It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in Aliens Mirrors Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
radiant energy, I mean electromagnetic: light, microwave, x-ray, short wave radio, etc. into alpha radiation. Beams that can propogate through a vacuum.

Many stars give off radiant (radio) energy. Jupiter is actually a proto-star, one that didn't have enough mass to propogate fusion. It gives out an incredible amount of radio noise, second only to the sun.

Obviously, if ESP or telepathy were possible, it would be the preferred mode of communication, because it ought to be instantaneous, and could transmit info without the incredible time-lag of physical communication.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The blueish lights projected on to the forest by the crafts...paralysis beams perhaps?

Not unless they were paralyzing Kodiak bears for the fun of it...or river salmon, hehe... I played in that forest all the time (Kodiaks really don't bother you as long as you don't bother them, most of the time)...and nobody lived there. It was more like spotlights, as if they were looking for something. I realize that's pure conjecture, but I can't think of anything of interest there. I should also stress that they were "like" searchlights, but they were more "beamlike" than a light...they were less diffused, and more coherent than say a searchlight....

When I first saw the movie ET, in the opening scene (a few years later of course), it kind of made the sighting rush back...(lights in the forest, etc.) Maybe they were just alien botanists?
The only other theory I have isn't a pleasant one... That they were beaming up kids, doing something with them, then putting them back, and that the searchlights/tractor beams, etc. were looking for kids who ran...to put them back, as a bunch of disappearing kids wouldn't have looked very good. I don't remember seeing any kids running into the woods, but then again, my eyes were pretty much on the sky the whole time...

[edit on 9-7-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Most people aren't aware of history's most dramatic moment -3,200 years ago at the dawn of the bronze age. An entire nation of people near Egypt witnessed an alien presence amid a fury of flame and thunder.

This single event is unquestioned by either science or religion. Here are the links to the details - read both:

onealclan0.tripod.com...

onealclan0.tripod.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
3200 years ago, we thought thunder was the Gods getting angry, so yeah, it's no wonder there hasn't been much of an inquiry, hehe...
There really isn't much to go on with ancient encounter tales....

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hi Dr. Strangecraft,

Thank you for explaining your definition of "radiant energy."

I agree that it would be wonderful if consistent and stable telepathic ability were achievable between physical beings as it is in the Spirit between discarnates.

Perhaps sometime you can elaborate on your definition of "supernatural energy."

Maybe it is similar to mine.

Hi Gazrok,

I haven't found any evidence in my research that the aliens have beam or phase technology, or that they can "walk through walls" for that matter. This is of course fortunate for the bright lights in this forum who have posted substantial "hits" in accurately explaining them, their motives, and their technology. Because if they had teleportation capability at their disposal, a number of us would now be TOAST.

However, since you described the blueish lights more as beams than searchlights (thank you for elaborating on that by the way), I am inclined to believe that they were after a living being of some kind in the forest. Paralysis following a blue beam or a white floodlight is a common alien abduction scenario.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I should clarify that by "beaming" I meant projecting a wave of null gravity, and levitating beings up to the ship, so they don't have to land... This WOULD be consistent with sightings research...though I should stress that I did not witness such levitation, I am only speculating...in hindsight. As I mentioned, it did "seem" as if they were searching for something....so your idea could be right on the money... I didn't think of it much then, as I was more entranced by the big ship, and the sheer fact of many of the smaller ones...

I too do not believe that they have teleport technology, phasing, etc. at least not in the majority of accounts I've looked into...

[edit on 9-7-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Gazrok,

I like how you think.

I am aware of those particular energy projections.

However, their anti-gravity beams are not blue or white in color.

But GREEN.

Accounts by helicopter pilots and other pilots attest to that particular beam and that it wreaks havoc with onboard instrumentation.

This forum reads like a Central Intelligence Agency briefing at times.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
my take on religion is :-

angels are humanoids capable of flight , they have bright lights around their heads , they have wings , play music with harps
this is all symbolic - if you didnt know what a mechanical flying object was and the only thing you knew that could fly was birds you would draw a symbol of wings on them to show they could fly - the halo is a bright light above them - which could symbolise a ufo light and the harp they play could symbolise a strange noise eminating from whatever they come from

to me - angels are just past symbolic images of aliens , i believe if there is a god then he is just a technically supporior race (in old times that are very supersticious then we would have classed someone with the power of instant fire , loud noises and flight as god)

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ok, here's a thought. If alien existence is for real, and they are as power hungry as I have heard they are, what is to keep them from forcing us to worship them as we worship other diety's when they make thier debut? (if they make thier debut I should say). They could very easily say that they are our creators and thus deserve our praise and adorration. Forced worship was very common in the past, and I'm sure they know that they could get away with it if they have the power over minds as some speculate. Now, of course this is all assuming that; one, they are real; and two, they have evil intentions to us.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Ok, here's a thought. If alien existence is for real, and they are as power hungry as I have heard they are, what is to keep them from forcing us to worship them as we worship other diety's when they make thier debut? (if they make thier debut I should say). They could very easily say that they are our creators and thus deserve our praise and adorration. Forced worship was very common in the past, and I'm sure they know that they could get away with it if they have the power over minds as some speculate. Now, of course this is all assuming that; one, they are real; and two, they have evil intentions to us.

