It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was This an Abduction?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have a memory that keeps surfacing and re-surfacing lately. It's real - just not sure how to understand it. …Looking for help.

Here it is:

I had been really, really sick for weeks, somewhere between 23-28 years ago, then one day I experienced the sensation of being "taken" somewhere - I felt "in my body" and in control, conscious and aware. I could see, but the visuals were mostly clouded and vague. I could hear 'people' talking to me but couldn't really see them. They had a message for me - with an "offer."

I can't remember the details, but do recall the gist of our conversation and what happened afterwards.

They told me:
* I could come with them, if I chose freely to do so;
* I would die if stayed on earth (I thought they were saying the world was going to end);
* I would live for a very long time (perhaps forever?) in their world; but
* Their world was very different, (maybe?) without sensory organs or experience, and there would be no (other?) humans there.

I understood them to say I was worth saving, but they were giving up on the earth and most of humanity, like they were planning to "pull out" and "cut their losses."

For most our long conversation, I defended humanity, and tried to convince them that the earth and humans were worthy, and worth saving. …The idea of "goodness" was a main topic: they seemed to think most people were not inherently "good"; I argued that they were. I also think I remember us focusing on the idea of a "sensory" life, and me defending the importance of the sensory life experience.

I remember some feelings of mistrust on my part, some scepticism about their real motives and as well, the sneaky suspicion I was being tested in some way. In the end though, I took them at face value, and as real and truthful. I made my decision NOT to accept their offer on the basis of my loyalty to humanity as a whole, and to the earth as my home planet.

They did try to convince me to come with them, but I don't think they tried to manipulate me. They just laid out their 'facts' so I could make a fully informed decision. When they saw I was firmly decided, they backed off.

We finished talking, and they said they were going to give me a gift before they sent me back. They explained it wouldn't be permanent if I went back to earth, but said it would last for a while.

I then clearly saw a shiny stainless steel table like an operating table. And that's the last thing I remember until I was sliding down, fast, inside a kind of rainbow tube-slide without material substance, on the most exhilarating, joyful, astounding ride of my life. The slide twisted, turned and looped; the colors were amazing; it seemed to go on forever; and then I was home, awake and remembering my experience.

At first, I just assumed it was a me-the-hero fantasy, generated as a "coping mechanism" for stress. The experience felt real, during and after - but I couldn't accept that it was real.

Then I realized I felt healthy for the first time in weeks - incredibly healthy in fact, healthier than I had since childhood. I was invigorated, energetic, alert, vigorous, strong, vibrant, vital, full of zest and downright bouncy.

So I looked for other explanations: out-of-body experience; actual teleportation; delerious hallucination and even, evidence of schizophrenia. Ultimately, I was afraid that thinking it was a real experience would mean I was crazy, so I didn't really go there - didn't dwell on it and just got on with my life.

I stayed quite healthy for a few years, and the memory lingered as a kind of curiosity, brought to consciousness every so often by some new experience or exposure.

* About 6-7 years after this 'event,' I was diagnosed with an incurable chronic disease that can be life-threatening. I was treated with an angioplasty, and told by medical professionals that the disease was incurable and would recur.

… My own research tells me this disease is results from latent infection (involving viruses and prions), and is reactivated by now-common contaminants in our world - many unavoidable. So yes, staying on earth does mean I always will be sick, sometimes more and other times less so.

For obvious reasons, I told very few people about this experience. Then yesterday, I read stirling's thread and listened to one of Wilbur B. Smith's radio shows from the 1950's, called Philosophy of the Saucer People.

Now, I can't get this memory out of my head and virtually everything I read here is bringing it up.

What say you ATS? Was it a fantasy or an "abduction"? What could it mean?

…and why is this memory suddenly so present and clear?
Simple suggestibility? Or something else?

edit on 1/1/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Sometimes in sickness the line between consciousness and dream becomes blurred, making it hard to discern what exactly is happening. In any case, if you are right you chose to return to Earth and accepted your fate (thanks for the loyalty), it would be better to not worry about it and concentrate on what you can do here and now.

Had it happened to me I would have probably selfishly went with them.
edit on 1-1-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I never believe this stuff really look over my other post...but I believe you. Its sound cool. But I believe we all have souls so if they could take you to a different planet to possibly life for ever as a solid entity, you would never go back to the spiritual world. That's not cool.

