It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for a teacher of sorts.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

a Natural is a person who has psychic/magical ability by virtue of birth/family/bloodline
as opposed to someone who "develops" psychic/magical ability
it runs in the family

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
yes your are going to have to read a lot there's no escaping that

Books can help some people, but the answers one seeks were there and available before the books were written. Else, how could they be written on such things in the first place?

They speak of what is already there, beyond the reader and writer, and their concepts of it.

Books can be helpful, and great fun to read, but no one needs them to find what the writers found for themselves. Even when reading books, one has to find it for themselves anyway, so books can be just as "distracting" as "helpful."

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ah! Welcome to ATS, student! You have read some of the thread samples from your "teachers". You can find one or many teachers here. It's up to you really to discern which one(s) resonant truly with you. Hahaha! Good luck, though.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
k so the question is where do i go from here?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Books can help some people, but the answers one seeks were there and available before the books were written. Else, how could they be written on such things in the first place?

100% percent with you there but...
why reinvent the wheel when there's a book explaning how to make one
they're also good for pointing pitfalls and such sort of like maps
not meaning to be argumentative

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Not looking for riddles my friend. I realize it was there before it was written but alas that doesnt help me learn.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Head on to the library. Got lots of books in there to read.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

No where, you are already where you need to be, you just need to match your perspective to it. We get trapped in our minds, and our beliefs, all the while limiting it all. Another way to look at it is its simply "Being." You go beyond your own concepts and filters when facing this continuous moment. We limit our experience by our definitions of it, so our experience will therefore be limited. If you simply "are" (being), and you match your perspective with what is already happening, you will know where to go from there. "There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but they all lead to the same place."

Another good quote is:

"Do not believe others beliefs,
Do not believe your belief,
Do not believe belief itself"

Really though, in a finite perspective, a single word or thought created to explain/understand/etc "it" already take us one step away from "it." But it is all the same thing, in the end.

edit: fair enough, good luck on your journey
dont get too trapped in your mind!
edit on 2-1-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
reply to post by w810i

Head on to the library. Got lots of books in there to read.

Ive got a home library filled with books on various subjects related to this. Im searching for something pratical or someone who has the experience that I can relate to in a real world scenario.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Ill reply, but if you want to speak about it further, feel free to send me a U2U. Op already said he is not interested in what i have to say, and i respect that.

The things that the books speak about are the writers concepts on something humans cannot comprehend in its entirety. Using others concepts to define ones own can be helpful, but it will only go "so far." Using ones own concepts will also only go "so far." These things are not contained within words, they are experiential. When one conceptualizes them into words, for a book, the inherent linguistic limitations will already provide a starting point of miscommunication on something that is beyond words and even the concept anyway. It is not just something we think about, its something we do with our every breath. But if you just think about breathing, it does nothing. You need to actually inhale/exhale a breath to breathe, but it is done with neurons firing all the same.

I truly wish you all the best in your individual journeys

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

You and I are in the same boat here, only no paddle or gifts and such.

Just be alone and maybe the answers you seek might "manifest".

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Ill reply, but if you want to speak about it further, feel free to send me a U2U. Op already said he is not interested in what i have to say, and i respect that.

The things that the books speak about are the writers concepts on something humans cannot comprehend in its entirety. Using others concepts to define ones own can be helpful, but it will only go "so far." Using ones own concepts will also only go "so far." These things are not contained within words, they are experiential. When one conceptualizes them into words, for a book, the inherent linguistic limitations will already provide a starting point of miscommunication on something that is beyond words and even the concept anyway. It is not just something we think about, its something we do with our every breath. But if you just think about breathing, it does nothing. You need to actually inhale/exhale a breath to breathe, but it is done with neurons firing all the same.

I truly wish you all the best in your individual journeys

To clarify: what im not interested in are riddles, I have an ex who is a big enough riddle for me. If you can help me then I'm all ears.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I cant help you in the way that you want to be helped.

I use riddles because they better elucidate a concept beyond the linguistic limitations. Instead of instilling "definitions" they should instill something experiential. One cant put a definition to such things, and that can be understandably frustrating. its the difference between thinking about your arm moving, and actually moving your arm. There is no riddle to that concept, it is what it is. Try it out for yourself, its not complicated.

"Riddles" should lead us to actually move our arm, or "take action" if you will. For most, they are just frustrating, for obvious reasons. I would likely do nothing but frustrate you

all the best!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

You learn the most from within . . . information given from an outside perspective is . . . only . . . just that . . . an outside perspective. You can only use those perceptions as a glimmer of understanding upon your own reality . . . I hope you follow me!?! There are many different opinions upon the color of a rainbow . . . let alone, perceptions of anything beyond such a sight . . . commonplace for many . . rare and beautiful to some!

