It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mapping America: Every City, Every Block: (Interactive Map by US Census)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Browse local data from the Census Bureau's American Community Survey, based on samples from 2005 to 2009. Because these figures are based on samples, they are subject to a margin of error, particularly in places with a low population, and are best regarded as estimates.

Source: projects.nytimes.com...

This is a hands on information machine. I checked for where I live. Dead On! Just packed full of info.

It'a kind of odd (IMO) that we release such info so readily. The enemies of the State (both foreign and domestic) now have a treasure trove of info on America.

I know it is great to have open Gov't etc but I am beginning to think we can have too much info-in some areas. Obiously nott enough in other areas-for sure.

Ckeck it out. Let me know what you think.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I see nothing wrong with having access to our demographics. I don't understand what it is that you have concerns about.
Advertising companies use demos all the time to market to target consumers. This information has been accessible for decades.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The most surprising thing about this map is that so many people readily answered the demographic questions. None of my neighbors did. I think the statisticians just filled that part in.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hypattia

I guess you're right but...

I guess that is why I consider myself a conspiracist.

I wonder how readily this info is in other countries.

top topics

join