It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Ain't Mother Nature that's Mad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The title of this article caught my attention, because it's very close to the message I've been asked to deliver to mankind. While many believe, or prefer to believe, that what we are experiencing is our earth going through normal cycles - it's anything but normal.

Bottom line, it ain't Mother Nature that's mad... it's God.

The below is only a very shortened compilation of all that has occurred in just the past year, but I think it helps to get the message across to those who have ears and will listen.

It's not "Mother Nature's Power" that we should be reminded of, but the One who created nature and is nature itself.

Source: www.care2.com...

Is Mother Nature mad at us humans? Are these disasters the result of people not respecting the Earth? Check out seven of the natural events that struck our planet in 2010, and see what you think.

* January: A devastating 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck Haiti on January 12, reducing much of the country to rubble, and leaving more than 300,000 people dead. Residents of Port-au-Prince have yet to rebuild, or even clear the rubble. To add to the country's woes, a cholera epidemic has already claimed over 2,000 lives and continues on its deadly path.

* March: Iceland's Eyjafjalljokull Volcano, dormant for 200 years, erupted in March, ripping a half-mile-long fissure in a field of ice and leaving thousands of passengers stranded in northern Europe, unable to fly due to the volcanic ash. The eruption was about 75 miles east of the capital, Reykjavik. In April, there was another eruption under the ice cap, 10 to 20 times more powerful than the first one, and 500 peoplel were moved away from the area.

* July: Annual monsoons in July started what would become Pakistan's worst flooding in 80 years. The floods affected at least 14 million people and about one-fifth of the country, and the death toll rose to over 1,300. Mudslides and flooding submerged whole villages in the worst floods to hit the region in 80 years.

* August: Wildfires near Moscow overwhelmed Russia’s firefighting services and burned freely through large areas of the heat-seared countryside, claiming at least 52 lives and clouding Moscow in smoke. Overall, more than 800 wildfires were reported. Most were in western and central parts of the country, which experienced its worst heat wave since record-keeping began in the region more than 130 years ago.

* September: Between 10,000 and 20,000 walruses came ashore in northwest Alaska because the sea ice they usually lie on melted. The lumbering marine mammals normally spend their summers resting on the ice as it floats north, making periodic dives to the ocean floor to forage for food. But this year a lack of ice in the eastern Chukchi Sea drove thousands of walruses to congregate on land instead.

* December: Record snowfall in western Europe stranded passengers in airports for days at a time. Thousands of travellers had their Christmas plans disrupted by snowfalls across Western Europe. In the U.K., Heathrow airport closed for several days; hundreds of flights were cancelled at Paris's Charles de Gaulle airport; Brussels airport was badly hit and Belgians were warned not to drive; Germany and Italy reported hundreds of road accidents

* Late December: Australia is currently enduring floods covering an area larger than France and Germany combined. The floods have stranded 200,000 people, and on December 31, military aircraft dropped supplies to towns cut off by the inundation in northeastern Australia as the prime minister promised new assistance to all the people affected by the floods.

edit on 1-1-2011 by ReginaAdonnaAaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
"Honor thy Mother and thy Father". I do not think this was referring to our Parents. We got it wrong!

The Earth is our Mother and she deserves better. The Sky is our Father of which we send our wishes, our prayers, and our dreams. There is a great unbalance.

To the East where the Sun rises.
To the North where the Cold Winds blow.
To the West where the Sun sets.
To the South where All Things grow.

To the Father Sky and the Mother Earth...Forgive us of our Trespasses!

Soon we will be delivered from the Evil that resides in Mankind, if not en-mass then by all means each and every one of us as an individual representative of our own actions. Either or, we were wrong in our approach to life. It is our choice how we receive our Salvation, but the time is short at hand as it is time to accept our paths. We can only pray at this point but do not forget to "Honor Thy Mother", as our actions will translate to our ultimate destination in this existence.