Oh I had a ned that's why I believe in spirits.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
nope

you're just crazy.

sorry

good luck!!

and happy new year!!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Thanks for your response RSF77.

...it would be better to not worry about it and concentrate on what you can do here and now.

I'm not worried, just thinkin'. ...but I have to ask the question, "Why do so many people assume that thinking about something is synonymous with "worrying" about it?"

Thanks, sofi

PS. No, I am NOT having second thoughts. Well, maybe a few, but I wouldn't change my decision.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Why come here to say its not real, why not add something new like your thoughts if it were possible.The OP want input not some nobody derailing the thread because he thinks he's seen everything and knows all.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 1IN7MILLION

I never believe this stuff really look over my other post...but I believe you.

Thanks 1IN7MILLION. It IS true - it really did happen the way I said it did.

But WHAT happened? …and what does it MEAN?

reply to post by vermonster

nope

you're just crazy.

I beg to differ.

Seriously though - the experience was real - I already admitted it could have been a coping fantasy, hallucination, or an out-of-body experience. I am reviewing the options for interpretation, and asking for help in understanding what happened.

That's not crazy.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Okay, I'm sorry for assuming that. Personally if it had happened to me I can see being worried about it, so that's where that came from.

I have never had to look deeply into my own conscious to find a truth like that though, but I can understand the process. Who knows, I may have been abducted before and just don't realize it. It seems that your experience turned out much more favorably to your basic human rights than some of the things that many people claim, that is one thing that you should be happy about at least. Nowadays I expect us all to die any day now, every day that I wake up is just another good ol' time I get to spend as an intelligent monkey on Earth, but if it happened I would be one of the people that wouldn't be surprised by it. So I guess you could say that I am biased towards pretty much everything that could happen, I've heard a lot of things and it's all interesting, but in the end I just don't know.

Not going to believe you, but I'm not going to ostracize you for it either.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Not going to believe you, but I'm not going to ostracize you for it either.

Thanks (I think).

...I'm not saying it was an abduction - I'm asking if it was. ...I'm considering fantasy/daydream, hallucination etc.

But whatever it was, and whatever it meant, it DID happen the way I said.

edit on 1/1/11 by soficrow because: sp

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The scariest part there would be the only Human part. Couldn`t last long mentally being the only one and what would be the purpose of it? Sounds like a zoo type setting. Come see the Human.

Sounds kind of scary to me not knowing if it was real or a dream. I`d tend myself to think it was a Dream from a Movie I had watched. Where Orbs where here gathering info on if we should be let go on.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Man I wish I didn't believe this stuff because it really changes my view of humanity as a whole, and everything we do and what we call life. Who knows if you were abducted or drank a lot of Robitussin but when you say that they said they give up on humanity, I get chills. If there are inter-dimensional beings around us I just can't see them thinking we're worth a damn.
And funny you say that part about being or doing good. I really got sad the other day because I really don't think that we do any good at all. The phrase "the earth's cancer" makes more sense the more you think about what we do and what is good. And that being the case, I'm so jealous if you really had that opportunity, I probably would have bounced from earth in a heartbeat. We're just raping this planet.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I guess you'll probably never know if it was *real* in a physical way. Jerry Clark would call it an 'anomalous experience' and what's wrong with that? If an imaginary/false memory/hallucinated experience can change a person's life (and they certainly do), is it any less significant than a so-called consensus reality event?

No doubt reassuring yourself that this recollection occurred in a real sense would add to its wonder and appeal? On the other hand, the original effect on your well-being or perceptions on life would not necessarily change. It sounds like a great memory, no matter which explanation you eventually favour.

I recently recalled something that happened in the mid-90s that gave me a similar jolt. As you say, it's possible to consider and think over a memory without a change in blood pressure or outlook on life.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
the "We will leave you a gift" part really kinda gives me some kinda chill or so ? Weird...
Anyways man ya did well though I suggest putting up secret cameras through out house.
Next time something like that happens you have some kinda secret video recording!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Your encounter gave me the chills.Let me tell you my story.

When i was 5 years old,that's 26 years ago,i had an accident (no recollection of it,just what my mom told me),and i stayed in the hospital for 10 days.
During my stay there i saw a "dream" that i was somewhere and from a window i could see earth.A voice from behind me was explaining me things(again i don't remember much).All of a sudden a projection of two giant cartoon like monsters was sitting over earth and the voice explained that "they play with humans the same way you play with your doll".One of the creatures took a person from the planet and told him:"you will start a war" and then another and ordered him:"you go kill".