I love rainbows! BTW . . . No pun intended whatsoever!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
reply to post by w810i

I cant help you in the way that you want to be helped.

I use riddles because they better elucidate a concept beyond the linguistic limitations. Instead of instilling "definitions" they should instill something experiential. One cant put a definition to such things, and that can be understandably frustrating. its the difference between thinking about your arm moving, and actually moving your arm. There is no riddle to that concept, it is what it is. Try it out for yourself, its not complicated.

"Riddles" should lead us to actually move our arm, or "take action" if you will. For most, they are just frustrating, for obvious reasons. I would likely do nothing but frustrate you

all the best!

give it a try

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Couple things. Look within and explore. Read a lot and if drawn to something spend some time there. Never give your authority to any teacher or follow blindly even other worldly teachers always question even if they have earned your respect as a teacher by demonstrating thier abilities. If any teacher ever says you should not question their authority you can be sure they are not a true teacher.

Don't believe anything even from a respected teacher, angel, or God himself, unless it first makes sense and is confirmed by the inner voice. By the same token do not dismiss it out of hand if it does not resonate at first but put it on the shelf for later contemplation.

Practice harmlessness in all your thoughts, words, and actions until you have control over the lower self and you will eventually experience a great expansion of consciousness. Have a desire to serve humanity And last but not least when the student is ready (for the next level) the teacher will appear.

The masters are looking for those who have control over the lower self and reasonably solid connection to the higher self and can keep a sustained focus on thier mission no matter how hard it may get at times. Otherwise they cannot use or trust some of the higher teachings to the aspirant.

So it is best to weigh everything make a decision and forge ahead rather then stand idle and wait for direction. If it is a wrong decision it will soon become apparent and you can correct course...
edit on 2-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

To be honest I haven’t seen any riddles being expressed here, the fact that you see such statements as riddles, shows that you have no depth or understanding of anything at all. Perhaps that’s a clue as to how you can proceed. Let me address this quote specifically…

“Myself, regularly see spirits,shadow people, orbs. I've met two people on two separate occasions that I believe where angels. They knew things I had not told other people. they were able to describe occurrences in my life.”

Well ‘bully’ for those angels. Couldn’t they have done something more productive?
And dare I say it…you don’t see spirits, shadow people or orbs.

If I may make a suggestion, why don’t you read some decent literature and I could probably suggest a few authors here. Having said that, I realise of course that this is not what you really want… what you really want is some happy little esoteric game of dungeons and dragons. There are many here on ATS that will happily indulge you and themselves in this sort of shallow, self serving, going nowhere type of thing.
Lastly...drop all the nonsense and teach yourself...seems simple enough.

Regards Midicon.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
DISCLAIMER: not to be negative or trying to scare you

BEWARE
the occult or if you prefer the Hidden side of Creation is full of all sorts
head games power plays what have you
when i was in college i could've had followers and started a cult
all on the basis of me being good with the tarot cards

Tarot cards are interesting and whatever, but barely represent the occult. The occult is, in one sense, a science of understanding metaphysics. In another sense, it is a means to understand symbols and their connections and relevance to us ("Syncronicity" as Carl Jung said best).

w810i-
Im searching for something pratical or someone who has the experience that I can relate to in a real world scenario.

I'm going to be honest here.

It's not so much about what you know, it's about who you are. It's about what you understand, but not necessarily know at the same time.

If you truly open yourself up and experience it, then you will become more adept to it... though like some say, this is a spiritual endeavor, and you will never be able to walk away from it. It's like stepping into a whole new dimension of thought and understanding, where you will probably encounter both good and bad things so you can't be ignorant at all about it.

There's a lot of relevant texts that you can read that can help you understand... but that's really all that they are good for, helping you understand. It is a journey... there is no magical gimmick that can implant this knowledge into you, only your own control over your conscience and your personal experiences will further your understanding.

That's all that I have to say anyways, to anyone who is listening.

edit on 2-1-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Hi,

Can I say at the start... Keep it Simple.

You will find a billion different people and sites offering diverse things to do, and much of it does not lead where you really want to go/be.

There are two kinds of Teachers. There are Teachers.. who you can pick out in a crowd for their clothes, speak and mannerisms. The other are people you can't spot in the crowd, unless you see the light shine for you. The first will Teach you much information that could give some experiences if you follow the Beliefs being offered. The last will show you how to easily reach the Real Teacher Within You... after which you won't need them.

Signatures in forum posts are great things, and in mine you'll find my website sharing free methods I used on myself and have since been sharing in circles and individually for over 12 years. These methods work for almost everyone who really practices them daily and takes seriously the things that arise to show directions for you to explore yourself.

Be well, and remember.. Have NO FEAR, and, practice daily.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I think OP wants to be a Jedi.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join