I Love you Mother! I Love you Father! Blessed Thee!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I should also add Yahweh's message to mankind, just so everyone who reads this thread is aware:

"There will be no peace on Earth until My Son's Kingdom. I will crush every kingdom now standing and rock the earth off its foundation. I Yahweh will destroy every enemy to My throne, and who can stop Me? Who can turn back My anger? No one." - Yahweh

Matthew 10:34 "Don't assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is His name."

Yahweh, our God and Creator pours out His wrath upon mankind leading up to Armageddon. It is His will that you all know exactly where it is coming from.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Whenever I see topics like these my eyes invariably roll to the back of my head. Unbelievably, earthquakes, floods, and extreme weather events have been happening for time immemorial and are nothing new. Are they becoming more frequent? Perhaps, perhaps not. I am sure there are readily explicable scientifically-grounded explanations for them all that have nothing to do with a supernatural superintendent in the sky who is punishing us for "abusing" the planet. I think it is important for us to keep in mind that record-keeping of weather and natural phenomena like earthquakes does not stretch back that far, which is why we keep breaking record-temperatures, etc and keep seeing bigger earthquakes. You can-not seriously think this is the wrath of God.
edit on 1-1-2011 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
cut and paste bible quotes to justify whatever theory they are attempting to justify.... and evangelicizing in the process. ugggh.

i am fairly sure the Sword that Matthew was referring to was more on a Social order then an environment one.

i agree with Green Sage. we have disrespected the earth and the sky. there are natural consequences to such actions. that is the age we live in.

no one is Angry... that is anthropomorphisizing the laws of natural consequence.

you poop in the river, the river is polluted. you get sick. etc.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Our lord and master Cthulhu or God as you call him is not angry. This is just a normal cycle in our solar system. The sun goes through cycles and everything around it is affected.

On another note i think it’s sad that people put some much stock in blind faith. Just live your life to the best of your ability and be the best person you can be. And you can die happy knowing that you mattered. Pass on your genetics to your children so they can carry on your legacy. That’s what life is about not blind worship.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The land, law and culture all gradually work towards one thing, sustainability. This is demonstrated by the relationships the indigenous cultures had formed over many thousands of years. There has been much change and growth recently with many routes taken on unsustainable paths. Humans as a culture, guided by it's laws living on this land must understand the true long term power of sustainability. The Earth will return to this balance with or without our help. Anything designed not to last, won't last.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
I should also add Yahweh's message to mankind, just so everyone who reads this thread is aware:

"There will be no peace on Earth until My Son's Kingdom. I will crush every kingdom now standing and rock the earth off its foundation. I Yahweh will destroy every enemy to My throne, and who can stop Me? Who can turn back My anger? No one." - Yahweh

Matthew 10:34 "Don't assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is His name."

Yahweh, our God and Creator pours out His wrath upon mankind leading up to Armageddon. It is His will that you all know exactly where it is coming from.

Why's this guy so mad? Is it the gays? Did he lose his kitten? Maybe he heard about Stargate Universe's cancellation.

I know, somebody stepped on his Jordans, in the hood that'll get you killed.

"Anger, wrath, crush, destroy, no peace, sword." Really, well, this fictitious asshole that you're worshiping sounds a lot like the villain, doesn't he? Maybe you're on the wrong side?

Hail Satan!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't really think that Mother Nature, God, Cthulhu, Jesus, Buddha, or whoever is mad at us. I think that all this is simple natural processes. As for the walruses, well, I'm not one to immediately scream "global warming", but *something* is most assuredly melting the Arctic.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I read this and I immediately think "adaptation" rather than "devastation." I think the message given here is that the "sword" cannot be accurately interpreted without seeing the bigger picture, which is ever changing, so assumptions are futile. God's wrath could take on any form, depending on what needs to be done.
edit on 1-1-2011 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
you poop in the river, the river is polluted. you get sick. etc.

Number 1 : Thank you for putting my thoughts into words
and
Number 2: Would you mid if I used your quote as my new signature

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It's not "Mother Nature's Power" that we should be reminded of, but the One who created nature and is nature itself.

it ain't Mother Nature that's mad... it's God.

