It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to western Canada? Another timeshift?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Everyone take a look at the left side of canada. Just google it or look at your map. To me it looks like little islands just came out of the blue. Anybody else remember Canada being solid and not having those western islands?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
...not quite following?
The Nation of Haida ?

The changed name from Queen Charlotte Islands to Haida Gwaii; June 17. 2010....

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hmmmm.
sounds like a job for Doctor Who.

Or, Just call a doctor.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I lived in (Eastern) Canada for several years, I can honestly say I've never noticed those tiny islands. But really B.C. is not something I would be looking at every day. It might be something if someone that lived there came on here and said "You know, I don't remember living on an island before." Until you hear that, I really don't think there is any credibility to these time shift posts that show up here every now and then. Next you will be telling me that there is an extra 50th state smack-dab in the middle of the U.S. called Kansas! (Kidding)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We have islands all the way up to Alaska, and many that are too small to even show on a map.
I don't remember a solid coastline, unless it was a crappy map that showed that.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The reason this caught my eye is because of the connection between Washington and Canada. I never remembered the western tip looking like that.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Something I didn't know before, was that Alaska comes down along the BC coastline about half the length of BC. I always thought the top border connecting to Alaska was straight across. It actually dips way down along the coast.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Something I didn't know before, was that Alaska comes down along the BC coastline about half the length of BC. I always thought the top border connecting to Alaska was straight across. It actually dips way down along the coast.

Thats how i remember it also.

I also remember Texas being the biggest US state, but its apparently always been Alaska.

You chalk it up to bad memory, but all im saying is that it might be something else.

Apparently theres a 100 page long thread with a lot of people who share my belief. Im just pointing out another weird thing i noticed recently.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Texas is the largest state in the contiguous united states.

Sigh....

I won't go on ..... as it will do absoloutely no good.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Texas is the largest state in the contiguous united states.

Sigh....

I won't go on ..... as it will do absoloutely no good.

Oh but you should go on... because:

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for being a jerk.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

nice try buddy.....

I said CONTIGUOUS United States ......

maybe you can link to a dictionary too

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

nice try buddy.....

I said CONTIGUOUS United States ......

maybe you can link to a dictionary too

Whats your point? That has nothing to do with what i said. Contiguous or not i remember Texas being the biggest state. All you had to do was look at the map and you could clearly see Texas being bigger than Alaska, but thats not the case right now.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I'm not trying to be rude, but if I read your last comment correctly you said something about looking at a map and determining that Texas is larger than Alaska. If this is what you are saying then I'd like to point out that there is a ton of distortion when turning the earth into a rectangle. Maybe you should do a little brushing up on cartographic concepts.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
. All you had to do was look at the map and you could clearly see Texas being bigger than Alaska, but thats not the case right now.

Maps are not to scale. Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Oh dear Lord, not this again..

So, because someone who isn't clued up on geography notices something they haven't seen before, rather than acknowledge you didn't know everything, it is instead the result of a "timeshift" and the earth has just randomly reconfigured itself with new islands and moved borders...

Ok, seems like a logical conclusion to follow. After all, I am sure that I should be a billionaire and have a harem of nubile women to satisfy my every desire, but I don't. This too must be the result of a timeshift. It all makes sense now!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I never knew that there were so many islands. From what Google Earth shows, many have roads, but no cities. That's very strange. Hippie island is covalently covered with clouds that conform around it's shores. Hmmm?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have noticed things change in the past (suspect time shift) But those islands are not one of them. At least for the time line/s that I am/have been in. Some day I hope to be rich enough to retire there. If not Graham Island, the some place near Ketchikan. I love to fish and I think that would be just wonderful to retire there. Something that I have thought about since I was in High School.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I live in this area and I'm familiar with it, and I can tell you that in my perception it appears to be the same as it has always been. And I've known people who lived on the BC/Alaska border, and used to go back and forth all the time; Alaska has always dipped down low along the coast.

Originally posted by nakiel
...not quite following?
The Nation of Haida ?

The changed name from Queen Charlotte Islands to Haida Gwaii; June 17. 2010....

Thanks for telling me something I didn't know, lol.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Quite a lot of maps do not show the islands of the San Juan. And because there isn't much population there, it hasn't really been an issue.

Unless you are a sailing buff, were looking to skip out on the draft, like your "cottage industry" (cough - grow ops - cough), or live on the Islands, there is a good chance you've never had a reason to see them.

I assume you've been looking at ferry routes.

edit on 2011/1/1 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well As a Canadian, out map hasn't changed at all... I don't know what map your looking at but everything looks the same to me. I've lived there and I asked my buddy who lived there for 10 years and its the same.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join