It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best MMORPG?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm still waiting for WoW to come out. It was supposed to be this month.

I've seen movies and pics of EQ2, and it really does look like it's gonna kick ass. I hadn't played EQ(1) neither.

On my side, I tried City of Heros for the first time this week. I bought it to a friend of mine (half-price), because he couldn't play it on his computer lol...
I think it's great, but keep in mind it's the first MMORPG I try, ever.

I've played 3 evening in a row now. So far I created 4 character, all are level 2 only except this mighty warrior that I use as a avatar, who is a Magic Scrapper of level 6 !!! He is so bad ass, you have no idea. I made him real huge, like 7 foot tall, and he use "Dark Melee" skills and "Dark Armor" for protection. He rocks. I can't wait that my day of work is over and I can go back to play it.

Yes....thoses games are very addictive. Watch out. I don't really have to worry, I barely didn't had any social life left after my last depression...

Later.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I know americas army dosent fit into that kind of Eq thing but I just got hooked on that again after being clean for like a year you should check it out if you like shooting games edit because I am stupid It is a Mmofps

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by Thug69]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
my fave was earth and beyond it was a sad day when it closed

I admit it didnt have the best graphics but it had an awesome storyline and the game play was top notch.
my faverate class was the jenqui defender a hybred warrior/exploror
it was a blast exploreing sneaking about cloaked and blowing away the mobs

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I've played mostof them (EQ, AC1, AC2, UO, AO, SWG, DAOC).

My favorite by far was AC1. It was deep, had a good population at the time (I never met a griefer in 2 years of play) and had good graphics, a unique monster lineup and back story, a good interface and keyboard/mouse setup, monthly storylines, and housing. I still think on occassion about going back, but I just worry about population levels in that game.

Second best I think probably would be DAOC. BIG, and very AC1-like with all the features.

Worst? As much as I hate to say, I think it was AC2. I spent $300 just upgrading for the graphics, and once I got in there it was gorgeous, but empty. No other players, since the world was so huge. And worst thing, I think? NO vendors at all!!! And damn few npcs. I like playing by myself, but even so, I was more lonely playing that than any other game ever. If you had the AC1 game, with the AC2 graphics...now THAT would be a game.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a list of mmorpgs

1: runescape
2:tibia
3:quest
4:kingdoms of war

those a free ones i know of

the best one to go to would propley be runescape thats free and its very good game

www.runescape.com

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I consider myself a star wars Galaxies player, though right now i'm not playing until the space Expansion comes out. But even though i'm not playing right now i try to keep myself up to date on what's going on. It looks like SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) is about to be kicked off of SWG and lucasarts will take it over directly. The major rumor going around right now is that right after JTL (Jump to lightspeed, the space expansion) comes out, Lucasarts will make an announcment saying they are taking direct control of SWG. A couple people researching the rumor found this :
www.lucasarts.com...
which may not seem strange to some, but to anybody familiar with SWG says alot, SOE announces all their own job openings on their website, and on the SWG forums. The only reason LA would need to the Sr Director be part of Lucasarts is if they were taking it over.

so have faith in SWG and Lucasarts, it looks like it's going to get better soon.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If they fix the Botting and cheating in Starwars Im going to play that once that expansion comes out.

Iam also going to play WoW for 200% sure!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Playing SWG again, a lot less buggy than last time I played it. Having fun as a Zabrak, soon to be BH.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
for now I am playing neocron 2 its a bit complicated to learn but thats a plus for me also has rated R content topless women
foul languge speaking npc's and lots of killing

it just came out of beta so its still got bugs but so far I like it

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
i dont know about anyone else, but i think that the best MMORPG is deffinatly everquest. i play that as much as i can and not as much as i want lol. you can do virtually anything you want in that game, no storyline, and it never ends!(hence EVERquest) i sometimes play that for 3 days straight, no sleep and little to eat, not healthy i know, but i may lose some weight over it! (im not that fat anyway, i just could use to lose a couple pounds
)

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My favorite MMOG (not rpg) was planetarion years ago i remember a friend from college playing it online and i said whats this and he explained what it was all about (Dont forget a few years ago MMOG were almost unheard of) and after he told me and i watched him play for awhile i decided to sign up and i was totally addicted from then all my friends decided to create an account and we all chose to stay in the same Kingdom and we kicked arse!

But because it was in beta and we played for almost a year it started charging people to play which i was not willing to do so i never signed up again.

Currently im playing a MMOG called Utopia and once you understand how it works its brilliantly addictive!

Heres the link.

Utopia

A word of warning though when signing up i would recommend creating an account in the World of Legends server as Battlefield is very tough and i was forced to go onto the Battlefields server because when the last age ended our Kingdom was the highes ranking Kingdom on the Island so they placed our Kingdom in Battlefield which has turned out to be a challenge and most players have quit because of this.

Im going to sign up to RuneScape now, i heard about it before but never really thought it was the kind of game it is, it does look good and reminds me of Second Life which looks absolutely amazing and will no doubt send a craze out for these type of Virtual World games where basically have a Second Life but online, I recommend everyone to have a look at Second Life, They are even offering a free 7 day trail, although you still have to provide credit card details.

Second Life

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm still playing City of Heroes like some crazy addicts. I got my main guy to lvl 28 yesterday. Can't wait to reach 30 to add more special effect to my character.

COH certainly might not be the "best mmorpg" of all, but honnestly, tell me... how many MMORPG allows your guy to dance!

I know (because I've asked before) that I'm probably the only one here still playing that... but if anyone else ever plays it again... if you see this big black and green guy that's in my avatar, well that's me

[Edited on 26-10-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Anyone here planning on playing WoW (World Of Warcraft)?

Im in the beta test right now, the game is awsome!

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Been playing Conquer Online for almost 2 years..My sons play it too. Cost nothing to play...

Conqueronline.com

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
WoW excellent game if you have the time and money for it... get it and the expansion cause in the expansion you get buttloads more content and bug fixes galore alltogether a good game but only if your machine can handle some serious s*** cause wow is 4 gb by itself not counting patches or the expansion but still sooooooooooo worth it...

oh and a hint for WoW junkies when you see a chicken critter dont kill it type /chicken to it about 60 times(best to make a macro) and be sure to be able to go to westfall ill let you figure out the rest

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I've been addicted to coveofpirates.com... lately. It might not be that good compared to other games, but it definately kills some time.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
WoWhead here!

Meet - my level 70 Undead Warlock.
Realm: Khaz Modan
Guild: Tempting Fate
Spec: Affliction

[edit on 6-27-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I've only played 2
Final Fantasy 11
Fable

I liked Final Fantasy the only thing i can really say that i didn't like about it was how long it took to make decent progress.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
I've only played 2
Final Fantasy 11
Fable

I liked Final Fantasy the only thing i can really say that i didn't like about it was how long it took to make decent progress.
lol fable isnt an MMO its just a normal RPG. but i recently downloaded rappelz epic III and its an awesome game full of very rich detail and fun battles.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Navyfield

A sweet and simple game.
Great tension breaker.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join