It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for a teacher of sorts.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

I understand the point of your replys. People communicate differently, some people such as myself prefer concise and to the point interaction, while some prefer different forms no biggie. I'm not taking it personally. I appreciate the fact that you have taken time to post in my thread so thank you.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
What started out as a fairly simple request has again descended into argument and restrained intentional jibes.

Makes me wonder why any of us bother to share and read anymore.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Your right we are not talking about food, however the principle of not being interested in one vs another does apply, Im asking for help in regards to methods others have used to sharpen their abilities. And I am well aware that dreams are most often enigmas wrapped in riddles. If you have nothing to offer but argument and shallow short sided remarks please move along. ATS is a BIG place with lots of threads. Thanks.
edit on 2-1-2011 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

You are welcome

Also, any words or thoughts you come up with will take you one step further away from where you want to be. No riddle. Very direct.

Those who will only enforce and placate your limited beliefs are not "teachers" at all. No riddle. Very direct.

There are no teachers, only students. ehh, sometimes "they" slip

Ill probably see you elsewhere on the board.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
reply to post by ChiForce

Your right we are not talking about food, however the principle of not being interested in one vs another does apply, Im asking for help in regards to methods others have used to sharpen their abilities. And I am well aware that dreams are most often enigmas wrapped in riddles. If you have nothing to offer but argument and shallow short sided remarks please move along. ATS is a BIG place with lots of threads. Thanks.
edit on 2-1-2011 by w810i because: (no reason given)

You are right. I have nothing to say or to enlighten you. You know everything..... Good luck.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think more importantly there are two things that are a stumbling block to working with a teachers
1) Even spirituality is has its scenes and rock stars. The midset of "I have more students/followers than you therefore I am better than you" Which is completely wrong. How can you coach teach and drill all of these people to your best potential? It all takes takes.

2) Awesome levels of plaigiarism that lead to the moder chopsuey of mysticism that is the new age. Some New age practices lead to mental and spiritual indigestion.

The beauty of find someone to teach in real life if that you get to know the person and their agendas...

This area of study is no place for the naive. Please note I have nothing to sell because I have a successful career/life.
edit on 2-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Very true, I appreciate your post thank you.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Hi w810i. So you want to be taught about different things in the paranormal, and your looking for a teacher.... Hmmmm. It just depends what you want to study up on and learn as to whom can help you the most. More than likely you will teach yourself whatever it is that you want to learn, whenever you discover what it is that you wish to learn.

The only way to really teach yourself is by seeing others do whatever it is that you wish to learn. My suggestion to you is to go and look up whatever it is that you wish to learn about on "YouTube". There you can see all kinds of paranomal stuff, and scientific stuff, and whatever else your heart desires.

If you get burned out on watching YouTube videos and wish to read about stuff, then I suggest you quit buying books to read, and start exploring older books that are free to read on "google books". Use the "advanced book search" under the "Search Books" button. Then fill in the dot corresponding to "limited preview and full view" and then go over to the publication date and type in a date like 1900 in the last box so that you only read books before the year 1900, and then type in your search title and then click search. I'm sure the older books will really interest you because they have lots of information that newer books don't have. Somewhere along the line, most of the newer books lost lots of information about almost anything that you wish to learn about.

I wish you lots of luck in securing the knowledge that you wish to find and then be able to make use of it in its intended manner. Good luck my friend.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Fifth- Not everyone has the ability to teach themselves.

you're forgetting:

nobody taught you to walk you saw everybody else doing it
nobody taught you to speak, you learned by observing, cataloging, experimenting, etc.

"unless you become as a child..."

once you learned to read your abilities were diminished
i don't recommend books so they can be taken as gospel but as road maps of a sort
after all you don't go places you've never been without getting at least an over view

the use of zen koans and sufi riddles by other posters isn't meant to confuse you
its meant to confuse the materialistic "rational" mind which is only a small part of you
because it will only get in the way as it has a tendency to hog the limelight in detriment of intuition, instinct.etc.

i seem to recall reading somewhere that the third eye was the main means of mentation used by the Lemurians
Reason developed afterwards

edit on 2-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: made a few corrections

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
trying to look up a 404'd '___' thread a minute ago and stumbled on this
cant remember who but somebody posted a similar thread recently

Pineal-gland-and-opening-the-third-eye

more

opening-the-third-eye

opening-the-third-eye
edit on 2-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added links

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I have an exercise for you, but let me know if anything is perceived as a riddle, i will try to clarify. This is all meant to be a very direct and straightforward exercise, but i need your help in knowing if it is or not.

Imagine that which you love most deeply in this world. This will usually be a wife/husband/partner/parent/dog etc.

Become familiar with the experience of that emotion. This step alone can take a while, as there is infinite depth to all things. But, just think about that which you love most deeply, and take note of your experience. Dont try to put words to it, but if it helps, you can start out doing that. there will be a ton to it, friend, so dont try to "figure" it out, just identify the emotion and the experience of it.

Start to try to feel this experience/emotion without conjuring the item of your affection. Meaning, do not think about what you love most in the world, try to be able to feel the experience you are now familiar with, completely openly. Try to work towards the goal of being able to feel this experience and emotion at all times, with no direction. This will all take patience friend, and most of all, you will need to be patient with yourself. never, ever give up.

