It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual stumbling blocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
On this spiritual journey, have any of you stumbled so much, that you're beginning to believe that you will not survive your spiritual rebirth? Maybe at first you felt you were one of the many chosen, but now you're feeling like you're going to be one of the fallen?

The up's get high, but the downs get really low. Sometimes I feel that I must go into a cave, to protect me against myself or to keep from lashing out at others. Duality I know, but it can be very difficult on the road to forgiveness and pursuit of physical/emotional freedom. And the challenges keep coming at me, most likely a karmic loop that I am trying to dismiss from my life.

Care to share your thoughts?

As a little background on my spiritual experiences, I have experienced higher self, spirit guides, matrix, angelic beings, light beings and Akashic as well as the deciet that conjurs in the realm of our quantum reality. Even so, the road is a very difficult one , sometimes it appears darn near impossible...
edit on 1-1-2011 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I agree with you on this one. I just try to remember to keep meditating and realize that the mind creates stories about spiritual progress that aren't necessarily true. I think sometimes we can believe that we are falling behind, but really we are creating the circumstances for growth. Let the process unfold in a natural way

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
On this spiritual journey, have any of you stumbled so much, that you're beginning to believe that you will not survive your spiritual rebirth? Maybe at first you felt you were one of the chosen, but now you're feeling like you're going to be one of the fallen?

The up's get high, but the downs get really low. Sometimes I feel that I must go onto a cave to protect me against myself. Duality I know, but it can be very difficult on the road to forgiveness and pursuit of physical/emotional freedom.

Care to share your though?

As a little background on my spiritual experiences, I have experienced higher self, spirit guides, matrix, angelic beings, light beings and Akashic as well as the deciet that conjurs in the realm of our quantum reality. Even so, the road is a very difficult one , sometimes it appears darn near impossible...

With all of your experience you still believe that one person could be more special then another human being?

Let me make this very clear to you - No one will be left behind - "The Fallen" Is a man made concept.

Some of us have remembered sooner then others.

Humanity is perfect in its wholeness of chosen experiences which means yes even the rapist and pedophiles are moving on the road of spiritual ascension because they are more then that single experience. They could have been incredible lightworkers in the past or it is very likely the children they abuse were pedophiles in a previous experience.

We have developed this idea of required punishment when an understanding is not shared amongst the tribe. The idea that if we punish them to the correct severity they might comprehend the absolute truths society deems important.

When we find it difficult to walk the middle road it is because we have given into the lesser attractions of the ego mind and negative energies. Through a practice in mindfulness, surrender and observation you can see your "stuff" as it reaches up from the depths of your human experience to haunt you into a representation of itself.

You simply have to observe, and begin to separate what is truly your voice in the clamor of shouts from within your mind.

The final hurdles in our development are often the Mystical ego's that arise from our remembering the path.

"Im more spiritual then YOU are. Im going to Ascend and you are NOT"

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Your words ring true within me. I am indeed still in a healing process. My latest experiences make that very clear to me. Sometimes I can feel evil boiling in me for no justifyable reason. This is such a lonely experience despite the help that is all around me and within me. At times I punish myself, drifting into depression and tugging with cause and affect. I am much to strict with myself at times and punish myself very harshly with just the slightest infraction against my spirit. My spirit is already Perfect, but my brain isnt. .....at times.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
Sometimes I can feel evil boiling in me for no justifyable reason. This is such a lonely experience despite the help that is all around me and within me. At times I punish myself, drifting into depression and tugging with cause and affect. I am much to strict with myself at times and punish myself very harshly with just the slightest infraction against my spirit. My spirit is already Perfect, but my brain isnt. .....at times.

Aw, don't beat yourself up mate! Only love can strengthen and ready you to meet and conquer the heart of darkness in your own mind, so love yourself, be kind to you and grow strong enough to bannish fear.

Spiritual stumbling blocks could be linked to 'sin', ie actions and attitudes that are detrimental to the wellbeing of all, including yourself! Why punish yourself? Why not just remove the cause of your infraction?

Every individual is precious beyond measure and no individual is more precious than another. And yeah, the road is lonesome.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

I did yoga for many years. Sometimes I would not be able to stretch as far as I did in my last session or two. I just continued and found that afterwards I could stretch a bit further than I ever could. Life is like that. We just need to keep going and be open to ways of improving our spiritual discipline.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I feel the same way pretty often lately. I want to make good with this place, I want to make peace with this world and this situation. I feel like if I can't be happy here then I can't be happy anywhere. Sure there are "better places" but will they feel as real as life on Earth, will my future feel as meaningful as these moments right now? My regrets will be that I wasn't happy back when I was living this way, sort of on the low end. I want to go out and share love, to put it simply. The truth of this world it seems, is that people do not need love as much as they need security (esteem/egoic) and validation. So here I am trying to give my friends and loved ones something they don't want or need, they just want to feel more secure in their "place," that's what happiness is to them...

I don't suffer like I used to. Don't think I could if I tried. I want to be a good example for others who might be feeling down because samsara got the better of them, or those who may be looking for more. It just falls on blind eyes and deaf ears so often. The world has been this way forever, it serves a purpose. Who are we to liberate those who are riding through life as if with Zen mastery, like they are expert surfers. They triumph and they fall, and they are more alive than any of us.

And I know how easy it is to be happy. I just feel like going back to that place means I turn my back on the world, it means I can no longer tell anyone "I know how you feel." And that just sucks!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Many climb the highest mountains, only to find nothing on the top.
It is not about experience, nor can consciousness itself transcend.
We are that consciousness, and what we are conscious of, which is old because it is the known.
To transcend consciousness one must throw it overboard, not try expand it.
By doing that, (which means dying) we are born anew, and that is the real rebirth or incarnation.
To do that, the ground within must be fruitfull, otherwise there can be no flowering of goodness.

new topics

top topics

join