It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Italian adventures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well I have been in Naples, Italy for over 2wks now and my trip is ending soon....but we shall not talk about that

I have seen Pompeii, The ruins of Cuma and Pozzuoli and tomorrow I will climb Vesuvius...which has become my favorite volcano. It's very cool to see Vesuvius all over and know it destoryed and entire city. Kind of eerie at the same time..

Ok so things I have learned while being here lol

1.. The showers are SMALL! Literally about 2x2 and that is even exaggerating a bit. It's a good thing I am flexible because shaving was a total challendge!

2. Beday's are in every bathroom and still don't get those....You could have a decent sized shower if that wasn't in there.

3. Water pressure on the hot side not so good, and it takes about 10mins for it to get hot at the sink...and sometimes it just doesn't get hot. So dishes were interesting but I improvised and just boiled water the old fashioned way and filled the sink with it.

4. Lighting a pilot light for the oven...lmao now THAT was an adventure most of chat can vouche for! Let's just say it involved a q-tip. lip gloss and fire!! Works like a charm

5. Counting hookers on "hooker highway" is sport and well it is something that is common here. I don't get it and I feel bad for them but here it's not frowned upon like back home. I mean it's weird to have your bf and everyone else count them....it's funnier though when he does it like the Count from Sesame Street lol

6. ALL Italians think they are NASCAR drivers. There are no road rules here but one, if your car fits then go! LOL! Apparently when you have your left blinker on constantly it means you aren't moving lol. The driving here is nuts....signs and lights are only used if you want to lol

7. When going to ruins even if you have no idea what they look like, wear sneakers not heels...
****wear heels if you are a pro like me

8. The Market's here put American flea markets to shame!! They bargain with YOU not the other way around. It's a dangerous place when there are rows and rows of shoes, bags and clothes and they will take pretty much whatever you offer. Dangerous! So approach with caution and a budget!

9. The Italians LOVE fireworks...literally love them. They light fireworks year round here no occassions needed for them. Now last night for New Year's OMG sorry my fellow Americans but you don't have poo on Italians when it comes to lighting off fireworks.!

switching computers more to come

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Well when I head to Italy i will take those points into account

Especially number 5, lol

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Well when I head to Italy i will take those points into account

Especially number 5, lol

Haha seriously you can get to like 20 in no time

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Is pizza the best over there or what?

We need pics to better illustrate your journey.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The pizza is really good and if you live in the states it really reminds me of Sbarro's lol Which in that case to me is more autentic pizza than anywhere else..It is also just like an Italian place I order from but the owners are fully Italian and the entire work force there is family. They are good people and love me cause Im half
they try to speak Italian to me and well now I can say a few things. The owner will be proud lol

I have tons of pics but it's taking time to edit them and resize them. I used my phone and it loads the pics at an insane size. I have pics of Pompeii, Cuma Ruins, Pozzuoli Ampitheatre and Vesuivus.

I was suppose to climb Vesuvius yesterday but it was closed. I was sad cause I REALLY wanted to., but next time I will!!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

5. Counting hookers on "hooker highway" is sport and well it is something that is common here. I don't get it and I feel bad for them but here it's not frowned upon like back home. I mean it's weird to have your bf and everyone else count them....it's funnier though when he does it like the Count from Sesame Street lol

OMG I love counting hookers. Especially using the voice like The Count from Sesame Street whilst doing it.

edit on 1/3/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

thought this would be a nice addiction

top topics

join