It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for a teacher of sorts.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I am no teacher of the kind of stuff you are talking about here but I think I have a few simple tips that take true discipline to
follow through with.

To hone your senses and "extra senses" you may want to try:

1) Taking a close, hard look at your diet. No matter how well you think you eat, there are things that you could stop eating and other things you could eat more of to improve your sensitivity and spiritual awareness. This is why buddhist monks are veggies. Confucius wrote about diet. I have read that red meat lowers your body's resonating frequency. Anyway there is a lot to the sayings, "you are what you eat, or garbage in garbage out".

2) Learn to truly Breath. From the diaphragm and like your doing it for the first time. Very deliberate and slow, long and full. Hold the air for ten seconds and allow the breath to saturate your lungs and feel the energy it gives.

3) Mange your temper and negative emotions. Be ok with crying and feeling sad. Tears of sorrow have scientifically been proven to clean out neuro toxins from the body. These heightened states cause anxiety and toxins to build up in your body. Meditate or music or some activity that feeds a state of relaxation.

4)Invest in Loss. Resist the urge to control situations. Be at peace with yourself, don't take things personally. This blurb from the Tao Te Ching has some insight in it.

The sages of old were profound
and knew the ways of subtlety and discernment.
Their wisdom is beyond our comprehension.
Because their knowledge was so far superior
I can only give a poor description.

They were careful
as someone crossing a frozen stream in winter.
Alert as if surrounded on all sides by the enemy,
Courteous as a guest.
Fluid as melting ice.
Whole as an uncarved block of wood.
Receptive as a valley.
Turbid as muddied water.

Who can be still
until their mud settles
and water is cleared by itself?
Can you remain tranquil until right action occurs by itself?

5) Allow your life to be joyful and bring joy to others lives.

good luck, hope this helps

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

tarot cards are certainly just an aspect of the occult
Filed Under: Divination

I didn't charge or accept payment the whole point was to improve my psychic abilities

Tarot was a means to an end within a greater context

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

sparrowstail: excelent post, star for you
would like to add stay a way from flouride! [allegedly calcifies pititary/3rd eye]
no drugs! many will repress psychic ability

not to be a "fanboy" but the wisdom of the sages is certainly timeless
edit on 2-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Most excellent post starred love the Avatar

The masters are looking for those who have control over the lower self and reasonably solid connection to the higher self and can keep a sustained focus on thier mission no matter how hard it may get at times. Otherwise they cannot use or trust some of the higher teachings to the aspirant.

Yes they are, on both sides of the fence

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
and lets not forget that "The Emissarys of the Black Iron Prison" [in their hardly remembered dreams that is] are already on to you and are trying to convince you that you're nuts/sick

Aspertame & Sucrolose indeed! LMAO!
edit on 2-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: edit

Define your goal
develop a plan/roadmap to get there
develop a training plan
practice practice practice
edit on 2-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

edit on 2-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: edit

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

True 'dat !

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
animeready.com...

and animeready.com...

lovely anime series about a young man who can see spirits and what you can expect
that came to mind

en.wikipedia.org...
warning chapter synopsis/spoilers
edit on 2-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: used bad sentence structure

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail

True 'dat !

I disagree big time, just for the record.

A long, long time ago, humanity had three major religious sects... one was the Cult of the Mushroom. They knew that mushrooms were a very special thing. Truth is that psilocybin mushrooms can put people into a collective state of mind. It's all in the power of the mushroom

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

you're right about that, i was referring to street drugs
but I'm not gonna recommend psylocibin or amanita just like that

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

True 'dat !

I disagree big time, just for the record.

A long, long time ago, humanity had three major religious sects... one was the Cult of the Mushroom. They knew that mushrooms were a very special thing. Truth is that psilocybin mushrooms can put people into a collective state of mind. It's all in the power of the mushroom

I traveled to the Queen Charlotte Islands and crashed with some mushroom (the legal kind) pickers. They told me about a friend of theirs that took aminita muscaria, a dangerous mushroom and did the funky chicken comma style on a mountain top for like 7 hours dangerous. Whatever your take on mushrooms is I personally know they leave you in a state of recovery. I've heard that psilocybin stores in your spine as a neuro toxin, many people I have heard about experience back pain after usage.
Drugs may give you temporary insight here and there but it is artificially created and drains you of spiritual energy. The same effect can be achieved naturally, it just takes discipline and good health.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Thanks for your input. If I may let me set you straight on a few things. First if you read the previous posts you would know who I was talking about in regards to riddles, said poster admitted they speak in riddles. So thanks so much for telling me I have no depth or insight, perhaps a mirror near your computer would suit you best so you can take a long look into it before you post...just a thought.

Second- someone asked me to list my experiences and I did. You can cry bully all you want about what I have seen makes no difference to me. My life is not yours and yours is not mine. You can believe if you so choose or not to believe. That is up to you. I know what I have seen and that's all that matters to me.

Third- D&D does not nor has it ever appealed to me. So no that is not what I'm searching for. For you to assume to know what I want is pure arrogance on your part. Once again I think a mirror could really help you, maybe enlighten you on your attitude towards your fellow man. I don't burst into your house and tell you the outfit you chose for work looks silly, show a little respect and don't do it to me.

Fourth- Read my previous posts before you henpeck a reply. It saves a lot of time and lessens the effect of you trying to come off as an intellectual know it all and failing miserably. Had you done so you would see where I state I have a library full of literature that I have already read. I'm not opposed to books at all, just want to go another route. Is that ok with you or do I need to get a signed consent form from you??

