Well I have been in Naples, Italy for over 2wks now and my trip is ending soon....but we shall not talk about that
I have seen Pompeii, The ruins of Cuma and Pozzuoli and tomorrow I will climb Vesuvius...which has become my favorite volcano. It's very cool to
see Vesuvius all over and know it destoryed and entire city. Kind of eerie at the same time..
Ok so things I have learned while being here lol
1.. The showers are SMALL! Literally about 2x2 and that is even exaggerating a bit. It's a good thing I am flexible because shaving was a total
2. Beday's are in every bathroom and still don't get those....You could have a decent sized shower if that wasn't in there.
3. Water pressure on the hot side not so good, and it takes about 10mins for it to get hot at the sink...and sometimes it just doesn't get hot. So
dishes were interesting but I improvised and just boiled water the old fashioned way and filled the sink with it.
4. Lighting a pilot light for the oven...lmao now THAT was an adventure most of chat can vouche for! Let's just say it involved a q-tip. lip
gloss and fire!! Works like a charm
5. Counting hookers on "hooker highway" is sport and well it is something that is common here. I don't get it and I feel bad for them but here
it's not frowned upon like back home. I mean it's weird to have your bf and everyone else count them....it's funnier though when he does it like
the Count from Sesame Street lol
6. ALL Italians think they are NASCAR drivers. There are no road rules here but one, if your car fits then go! LOL! Apparently when you have your
left blinker on constantly it means you aren't moving lol. The driving here is nuts....signs and lights are only used if you want to lol
7. When going to ruins even if you have no idea what they look like, wear sneakers not heels...
****wear heels if you are a pro like me
8. The Market's here put American flea markets to shame!! They bargain with YOU not the other way around. It's a dangerous place when there are
rows and rows of shoes, bags and clothes and they will take pretty much whatever you offer. Dangerous! So approach with caution and a budget!
9. The Italians LOVE fireworks...literally love them. They light fireworks year round here no occassions needed for them. Now last night for New
Year's OMG sorry my fellow Americans but you don't have poo on Italians when it comes to lighting off fireworks.!
switching computers more to come