I'm going to speculate by assuming the aliens really exist and have been around for a while. If they wanted to assume control over us and our planet, one would have to wonder; why have they yet not done so?

My guess is that it wouldn't be so easy as for the aliens to simply present themselves as Gods. If they did, I don't think the most probable reaction from the majority of humans would be to instantly give up and be submissive. And even though our manner of defense may be crude compared to their superiour technology, they may fear that we would be able to take at least some of them with us in the event of a confrontation.

About the speculations of their power-of-the-mind, I doubt this is a power the aliens really possess. Looking at abduction cases, it seems that more points to the use of tools (light beams, rods etc) to induce a hallucinogetic state and/or paralysis.

Now, if the aliens are indeed planning to somehow take over, my guess is it will be done so in a more careful manner; not through an outright war against us. There's simply no reason why they would take any unnecessary risks of getting hurt or killed themselves.

These are of course speculations, based upon speculations, based upon speculations.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by Durden]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Come on now, aren't you just speculating, Durden?

I agree that if there is alien existence that they would opt for a more smoother transition into our scociety than to force themselves on us. But, I think that it would mean taking a very long time once initial contact has been officially made. They'd probably have to have an ambassador team meet with us on a regular basis for probably a year, maybe more. Then, after massive amts of information has been exchanged between us and them, they would start introducing more of them, and thier technology to us until a full assimilation into our society was complete. And of course, everything about the way we live and are governed would have changed by then also.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Come on now, aren't you just speculating, Durden?

Speculating?! What are you talking about? I'm presenting nothing but undeniable and solid facts.

Anyhow, it sure is an interesting subject to speculate on and it seems we agree on this one

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
To answer the Jedi question...yes, it is an "official" religion, made so by voting

You are refering to australia no?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I keep drawing the comparisons in the belief in aliens to religion.

Sagan in 'Demon Haunted World' actually goes into many f these comparisions. Succubi compared to nitghtly visitations from aliens. Sleep paralysis and levitation. Abductions and sightings he goes into some detail on. Without quoting, he presented cases where people in the dark ages and whatnot would come upon the virgin mary or a saint. Strangely enough, they were dimunitive. They would tell them some secret, or have them do something. The people invovled felt it was a profound experience. They behaved similarly to abductees and people who have had close contact. Its a terribly good read on various paranormal subjects and particularly this one.

here is an page with some excerps:
www.nous.org.uk...

and here is an intersting article concerning these types of phenomenons by him
www.2think.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Why do we say "believing" in aliens?! You can believe in God. But after all those videos and pictures, there is nothing to believe in. If a photo is credible, then it is true. That's all.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
Why do we say "believing" in aliens?! You can believe in God. But after all those videos and pictures, there is nothing to believe in. If a photo is credible, then it is true. That's all.

If you have credible videos or pictures of aliens - by all means show them.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
If I show you a picture or video, that is not credible because I am not a worker of the government or the secret service.

Still, it is very funny to me, that people are so sceptic, that they think, only humans are the civilisation of intelligent lifeform. We are not gods, only some kind of primitive beings with a past of 5000 years. It is time to think that over, just imagine a civilization with 100million years behind them.

Yes, we think they don't exist, because humans are the only ones in the entire Universe, with such a great intelligence, that no other alien lifeform could cope with...

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   

If I show you a picture or video, that is not credible because I am not a worker of the government or the secret service.

Still, it is very funny to me, that people are so sceptic, that they think, only humans are the civilisation of intelligent lifeform. We are not gods, only some kind of primitive beings with a past of 5000 years. It is time to think that over, just imagine a civilization with 100million years behind them.

Yes, we think they don't exist, because humans are the only ones in the entire Universe, with such a great intelligence, that no other alien lifeform could cope with...

I think you're missing the point of this thread, so I'll run it by you real quick. Most of us haven't seen or experienced anything that could be considered undeniable evidence of the existance of ETs. This means that we are left with testimonies from individuals who have. Hence a situation where we have to go with our gut on whether we choose to believe or not. Much like how religion works.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

I think you're missing the point of this thread, so I'll run it by you real quick. Most of us haven't seen or experienced anything that could be considered undeniable evidence of the existance of ETs. This means that we are left with testimonies from individuals who have. Hence a situation where we have to go with our gut on whether we choose to believe or not. Much like how religion works.

Excellent breakdown Durden!

Istvan, you made the comment that unlike the alien phenomenon, religion has no hardcore evidence to back itself up. Like pictures, or videos, or first hand testimonies. I gotta say that you're wrong there. Well, at least you're wrong to assume that there isn't the same type of picture and video evidence as the ones that prove alien existence. I have personally seen pictures and video of excorcisms, miraculous healings, heard testimonies of visitations of godlike images and angels. Now how can you say that these are not valid points of evidence of religion when the same type of things are used to prove alien existence. You can't because they are basically doing the same thing. This is why I posted the title "Belief in Aliens Mirrors Religion". The faith one has in God is similiar to the faith one has in alien existence.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Yes, and don't forget that the same type of pictures "prove" that people have ever been on the Moon, on board a space shuttle, beneath the Ocean or high at the atmosphere. How do you know that it is all real? Have you ever been on the Moon? All those videos and photos could be lying, and at your viewpoint, someone has to travel to the Moon, and check out those footprints in order to say that it really happened. Am I right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join