It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible EVP recording. Need help deciphering.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't normally post in this forum, but this recording happened very unexpectedly and I know this is the forum that could help me the most.

I am most often found in the fragile earth forum, dealing with seismic/earthquake 'stuff'.
I recently started a thread regarding some rumbling sounds I have been hearing, and during this process have been trying to record the rumbling. The last recording I made was yesterday afternoon. I was standing perfectly still, breathing shallow, all alone at the end of a dead end country road. I used a high def video recorder which has very sensitive audio on it. I was attempting to record some rumbling off in the distance, but figured I would have to throw this particular clip becuase at the end you can hear a distant siren and some gun shots drown out everything else.

I was very suprised to hear, at the begining what sounds like some wierd talking and then some very odd clicking noises. IT IS NOT ME. I was standing perfectly still, not making ANY noise and there wasnt anyone else whithin a mile of me. I have NO idea what this is.

I have asked some other ATS members to help me isolate the sounds, and I will post any enhanced sound bites I get. Meanwhile, here is the youtube link to the raw video. It is best in high def, audio all the way up with earphones if you have them. The talking starts at about 2 or 3 seconds, the clicking around 6 seconds. You hear a distant siren right after.

Now, I have watched paranormal shows for a long time, so I know what an EVP is, and that is what this reminds me of...but I can't tell what is being said. Thoughts? Suggestions? Am I crazy??

edit on 1-1-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Had a quick listen, I could hear something, not sure what though. When video's get uploaded to youtube, the video / audio quality drops. Do you still have the original video or possibly just a rip of the audio from the original source? If I can get a hold of the original audio in mp3 or FLAC (if the original source supports of course) I could run it through Audacity and Audition and possibly filter the anomaly I'm hearing

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ethyrial Symphony

I have it uploaded on my pc from flipshare. I don't know how to change it to an audio clip. Is there a way to send the flipware file to you? I can't seem to upload it here on ATS. I have tried.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

is that an electric fence? if so could it be the cause of the clicking?
ill keep listening as i love trying to figure out what is said in evp's.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Thanks for the response. No, it isn't an electric fence. Just barbed wire....no animals in the field near me. There is a river behind me...although it is very low right now so you can't hear it,but I kow that water is suposed to increase the chance for stuff like this.

Let me know if you figure anything out!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

this is truly bizzar, id like to hear more recordings from that particular posistion.

In my opinnion i dont hear this as the usal "ghosts" from evp's, but i definatly think you have tapped into some frquency.
id love to hear what a sound / recording expert would have to say about this.

truly amazing

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Thanks again....I have absolutely no idea what it is. Like I explained in the op, I was trying to record some distant rumbling noises that I think may be geological in nature.

Not sure what anomally I caught...perhaps just some sort of wierd intererence. I'll post any 'cleaned-up' versions. I'll also do some more recordings from that area, ya never know!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Did a little cleanup on this noise

After listening to the entire clip a few times, I cant say I hear any talking. I dont have the best hearing in the world though.

Also notable is another couple clicks at 18sec on the video. Didnt take the time to do anything with the second set though.

Odd noises. Could be anything.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

Wow, you did a GREAT job cleaning it up. It almost sounds like a dove or something.

Can you do that with the few seconds before it? Where it sounds like there might be some talking?

Thanks-

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I do have good ears, and hear something after the siren.

But----being day time, and open area, it could very well be a loudspeaker (siren obvious--maybe police or fire at scene, school, or sporting event) in the far distance.

Try it again----just audio, at night, and on a solid surface----not in the hand.

E.V.P.'s are cool, but remember to eliminate the probable causes first.

And first sounds are very likely bird call.

new topics

top topics

join