It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being in Europe while a huge chunk of ATS is in the western hemisphere is frustrating!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Fellow Europeans and others who don't live in western hemisphere time zones, don't you often find it insanely frustrating when you are online and put a lot of effort into your posts...and then...nothing. For a few hours. Eventually you decide to turn in. You check back on ATS the next day and bam!, a page of responses to that thread.

Why? Because you posted at a time when those in the western hemisphere (primarily the USA) are either asleep or at work.

It's sort of frustrating.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I usually never get responses period, so it doesn't matter what time zone I'm in.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I think i shall quit my boring job as a sea urchin salesmen to accommodate your unfortunate circumstances good sir.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think I will wait 6 hours before I reply to this post

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Relax, there is no such thing as time.

"Time zones" either, for that matter...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Here's one for you.

reply to post by Socratic Method

Oh, I don't expect accommodation, merely understanding. I mean, I used to live in Missouri, now I'm in Europe (CET to be specific), so it's not particularly fun to have to sort through hours of posting.

And don't stop selling sea urchins, I love using them in pasta.

reply to post by sueloujo

This made me guffaw...slightly.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I mainly use CET as its more global..well, that is when one refers to the European time zones

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
for me the best part of the day on ATS is from about 8am to 1pm GMT. It seems to be a bit more of a saner place at that time of the day.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I know what you mean. I tend to keep checking back to a post wondering if I have killed the thread, only for the thread to magically return to life as soon as I am offline. It's a bit like the Royal Mail, really - if you leave the house for five minutes out of the entire day, that is virtually guaranteed to be the window that they will turn up, leave a note, and flee at light speed.

Lately (relative to my brief membership), it seems that none of the threads I am haunting are getting replies with any regularity, regardless of time zone. I do wish that other people wouldn't selfishly have lives and thereby detract from my entertainment, forcing me to (shock, horror) actually study, or worse still, leave the house and be forced to interact with people in the process of purchasing food to entertain me while I wait for someone to drag out the same old straw men.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
for me the best part of the day on ATS is from about 8am to 1pm GMT. It seems to be a bit more of a saner place at that time of the day.

You basically mean until the Americans show up

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It may be annoying but consider this...

What if all ATS people lived in the same country? How much would we be missing out on as far as world-wide info.

We need all kinda of people to make this work.

top topics

join