It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY lie??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I recently read a thread by someone claiming that they shot at an ET. The story turned out to be just that "a story"

Why and what do people gain from making a story up from thin air and claiming it to be genuine?
I have only recently joined this site and did so with a view to share my own genuine encounter with people and to begin a quest to get some answers.
I posted my experience which is EBE R116R the truth, i found the site to be great for getting feedback and links to look into. However the blatant garbage i read in reference to the chap who shot at the ET made me think oh no what have i done, if i had read that rubbish earlier i wouldn't of posted my own genuine experience to the site. its a shame because i feel that people who post lies make genuine people not want to post our own experience for the fear of being stereotyped as a looney story teller.

What do people gain from wasting time dreaming up # and passing it off as truth???

For some people it probably fills in the gaps of a very dissatisfied life or existence or maybe they are just mentally ill and can't help it.

Why tell bull# stories ???
edit on 28/12/2010 by stewalters1 because: typing error R611R

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stewalters1

Hey there stewalters,

I fully understand what you're saying ... it is so frustrating but please don't be disillusioned by ATS (it really is the best site of it's kind on the entire net).

When you put things in perspective you have to remind yourself that ATS is a huge site and an unimaginable diversity of people make up the membership numbers from all around the world.

Once you've been here a while you will see that we really do attract all sorts of folk here (including some who claim to be actual aliens), and to some extent we have to take the rough with the smooth. That said I honestly believe that the majority of members here are very sharp and intellectually aware of those who are nothing more than attention seekers and disruptive influences.

The members here are very quick to spot the frauds and flush them out (on all forums) ... that's why members like that don't have a very long shelf life on ATS ... so as I said before ... they are always going to be around but don't let them put you off. When you relate your own experiences be sure to relate them as they happened from memory ... and whilst there are those naysayers who insist that nothing is true
the members that matter will discern truth from BS by the time they reach the end of the first paragraph.

Enjoy the time you spend here and step away from the threads that frustrate you ... ATS is a mine of information and shared (genuine) experiences once you start to look ... and you'll realise the other kind are not as prolific as you might think for a site of this size.

Woody

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I agree with everything you stated Woody!

People tell lies to boost their ego and protect themself from the truth.

Common morals in Love & Respect for others are lacking in certain people these days. Things have become to selfish for an individual and they fail to think of what their actions will do to others.

Everyone has an opinion of some sort but each statement made should be nothing but truth and honesty while respecting the persons opinion they are talking to.

Trash talk and name calling doesn't solve a problem it creates more problems.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I think the mods should label these members as hoaxers in their profile and on their avatars. This way we can all take their threads with a grain of salt. When particular members on this site continue to push their fantasy bs, it makes people who have legitimate contributions to these forums hesitate to share their experiences.

I know by looking back at past threads of some of these members, you can get a track record of their hoaxes.
Mods, can't we flag these members?

I see a day when someone is going to legitimately witness a bizarre event or have an inside story on something, and everyone here will ridicule it based upon the number of hoaxes members are posting. These people are going to be looking for help and feedback from ATS members, but their going to left out in the cold until the event is proven true.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

I think the mods should label these members as hoaxers in their profile and on their avatars. This way we can all take their threads with a grain of salt. When particular members on this site continue to push their fantasy bs, it makes people who have legitimate contributions to these forums hesitate to share their experiences.

I know by looking back at past threads of some of these members, you can get a track record of their hoaxes.
Mods, can't we flag these members?

I see a day when someone is going to legitimately witness a bizarre event or have an inside story on something, and everyone here will ridicule it based upon the number of hoaxes members are posting. These people are going to be looking for help and feedback from ATS members, but their going to left out in the cold until the event is proven true.

That is my point also.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have read this site many times but had not joined. I joined because of your post. The first thing I tell everyone who becomes my assistant or that I am going to teach is that they can never lie again, not even to women and not in their personal life. If they wish to keep something personal they are told that they must say so.

My parents were not liars (both dead) and I respected them for it and have attempted to do the same. This is by way of answering your question. A few weeks ago a young man asked if I would teach him business. He sells used cars and loves the women. I told him the same, if I will teach you, you can never lie again. He caught himself about to lie a few days ago and told me about it. He didn't lie in the end.

What people lack, in my opinion, is good examples. You ask why people lie, I ask why some don't. We are trained to focus on cookies and results, few are taught to focus on morals. One of the reasons I read this site is because it does have intelligent conversation. It also has complete nonsense. Do not be afraid of nonsense, find where there is any intelligence and you will be rewarded. We must separate the wheat from the chaff.

I am in my 50s and have learned that there is no shortage of liars. I have also decided the world does not need another liar. In the end the lies do not matter because the truth will come out. My belief, and that is all it is, is that if we dislike lies then we should only tell what we believe to be the truth. If we are an example then others will know that you don't have to lie.

To the moderators I apologize for not having posted a hello yet. It will be my next post. To the original poster I will attempt to answer his question with more precision. People lie because it is easy and gets them what they want. Those who post outrageous claims do so because they wish to be recognized. It is not complicated, just sad.

Too many view words as tools to achieve goals rather than a way to express their truth. Words are how we unite, how we exchange our experiences. The exchange of experiences allows us to grow. I am a Christian and believe the point of life is to grow enough so that we can handle the understanding that we are spiritual beings involved in a spiritual battle. The battle, in my opinion, is the choice between showing ourselves, our shortcomings and growing and learning and getting what we want. Too many chose to get what they want. The people that lie want more than they are ready for. I hope that makes some sense.

Be well and thank you for your post. I hope my meaningless words were of some value.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

No offence but without evidence and just based on your own personal testimony it’s just as easy for someone to believe that the guy shot a ET as it is for one to believe your own encounter. Its just that his makes for a more spectacular story. How is it ok for you to say that you’ve had a ET encounter with no evidence but you will make a entire thread ranting about another user doing the exact same thing. My opinion neither of you have had a ET encounter.

Also I don’t think it’s right for you to basically start bitching like this, first time I have ever seen a negative thread made by one member of ATS about another. It’s just not how we do things.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Just ignore them, once your on this board a while you will see alot of threads.

Like prediction threads with dates, anyone who knows anything will know there is no such thing as predictions and dates period.

911 happened on that day because they did it on that day for added emphasis, like how 911 is the emergency number in usa.

Thats why all the posts i do are serious and i am being serious most times, i long ago gave up caring about anything but just saying it as it is.

In truth movement too, stay away from people doing it for money, that alone is showing you they are going to make up stuff for money and will not give out truths.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I now completely understand why people lie.

You tell the truth and nobody believes you !
What a joke of a situation to be involved in.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Why lie?Hmmm a lot of "good" reasons
1-Get attention
2-mock the ones that believe in aliens.After a few stories like that(haven't read the one you are writing here) even a real encounter or a real experience will seem fake to everyone.
3-Frighten people from writing their experiences.Because of the answers the threads get.
4-Just troll.

Unfortunately in cases like that(like yours),no evidence exist apart from the person's testimony.Anyone can make up a story.That is why although i have a few weird experiences,i do not post them,because of no the evidence.I keep them to myself,until i can proove them.
No worries,if your story is legit,no matter what members say to you,you have nothing to fear.If on the other hand you are playing with us....i will send my reptilian bodyguard to eat you

new topics

top topics

join