I don't remember how i got there or how i returned but the next day i started talking about UFOs and aliens to my parents.They went crazy.By that time i wasn't aloud to watch tv and when i did was non violent/non scifi programs,so no idea what aliens and ufos were at that time.

I recovered faster than the doctors expected and i haven't got sick since then,i mean not even flu.

I still call it a dream,coz i don't know what happened.I've seen a lot of dreams like that in the past years.

In your case it could be an abduction.Do you remember what the aliens looked like?Did you have other experience after the event?Although you were sick at the time doesn't mean it was a hallucination.Maybe they used that to convince you to go with them.Or you were a test to see if humans are selfish and not worth paying attention.In any case it's worth discovering what happened.

BTW i was thinking to start a thread with this experience.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for your response Kandinsky. Very thoughtful and wise. ...Don't think I'm looking to confirm that it was "consensus reality event" to "add to its wonder and appeal." ...I tend to avoid UFO and alien talk - have an open mind, but don't like the ...environment. Listening to Smith's tape reminded me that such speculation and evaluation was common a few decades ago - and then the talk changed. Became really fringe. So I started wondering about the validity of my own experience, and also, the importance of being open.

I recently recalled something that happened in the mid-90s that gave me a similar jolt. As you say, it's possible to consider and think over a memory without a change in blood pressure or outlook on life.

Care to share?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

The scariest part there would be the only Human part. Couldn`t last long mentally being the only one and what would be the purpose of it? Sounds like a zoo type setting. Come see the Human.

I don't think so - it was more like giving up the physical and being only ...ethereal. Pure mind.

Sounds kind of scary to me not knowing if it was real or a dream.

Not for me. As Kandinsky pointed out, the effects are the same.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi

Man I wish I didn't believe this stuff because it really changes my view of humanity as a whole, and everything we do and what we call life. ...If there are inter-dimensional beings around us I just can't see them thinking we're worth a damn.

The argument can be made that we are.

And funny you say that part about being or doing good. I really got sad the other day because I really don't think that we do any good at all. The phrase "the earth's cancer" makes more sense the more you think about what we do and what is good.

The bad stuff gets big press, but I think ordinary people really are good - and stand up for what's right when the time comes.

...I'm so jealous if you really had that opportunity, I probably would have bounced from earth in a heartbeat.

You might not have. Think about leaving your friends and family, turning your back on everything - the sun, moon, flowers, the smell of cinnamon, the sound of waves lapping on rocks and sand, the pleasure of being loved.

It's a lot to leave behind.

We're just raping this planet.

True. But we can stop.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by B1993

...the "We will leave you a gift" part really kinda gives me some kinda chill or so ? Weird...
Anyways man ya did well

Thanks B1 - really weird that the "gift" was so real, wasn't it?

reply to post by Phantom traveller

In your case it could be an abduction.Do you remember what the aliens looked like?

Maybe it was. …No, I don't have any idea what they really looked like. At this point I can kind of "get a picture" but the visuals probably come from media stuff I've seen in the intervening years.

Did you have other experience after the event?

Getting healthy was HUGE - understand that I was always "sick" but never had any diagnosis, or help. (Now it's called "flare-ups.")

...I've always felt that someone/thing was guiding and protecting me, before and after that event. Honestly, considering the risks I've taken, I should be dead, raped, murdered and gutted 20 times over - but nothing. Walk through danger with an angel on my shoulder. Can't believe I lived so oblivious.

In any case it's worth discovering what happened.

I think so. If only because most people who have been abducted have had such horrible, negative experiences. …Maybe there's truth to the idea that there are several different alien 'races.'

edit on 1/1/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hey Sofi,

I think this one can be interpreted in many ways, and each would likely be as possible as the next. All throughout history people have had bizarre experiences like this. Often the ones with visions and "encounters" such as this were thought to be great minds, including philosophers, mathematicians, and prophets, it seems. I think it may simply be some sort of coping mechanism that highly imaginative minds experience. There also seems to be a greater propensity to have these types of visions/experiences/OOBE if one has a high level of sensitivity to stimuli, and has become overloaded/stressed to the point of illness. I see a general correlation between people having OE (over-excitabilities) and developing rich-inner worlds.