Once you are able to simply feel it as part of your being, try directing it, but not towards anything in particular. instead of just feeling the experience, let it flow out of you into the world. If that is not your "style," try directing it towards the item you hate most in this world. Do not delude yourself, that will be a true test if you actually do any of this. When you first try it, you may be disappointed to realize you are not nearly as "in control" of your experience as you previously thought. Dont let that discourage you. never, ever #ing give up.

In my perspective, this exercise should teach you many different things. How to harness your own emotions, where you are actually at in your progression, how strong you really can be, how weak you really can be, and countless more that would just be spoilers all together. Let me know what you think, there are others quite similar to you who could benefit from it if it doesnt trip that "riddle radar."

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would stay away from teachers. I would think you would be better off looking through the net to find sources and connecting with people of like mind to talk to and just selecting what you feel is best for you. One thing that I do now is meditate twice a day, once in the morning before you eat for no less than 20 min., and once in the evening before you eat for no less than 20 min.. This is most important because it will reduce any stress that you may have built up during the day and helps you focus better. Meditation will help you alot to maintain a high degree of focus and a calm and relaxed state needed to work in the metapsyical world.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Well I suppose the idea of riddles has been cleared up. Simple metaphor or analogy that helps to explain or give insight is not presented as a riddle. I was accused of the very same thing not so long ago. The fact that you saw riddles where there are none displays your lack of understanding. The literature that you have been reading may not be the best, and even if it were, what you take out of it is always relative. And you may not like dungeons and dragons…I could care less…it just shows that my comment was not understood. And I haven’t ‘burst into your house’ that’s just a silly analogy that has no relevance whatsoever. I saw people offering you well meaning advice and getting attitude in return. What does that say about you?
The truth is, if by some miracle, you do happen to find a teacher of some worth, then the first thing you will have to do is face some uncomfortable truths about yourself. Perhaps you aren’t ready for that yet. There’s an old saying ‘when the student is ready, the master will appear’…is that another riddle? Shall I decipher it for you… perhaps not…
Anyway good luck on your quest,

Regards Midicon.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
As an obvious empath, your best teacher would probably be a degree in psychology.
I would keep your "gifts" to yourself though. The best use of them would be to be able to use them in a "socially acceptable" manner.
Do a bunch of good, and write about how you became great AFTER you retire.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I find my best teachers in my dreams.
But I think I can learn from anyone and my plants and animals too, because I have so much to learn.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Nice to see you are getting lots of good advice.
As far as a teacher goes, I believe that when you remain in a tranquil calm state of being and not driven by distraction, material things, ego, pride or control you are much more aware of your surrounding and social interactions and thus more open to learning valuable spiritual lessons.
Henry David Thoreau said "A man (or woman) is rich in proportion to the number of things he (or she) can afford to let alone." This taps into spiritual richness not artificially created richness born out of insecurity and pride. Invest in Loss and the "teachers" and "lessons" will come out of the woodwork.
I found balancing my spiritual beliefs with a polar opposite philosophy helped me achieve a more well rounded outcome.
For example I grew up in Canada with Christian background, went to university studied European philosophy and then later studied Tai Chi with a great teacher and became interested in Asian philosophy. Together both sides helped me achieve a more well rounded harmony.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
reply to post by w810i

I have an exercise for you, but let me know if anything is perceived as a riddle, i will try to clarify. This is all meant to be a very direct and straightforward exercise, but i need your help in knowing if it is or not.

Imagine that which you love most deeply in this world. This will usually be a wife/husband/partner/parent/dog etc.

Become familiar with the experience of that emotion. This step alone can take a while, as there is infinite depth to all things. But, just think about that which you love most deeply, and take note of your experience. Dont try to put words to it, but if it helps, you can start out doing that. there will be a ton to it, friend, so dont try to "figure" it out, just identify the emotion and the experience of it.

Start to try to feel this experience/emotion without conjuring the item of your affection. Meaning, do not think about what you love most in the world, try to be able to feel the experience you are now familiar with, completely openly. Try to work towards the goal of being able to feel this experience and emotion at all times, with no direction. This will all take patience friend, and most of all, you will need to be patient with yourself. never, ever give up.

Once you are able to simply feel it as part of your being, try directing it, but not towards anything in particular. instead of just feeling the experience, let it flow out of you into the world. If that is not your "style," try directing it towards the item you hate most in this world. Do not delude yourself, that will be a true test if you actually do any of this. When you first try it, you may be disappointed to realize you are not nearly as "in control" of your experience as you previously thought. Dont let that discourage you. never, ever #ing give up.

In my perspective, this exercise should teach you many different things. How to harness your own emotions, where you are actually at in your progression, how strong you really can be, how weak you really can be, and countless more that would just be spoilers all together. Let me know what you think, there are others quite similar to you who could benefit from it if it doesnt trip that "riddle radar."
I used something similiar to this to get a hold of my emotions. This would be something good for him to try >333

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
reply to post by w810i

k- So Ive tried it a few times. I can encompass the love I feel but when I try to direct it, it gets lost in the multi-track of my mind.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

This is something that will likely take weeks, if not months or years friend.

Think of it like working out and exercising. You wouldnt expect to see any muscle growth until you have been doing it for a while

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join