~and~

The title of this article caught my attention, because it's very close to the message I've been asked to deliver ...

that's what you say...

the 'creator' only created man, 'Adamic Man' at that... your creator only instilled language into the Adamic Man and gave him & her the capacity to organize the 'Natural world' in which they found themselves...and only by the process of naming and organization was the Natural World around them considered to be 'created'....
Mother Nature, in all its levels, is the creator... and the masculine Godhead can only do the art that Witches do--and manipulate the forces of Nature to their will.... AKA Magic

Oh Uh.... 'The Message' you've been asked to deliver... WELL
that makes you a Prophet, in the classic sense...
i'm glad your comfortable with yourself... but as far a you having a mission from your 'God'....i say hmmmmm?!

welcome to 2011
edit on 1-1-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Oh lovely. Okay so if Yahweh is so angry and pitching a fit, please tell him to work on his aim. Surely he knows Dick Cheney's address? Michael Chertoff's? That's just for starters. I mean if he is pouring out wrath why aren't the elite scumbags getting it first instead of already impoverished innocent children in Haiti? And in the interest of brutal honesty, I would also be one of the scumbags he'd target because in my ignorant sheeple days I eagerly endorsed the carnage in Iraq. But I'm here so far whole and hearty while in Haiti there are toddlers missing their limbs, their parents, and their homes. What did they ever do to deserve that and incur God's wrath? I'm a believing Christian, and I'm not looking forward to answering for my own personal "war crimes" on my own day of reckoning. I believe each of us will have our own individual day of accounting. But as a person of logic AND faith, I can't see God doing anything as senseless as unleashing the forces of nature on a random sampling of individuals and in the process, maiming babies. I know he supposedly did exactly that in some OT accounts. If those accounts are truthful and accurate then I join others who question the nature of this entity you name. Rather than question the intentions of God I would prefer to believe we are witnessing a part of a natural cycle. It COULD mark the end of life for us as we have known it. But if so, I believe it is a part of the natural order. Nature was set up by God to run in a harmony and balance. As it's stewards, we have upset that harmony and reap the natural consequences.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sorry, note I'm not ignorant and I know the difference between "it's" as the contraction of "it is" and the possessive form of "it". Unfortunately the autocorrect feature on my browser doesn't know and it's difficult to edit from my iPad. I just wanted to clear that up, because it is my personal pet peeve to see the iPad keeps editing my posts to make it look like I don't know basic grammar rules. It also fails to register most of the commas I try to enter.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think the answer is sin. Things keep getting worse. We think we are better because we have better technology, but we have not become more moral or purer in our lives and thoughts. Just as there is a law of gravity, there is a law of sin. Paul explains earth problems in this way:
Romans 8:22
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Sin has affected us and the Earth. We all labor under the affects of sin. If things were perfect, we wouldn't be starting the year with tornados and an 7.0 earthquake. IF things were perfect, people wouldn't hate each other and we would work together to make Earth paradise again. It's not impossible to do until you figure in sin, sin makes it impossible for us to work together and take care of one another and the Earth.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Why cant people use their brains, instead of letting ridiculous ancient texts do the thinking for them?

Man has always struggled with the environment. Its not because of angry god or nature, its the way things are. People have always lived near volcanoes because the soil is the most fertile, yet there will always be a risk of an eruption. People have always lived near water because we need it to survive, yet there will always be a risk of flooding. Many cultures and civilisations have been wiped out as a result.

The human race has come on in leaps and bounds in finding ways to have our cake and eat it, yet still we find ourselves at the mercy of nature. Ironically, this creates other dangers.

We are milking the earth dry of its oil and replacing it with water, both substances have entirely different properties and this undoubtedly will have long term effects on the environment. We are yet to realise these fully. Likewise, we dig huge chasms to get as much precious material from the innards of the earth as we can. So when things go wrong because of this, it is not god or nature being angry at us, it is because of us messing around and suffering the consequences as a result.

We are a part of the ecosystem on earth, regardless of what you want to believe. When we poison the planet, we affect the balance and therefore affect ourselves. Humans are entirely to blame and we bring it on ourselves. Its nothing to do with god.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

top topics

join