It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who don't dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
hi,

i found out yesterday that my mate at work dosent dream at all !!!

he said to me he carnt remember the last time he had a dream
probly when he was 5

he is now 38

is he bull#ting me?

is this even possible?

i remember at least 1 a night.
i then asked evry one at work (27 of them) if they dream
and they remember at least 3 a week

i heard that if u dont dream u go crazy

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I read that you have at least 8 dreams at night and everyone dreams.

I have trouble remembering my dreams too, I remember one and only one maybe every 2 weeks.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Everybody dreams he just doesn't remember any of them. Sometimes I don't remember anything I dreamt during the night and it seems like I didn't dream at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
thanx for imput
i know that we all dream multiple times a night

but would u call it an illness or condition to not remember any of them for 30 odd years???

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
everyone dreams, some times you dont remember it. when i sleep some times ill blink and then its 2 or 3 hours later. so i know ive slept but dont remember dreaming. sometimes ill 8 dreams where one will turn into another one. freaky

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gm0n3y
Everybody dreams he just doesn't remember any of them. Sometimes I don't remember anything I dreamt during the night and it seems like I didn't dream at all.

Yep, the subconscious mind comes alive completely while yer "sleeping"

Sometimes my dreams merge, sometimes I wake up then roll over and start a new dream.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
most people dont remember their dreams because they wake up wrong. Tell him, to lay still when he wakes up, and not move. And to keep a pad of paper and a pen near him so he can write down his dreams if he remembered them. If you wake up and move around, that makes you forget em.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
thanks ashly, thats a good idea for him

(i also keep a dream journal)

however i dont really like this guy, so i wont tell him

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
sometimes i have weird dreams like this one time i had a dream that i died but i was still living in my house with my family and that i could see them but they could not see me and that really made me sad but it also worried me alot because someone told me once that if you have that kind of dreams it ussually means that someboby in your family or someone you know will pass away and in my family that i know theirs no one that is sick or anything like that but i have family in Canada and i have a very sick relative and i worry that i she might die and that i may never see them again. i always have weird dreams and i get frustated because i dont know what they means and if they are some kind of a warning. sometimes i wish i was a wish so that i could know when something good or something bad might happend. i know that that's not possible so i just hope for the best. hopefully neither me or any of my family or relatives are in any harm. i think that when i grow up i will study more about the subject to better understand. well i have to go now so hopefully i can come back and read more about this.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I rarely dream but when I do have one it seems like it's a premonition,and so far I've been right,but rare for me to remember a dream

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
i havent had a dream for a long long time probabt not scince iw as a kid and when i go to sleep all i get is black anothing else anyone care to explain that ?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I almost always remember my dreams and if I am correct than it is a choice whether you remember them or not.
Just a while ago I asked someone, who told me that he never dreams, if he wants to remember his dreams. His reply was that he didn't care.

Anyone who wants to remember his/her dreams, here is some advice:

1. Tell yourself that you are going to remember your dreams. You may do that quite a few times during the day or whenever you check the time.

2. If you are working in an office, use a little scrap paper and write on it: I always remember my dreams and stick it onto your computer screen.

3. Use a freeware software such as subliminal blaster and have a positive affirmation flashed on your computer screen.

Be positive. There are many ways to remember your dreams. Just get in touch with yourself.

Greetings.

ps: beer may taste delicious, but it stultifies your mind.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWriter
1. Tell yourself that you are going to remember your dreams. You may do that quite a few times during the day or whenever you check the time.

Eeek, I made a mistake and can't edit my posting anymore.

Or maybe it's not really a mistake. Don't tell yourself that you are "going to" remember your dreams. Keep in in the "present tense", e.g. "I remember my dreams." Why? I think it works better and I have often read in books that you should keep it in the present tense. But just because something is written in a book doesn't mean that it is also true. Nonetheless, it won't hurt to put it into the present tense.

No matter matter what you say, I almost always remember my dreams. It doesn't matter if I use future tense or present tense.

This reminds me somehow of religion. It is all a matter of belief.

Greetings

[edit on 10-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrentReznor

everyone dreams but remembering them is something else. the ability to remember dreams comes with the activation of the 4th strand of your DNA. Contrary to popular belief dreams are things that are actually happening or memories from your other selves (ie past lives, no such thing as past life b/c time is simultaneous it is actually your other selves all incarnate at once but anyway i won't go there)

point is the ability to retain the memory of you dreams is all about wether or not you have any of you 4th strand activated.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Heck I say I don't dream too. I know I do, it is just I don't remember them like I used to.

Even my spider dreams where I wake up kicking my wife have stopped.

I used to dream all the time, I would remember them. It is not much fun to sleep anymore. I hardly ever wake up remembering that I had a weird dream or remembering I forgot what I dreamed about.

Now TheWriter said "This reminds me somehow of religion. It is all a matter of belief." Now that I am thinking about it, when I stopped religion and felt like I was coming out of a brainwashed fog, I think that is about when I stopped remember most of my dreams.......interesting...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
My brother never remembers his dreams and used to say he didn't dream, till I recorded what he was saying in his sleep. He still doesn't remember dreams, but I can still hear him talking in his sleep from time to time, once he was trying to buy a rabbit but he said it was too expensive

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This guy must be blessed...

strange for you?

one dream of mines.. would be enough for the whole life of others *kidding*

but i mean this really.. this guy must be blessed. He has no idea what he dreams? Sounds wonderfull. He stands with both feets at the earth. He dont know anything of the world out there. Of other dimensions, of hurt which cames out of dreams, etc...

really, sounds wonderfull

I would have a nice, normal life without my dreams, but i cant change it. This guy could change (if he wants too), i cant...

Nia

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JediMaster

i cant remember the last time i dreamed either but i did hear that every 1 dreams # and its actualy at least 12 dreams a nite every nite

top topics

join