needs you anymore. Both those in body and earth-bound human spirits and other entities will readily take your energy. So beware.

To send Private Message or PM press MEMBER under my logo and scroll down to Send Message and depress that then write your message and send it off.

I cannot be your teacher for my gifts are somewhat different than yours. Send me Private Message rather than discuss this here.

Elder
edit on 11-1-2011 by Elderlight because: PM guidance

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
I remember reading somewhere that in order to make spiritual progress, the seeker must hate themselves. OK this seems a bit extreme especially for the USA readership but think about it self criticism and genuine humility are all necessary for the seeker. So a certain amount of unhappinessa bout the seeker's spiritual state must also be necessary.

Just a thought

PS Sorry it is not a riddle (lol).
edit on 4-1-2011 by tiger5 because: expansion

Self-loathing, self-deprecation are barriers to spiritual evolution. It is the opposite: one must come to accept and unconditionally love one's self. The way of self-hatred is encouraged by darkness to prevent the Journey within to the Light of God. Unhappiness is NEVER a prerequisite; this also is of darkness. Rather than self-criticism, which is judgment and also prevents the Journey, one does self-examination without judgment. This must be done in a neutral state.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Elderlight

Thanks for the comment.

Either way it is axiomatic that the initial impulse to take such an unusal journey is one of yearning and dissatifaction. Whether or not this is truly valid stance for someone to take is a thread in itself. I would also point out the spiritual exercises are analagous to working out in the gym. The same feelings are to be experienced from the joys of advancment through to despair at the slowing of discernable advancement.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I would also point out the need to not fall prey to the New Age quacks out there. Perhaps living where you do is a necessary protection. You may be canny with your wallet but what you don't know can damage you. Having a pure heart and noble intentions is no protection against the crooks and con artists. Some of these people are superstars of the new age and are complete frauds.

Look at the lineage of the teacher and the purity of the training. For example if you meet a "ancient Celtic shaman " walk away. If said shaman teaches you special chakra work run like hell. Asa newby you would be protected by your own incompetence however as you start to blossom the risks from faulty teaching increases.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

Thanks for the comment.

Either way it is axiomatic that the initial impulse to take such an unusal journey is one of yearning and dissatifaction. Whether or not this is truly valid stance for someone to take is a thread in itself. I would also point out the spiritual exercises are analagous to working out in the gym. The same feelings are to be experienced from the joys of advancment through to despair at the slowing of discernable advancement.

With all due respect you have no concept of what you speak of.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Keep your respect and prove your words! I advocate safety and caution. You do not know anything of me. I will continue to post. Your arrogance over nothing is not my problem.

I do not need followers hence I have made posts that are thought provoking and carefull. What have you done? I am against the new age mix and max. How about you?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join