Fifth- Not everyone has the ability to teach themselves. If that were the case we would have no need for teachers. Does a brain surgeon just one day start operating on peoples brains? No they don't they go to school and learn their craft from teachers/

Regards - me
edit on 2-1-2011 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I am no teacher of the kind of stuff you are talking about here but I think I have a few simple tips that take true discipline to
follow through with.

To hone your senses and "extra senses" you may want to try:

1) Taking a close, hard look at your diet. No matter how well you think you eat, there are things that you could stop eating and other things you could eat more of to improve your sensitivity and spiritual awareness. This is why buddhist monks are veggies. Confucius wrote about diet. I have read that red meat lowers your body's resonating frequency. Anyway there is a lot to the sayings, "you are what you eat, or garbage in garbage out".

2) Learn to truly Breath. From the diaphragm and like your doing it for the first time. Very deliberate and slow, long and full. Hold the air for ten seconds and allow the breath to saturate your lungs and feel the energy it gives.

3) Mange your temper and negative emotions. Be ok with crying and feeling sad. Tears of sorrow have scientifically been proven to clean out neuro toxins from the body. These heightened states cause anxiety and toxins to build up in your body. Meditate or music or some activity that feeds a state of relaxation.

4)Invest in Loss. Resist the urge to control situations. Be at peace with yourself, don't take things personally. This blurb from the Tao Te Ching has some insight in it.

The sages of old were profound
and knew the ways of subtlety and discernment.
Their wisdom is beyond our comprehension.
Because their knowledge was so far superior
I can only give a poor description.

They were careful
as someone crossing a frozen stream in winter.
Alert as if surrounded on all sides by the enemy,
Courteous as a guest.
Fluid as melting ice.
Whole as an uncarved block of wood.
Receptive as a valley.
Turbid as muddied water.

Who can be still
until their mud settles
and water is cleared by itself?
Can you remain tranquil until right action occurs by itself?

5) Allow your life to be joyful and bring joy to others lives.

good luck, hope this helps

Thank you for your excellent reply! Those are all things that Im currently working to change. I started acupuncture sessions about a month ago to help with those exact things. Learning how to breath and control negative emotions and such. Its a lot easier said then done, that much I know.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
reply to post by sinohptik

Not looking for riddles my friend. I realize it was there before it was written but alas that doesnt help me learn.

No it was not a riddle. He or she is telling you that whatever paranormal occurrence or experience you may be experiencing in the future will take place regardless what you will learn. These things will happen because there was a point in time in human history that someone who was similar like you had also experienced such occurrence. Books, in this sense, will often take away the depth of such knowledge and reducing the essence of the experience to "how to." Be careful with which books you pick up. If you are gifted, you should have possessed enough wisdom to understand a lot without being told and shown a lot.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

reply to post by midicon

Thanks for your input. If I may let me set you straight on a few things. First if you read the previous posts you would know who I was talking about in regards to riddles, said poster admitted they speak in riddles. So thanks so much for telling me I have no depth or insight, perhaps a mirror near your computer would suit you best so you can take a long look into it before you post...just a thought.

I "admitted" that, huh?

i didnt see anything i posted as a riddle either, with the exception of the buddhist quotes (maybe). I said that i use them, not that what i was currently speaking in were riddles. I was a bit disappointed that what i was saying was seen that way, honestly, but i will personally learn from it for the next person. So, in advance, they thank you for helping them. I even went on to say the arm allegory was not a riddle (the one thing i thought could be seen as one), and that in me trying to "help" you, i would frustrate you since you thought what i was currently posting were riddles. What you helped me learn was that despite them being so clear, to me and some others, some perspectives will view it as nothing but gibberish. So, just had to clarify since the internet is a hotbed for miscommunication

What i can be clear about is that you can not control others actions, but you can control your own. Whether or not you do that, and do it honestly, is only enforced by you.
edit on 2-1-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
"I use riddles because they better elucidate a concept beyond the linguistic limitations. Instead of instilling "definitions" they should instill something experiential."

Not saying everything you spoke was in riddles.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

"I use riddles because they better elucidate a concept beyond the linguistic limitations. Instead of instilling "definitions" they should instill something experiential."

Demanding to be told everything....you would make a fine student.....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Im not sure what you are trying to point out? I do use riddles, and above you will see my explanation as to why people will use riddles when talking about "things" like this. It was meant to encourage you in being more accepting in different styles of communication, but obviously failed miserably. I wont take total blame on that one though
But i didnt personally see anything i posted as a riddle, with the exception of the arm/breath allegory, which i went on to further say it was not a riddle and you should actually try it (did you?). As i said, i learned something from it, so i appreciate that. But i never said i am using riddles in this thread. Either way, its not a big deal. Some people dont see them as riddles (including myself), but your perspective does. So, in that respect, i was speaking in riddles. Hows that one for ya?

Dont take any of it too seriously, none of us are getting out alive anyway

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I didn't demand to be told anything. Simply stated I'm not interested in riddles. Nothing wrong with that. You go to a restaurant for dinner and the waiter suggests something your not interested in for the main course what do you do? You tell them your not interested in it. Same principle. Some people like riddles and some do not.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Never forget you are here to learn.
Never forget that.
There are no teachers per se,only learners.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I didn't demand to be told anything. Simply stated I'm not interested in riddles. Nothing wrong with that. You go to a restaurant for dinner and the waiter suggests something your not interested in for the main course what do you do? You tell them your not interested in it. Same principle. Some people like riddles and some do not.

We are not talking about ordering food here buddy...... You are asking someone to enlighten you on matters dealing with the spiritual world. Good luck at interpreting your dreams because dreams are riddles. And frankly, quite often the vary means in which the spirit world communicate to us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join