All of that being said, it still may be possible that we're tapping into latent potentials of humanity. It may be possible our consciousness can exist outside of our physical body, and operate outside this world, solar system, and even galaxy! I honestly can't say for sure. What I can do is share some of my bizarre experiences with you and all viewers in this thread:

My bizarre experiences include self-taught advanced meditative practices in childhood. Deep visualization and dissociation techniques which brought about the OOBE experience on hundreds of occasions from the age 4-about 13. The use of psychoactive compounds to develop even greater inner experiences at will. The majority of dreams being lucid and vivid, including the following: dreams in space, solar, galactic, on other planets, etc.. alien invasion dreams, apocalyptic scenarios', ET interactions, etc...

Basically, I think these kinds of things are common in people who actively train their brain regions used for imaginative/creative functions. I think these experiences lie dormant in most people because they don't have a genetic propensity to easily activate these spots, and training is difficult for them. Other people have low thresholds for these brain regions to become activated, so complex neural networks spring up, and the result may be bizarre, rich inner worlds of fun and wonder.

So basically I'm leaning more towards a gifted mind which teaches itself through the use of these experiences to grow and become more integrated.. Essentially, your subconscious healed something that was affecting you and causing a likely psychic illness (which was below your threshold of awareness) to manifest. The experience itself generated the healing process. First, you healed existentially...it seems. Then your body had the necessary energies available to cure your illness for a period of time. It seems that perhaps something else is burdening you since then, and may be a major factor in why these viruses reactivate and cause you to be unwell.

As a sufferer of a chronic illness, which may be a differing result (based on genetic susceptibilities) of some of the same pathogens released onto humanity, I can tell you without a doubt that if I'm burdened with the state of humanity to a large extent, my physical ailments ramp up rather wildly. I periodically reach existential crisis, and find solace in visionary experiences. It's cyclical with myself. Some years I am more sick, and some am more well. Overall there's a progression towards expanded awareness into myself & the state of the world. I think overall that you're doing very well by remaining an open-minded skeptic, so kudos to you!
edit on 1-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

My my, aren't you the deep one my friend.

I'm leaning more towards a gifted mind which teaches itself through the use of these experiences to grow and become more integrated..

I definitely had purposeful OOBE from maybe 5 or 6 til about 14. Lots of 'daydreaming,' 'invisible' friends, much conversation, guidance and teaching. ...Later lucid dreams, verifiable psychic knowledge, etc.

But this did NOT fit with anything I had experienced previously.

Essentially, your subconscious healed something that was affecting you and causing a likely psychic illness (which was below your threshold of awareness) to manifest. The experience itself generated the healing process. First, you healed existentially...it seems. Then your body had the necessary energies available to cure your illness for a period of time.

Tempting explanation, went with it for a while. Am re-considering.

It seems that perhaps something else is burdening you since then, and may be a major factor in why these viruses reactivate and cause you to be unwell.

Stress kills, no doubt about it. Which is why I've re-structured my life to be relatively stress free. ...no more strokes, TIA's or "heart attacks" - "healthy" within distinct parameters. But if I overstep the boundaries, I pay.

... I can say for sure that certain information, "truths" and recognitions that stress other people do NOT bother me in the same way. ...Almost nothing "upsets" me at this point in my life - it has to be very close to home, immediate and right in my face. And not much is. I can contemplate the end of the world - by any variety of mechanisms - without feeling anger or fear, sadness or loss.

As a sufferer of a chronic illness, which may be a differing result (based on genetic susceptibilities) of some of the same pathogens released onto humanity, I can tell you without a doubt that if I'm burdened with the state of humanity to a large extent, my physical ailments ramp up rather wildly. I periodically reach existential crisis, and find solace in visionary experiences. It's cyclical with myself. Some years I am more sick, and some am more well. Overall there's a progression towards expanded awareness into myself & the state of the world.

Any kind of stress WILL reactivate whatever ails you. But the solution really is quite simple, "If you can't change the reality, change your attitude about it."

...Either that, or spend your life with your head up your butt.

I think overall that you're doing very well by remaining an open-minded skeptic, so kudos to you!

Thanks, and sounds to me like you're having a productive journey too. Kudos back.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join