It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason for Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You know what I find strange? Since we've headed to Iraq with our military it seem to me the purpose of going over ther has changed constantly. Okay maybe it hasn't but just bear with me. From the start up until now we have changed our goals it seems:

1. The WMD (We can't find any)

2. Then we take out Saddam and

3. After that we put in a new government (or at least we're trying)

4. Now martial law is being declared
www.cnn.com...

It's interesting to note that Bush said we're going over there to find only WMD that we were told he had. Can't find any. He didn't mention we were going over there to accomplish anything else. Anybody else find this interesting.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's also interesting that your country is willing to spend HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS to help Iraq when they couldn't give a rat's butt about them for years. They sanctioned them, knowing it would mainly hurt civilians.

Has there EVER been an instance where the US went in on a "humanitarian" mission (ok after bombing the crap outta them first but whatever) with so many billions of dollars.

Interesting that all these billions are going to non-Americans who probably would be happy to see many of the American soldiers that "protect" them DEAD.

Interesting that none of the oil revenues have gone to Iraq yet.

Interesting, where are they do you reckon?

www.halliburton.com

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

It's also interesting that your country is willing to spend HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS to help Iraq when they couldn't give a rat's butt about them for years. They sanctioned them, knowing it would mainly hurt civilians.

Has there EVER been an instance where the US went in on a "humanitarian" mission (ok after bombing the crap outta them first but whatever) with so many billions of dollars.

Interesting that all these billions are going to non-Americans who probably would be happy to see many of the American soldiers that "protect" them DEAD.

Interesting that none of the oil revenues have gone to Iraq yet.

Interesting, where are they do you reckon?

www.halliburton.com

That's a very good question. I wish we were that kind of country where the US went on humanitarian missions. I wish we were a peacful country not commited to war all the time.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thinking ahead of time is what a president is best at usually. If i do

something now how will it affect the country 5,10,15 years down the line.

I believe that's why they went on this very harsh search for 1 man whom

they have never found(Osama_BinLaden). If we bomb them, then rebuild

them it's going to be good for business. After all it's all about money! I

posted my theory in another room. Yet it leads me to believe that all this is

connected and maybe my theory goes father than expected.

My theory is that
STEP#1. You bomb a country into suffering.
STEP#2.You become there salvation and deliver them out.
STEP#3.You have political ties to that country forever. Making them have to help your country out in a time of need or assistence because they must repay you for getting them to the point where they are.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Bush is a moron. He's just a dick...thats all.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Oh My God!

Did anyone of you in this post hear about the MARSHALL PLAN??

You remember Imperial Japan don't you?

How about a little thing called NAZI GERMANY?

We rebuilt them and guess what? ... Their doin OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And where did you get the "No Oil Revenues"?

OH MY GOD!!!! You people KILL me!

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
OH MY GOD!!!! You people KILL me!

You know what the difference between Iraq and all those other countries? The other countries openly attacked or threatened us with declarations of war. Iraq never did.

I am not trying to flame you, or attack you in anyway, just indicating why some of us feel this war was not justified. When I see that there are 860 dead and over 16,000 wounded, (and that's just on our side), I want to know why.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockerDom

Originally posted by crmanage

You know what the difference between Iraq and all those other countries? The other countries openly attacked or threatened us with declarations of war. Iraq never did.

Absolutely true! I don't believe for a minute that Iraq was any danger to us. So what was the REAL reason we invaded Iraq? Have you ever heard of diversionary tactics? What is this government trying to hide from us by starting a war? Oh well...maybe the Patriot Act. Taking our rights right out from under us and no one is paying any attention because we are losing hundreds of American soldiers and running up a tab of billions on a war that never did make any sense to begin with.

new topics

top topics

join