It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica Yields Remnants of a Dwarf Planet from Creation of Solar System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30b8acba95f9.jpg[/atsimg]

Rocks can be many things: they were probably our earliest weapons, they've been ballast on our journeys of exploration, even modern-art pieces. But a pair recovered from Antarctica may be the grandest application yet - tombstones for an entire world. Lunar and Planetary Institute researcher Allain Treiman believes that them to be pieces of a destroyed dwarf planet, relics from the creation of the solar system.

It's relevant to questions so important that most adults don't think to ask them - why are there only eight planets? Or nine, or however many there are now? Why are they where they are? Because of all the objects that formed during the birth of the solar system, the ones we see are the ones that survived. It's likely that many small proto-planets formed as the stellar dusts condensed into larger bodies - some collided and merged, some may have been pinballed out of the system by the varying gravitational fields, and it seems that some got smashed to bits in the confusion. The existence of the asteroid belt supports such planetary pile-ups - but we can look at these antarctic rocks much closer.

This is another cool finding. The feldspar appears to be too concentrated and needed a planet to create it?

Well how cool is that? this will be interesting if this pans out as it will help in the formation of not only just Earth and it's moon but in all of the solar system as well.

Can't wait to see how this investigation progresses and what information we come upon.

Looked around on here but could not find another article on it, so if there is one feel free to delete.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This is very interesting. I like many others have always felt a correlation in the tilt of Uranus, the Asteroid belt and certain indigenous myths in regards a rogue body slamming through our solar system at some time in recent geologic past. Im not sure as to why this must be from the formation of our solar system, but perhaps so.

This in no way is implying a justification of Sitchin, however with science showing how we are actually on the cusp of a Sagitarian galaxy which is being consumed by the Milky Way...any number of theories certainly seem to take shape given the supposition in the OP.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

indeed

dont feel a need to not "justify Sitchin" though its funny how he and Velikovsky [look him up] do seem
to be shown correct in a thing here and there.

Go Catastrophism !!!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by Shadowfoot

indeed

dont feel a need to not "justify Sitchin" though its funny how he and Velikovsky [look him up] do seem
to be shown correct in a thing here and there.

Go Catastrophism !!!

yes
and the ancient scriptures all seem to be like a chinese whispers version of the ancient sumerian texts - the later the scriptures were written the more things have been altered in the myths to reflect a god which in the ancient sumerian texts was not attributed to god but to ancient aliens

I would love to really know what happened back then - wouldn't we all?

and yes I can see how, little discoveries here and there, seem to be in tune with what sitchin and others have written about the ancient solar system

off to look up Velikovsky - thanks for the tip

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30b8acba95f9.jpg[/atsimg]

Is it just me, or does that curved rock the guy's turned towards look incredibly like a giant shrimp? And the one further to the right looks like a cartoon horse. I'm not trying to be funny. They look... well... 'sculpted.'

Or I need more sleep.

Nice find, predator0187!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I am going to bump this topic because I wanted to hear more about what the posters think, I thought it was interesting.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Amazing find! Thanks Pred..

I was just introduced to the theories of Velikovsky over the past few months. I have been fascinated with the whole affair. I greatly dislike "Ivory Tower" thinking when it comes to investigation and theory discussions.

This past week I also discovered the theories of David Talbott. Talk about a rabbit hole! For those that are not familiar with Talbott's theories: (warning, very watered down version...) What was once worshiped as powerful gods by the ancient people were actually planets that were very close to earth. Because of their close proximity to our planet, these "god" planets were very unstable and unpredictable. Which then became stories of the "gods" having wars against each other. The "gods" fought each other with cosmic lighting, while fire and stone rained down on earth.

That's basically as far as I've gotten with the info. I find it very curious and fascinating! Could this remnant of a dwarf planet just be some of the "gods" war rubble?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I love V.read his stuff many moons ago although many think it is hogwash, I still see possibilities.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thanks for all the positive replies!!

I thought people would like this thread as it is talking about another planet colliding with the Earth and having possible evidence of it. That any day of the week is awesome in my book!!

Pred...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hey lemme throw this out there...venus also spins the opposite way from all other planets (on axis) in our solar system. I mean, sure it's still theories but dont many of our solar system anomalies like aforementioned(asteroid belt, uranus tilt etc) kinda lend themselves to the obvious conclusion? Thanks Pred, this is the kind of discussion I really enjoy.

new topics

top topics

join