It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UCAV Telecommuting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What do you think? With a secure sattelite uplink you could pilot you UCAV from your home office. I know this sounds far fetched, but think of the economic benifits esp for the Reserve forces. Damm, i got shot down while I was in the john

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Im sure it can be done. Just imagine getting shot down or crashing because of lag too that would suck. Better use broadband

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Im sure it can be done. Just imagine getting shot down or crashing because of lag too that would suck. Better use broadband

So honey how was your day? Nothing much, dropped a few 2000l pounders, shot down a few gomers, nothing special

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That type of event kinda of happens already. B-2 pilots that had missions over Kosov flew out from missouri nonstop 30 hours and came back home after dropping their bombs. One pilot remarked that after comming home his wife was yelling at him to mow the lawn and less then 24hrs ago he was dropping bombs on a enemy. Ofcourse he couldnt tell his wife what he had done but I thought it was pretty funny.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
yeah, i would think that the lag would be too long in order for this to be effective. even a second or two or lag could spell the end of the UCAV. i'm sure the government thought of this already, and that's why the pilots of the UCAVs are nearby on the ground or in the air.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
yeah, i would think that the lag would be too long in order for this to be effective. even a second or two or lag could spell the end of the UCAV. i'm sure the government thought of this already, and that's why the pilots of the UCAVs are nearby on the ground or in the air.

Actually it was a tounge in cheek post however, the AF invisons deep strike for some of these birds. That may entail 1000+ miles into denied territory. A digital sattelite or maybe laser link would be near instaneous for controll. there will always be an lag unless you impliment AI, but do you want machines being able to kill without a human? Did Arnold teach us nothing

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
What�s the point of having pilots sitting at home using the ucavs its much safer and under more control to do it near the site on a AF base imagine if your child picks up the damn joystick uh you of the Air Force a whole lot of money.

top topics

join