It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000 Birds Fall From the Sky in Arkansas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

friday night, ringing in the New Year took on a whole different meaning for the citizens of Beebe. Around 11:30 p.m., enforcement officers with Arkansas Game and Fish Commission began getting reports of dead black birds falling from the sky in the city limits of Beebe.

BEEBE, Ark.-- Saturday night, ringing in the New Year took on a whole different meaning for the citizens of Beebe. Around 11:30 p.m., enforcement officers with Arkansas Game and Fish Commission began getting reports of dead black birds falling from the sky in the city limits of Beebe.

Officers estimated that over 1,000 birds had fallen out of the sky over the city before midnight. Most of the birds were dead, but some were still alive when officers arrived. The blackbirds fell over a one-mile area in the city. AGFC wildlife officer Robby King responded to the reports and found hundreds of birds. "Shortly after I arrived there were still birds falling from the sky," King said. King collected about 65 dead birds that will be sent to the Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission lab and the National Wildlife Health Center lab in Madison, Wis.

The AGFC has flown over the area to gauge the scope of the event. There were no other birds found outside of the initial area.

www.todaysthv.com...
edit on 1-1-2011 by gateway30 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2011 by gateway30 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jan 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: external quote tags

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.
edit on Sun Jan 2 2011 by Jbird because: Added ex tags

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Bet it turns out that the game and fish commission poisoned some starlings.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
reply to post by gateway30

post removed by staff

Mother Earth?

I've heard of this somewhere else too. A few years ago, I think in Australia, not sure though.
edit on Sun Jan 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

the way they have described the birds injuries,could it be possible that they ran into a cloaked ufo?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

says in a one mile radius, hmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by rangersdad

post removed by staff

Mother Earth?

I've heard of this somewhere else too. A few years ago, I think in Australia, not sure though.

Me too back in 2010 sometime except that i think i heard a story of it in the UK. I could be wrong about the location, but i've definatly heard a similar occurance recently.
edit on Sun Jan 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It happened in New Jersey. The fish and game commission had poisoned starlings.
cept they lost several thousand. Starlings are a huge problem. They are invasive in the North American ecosystem. Indigenous to Europe. Overly competitive over here.
They don't like them. At all.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
this happened too in Texas about a year ago. and in DC too. I think 3600 died in DC and around 1500 in texas.
there were a few threads here on it.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Why would they give toxins to birds that would fall to the ground - other animals would feed on them and be poisoned as well. I am thinking either poison or stress. Ever notice how your dog or cat reacts when they hear unfamiliar noises, they get stressed and will flee if you are not close by for protection. And the thought of poisoning just boggles my mind, but certainly possible.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Test results usually were inconclusive, but the birds showed physical trauma and that the flock could have been hit by lightning or high-altitude hail

There is a big difference between the damage done by lighting and the damage by hail. Something stinks with the investigation. My first though was a directed energy weapon, Poison is a possibility but does not quite fit if they all feel out of the sky within a mile of each other, would expect them to drop off over a larger area as different birds eat different quantities with different metabolisms. As for a large invisible UFO, really need to see the injuries. By mentioning lighting it does point to some form of energy involved.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This happened about 40 miles from where the earthquakes are happening in Guy, Arkansas...hmmmmm??

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
A shock wave of some sort maybee ?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Very odd - more birds than before, the previous thread was here
Previous Thread
No real answer on it from anyone...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
talk about twilight zonish, unless of course this were to happen over a tent city(lol!?)

The people asked, and he brought quails, and satisfied them with the bread of heaven.-Psalm105

He rained flesh also upon them as dust, and feathered fowls like as the sand of the sea-Psalm78

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Royal Meteorological Society is now gathering detailed information for the days and locations where the asperatus clouds have been seen in an attempt to understand exactly what is causing them. info-wars.org...

edit on 2-1-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

interesting.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
We are seriously screwed.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This story reminds of that show on NBC I believe called Flash Forward, where when they first tested the weapon, a large amount of birds fell from the sky (crows or black birds), and that's how they were able to further their investigation.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
How come nobody has mentioned HAARP? Or maybe a mobile phone tower was inadvertantly cranked up to death? There are 4 settings on a mobile phone mast: No signal, Cracking up, good signal with brain tumor, and the highest setting is where everything dies in a 1 mile radius.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join