It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrol/Diesel likely to be £7.00 a gallon.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

a fuel surcharge was imposed on hardware i was ordering from a couple of hundred miles away. the costs went through the roof so i had to pull that option as it became too expensive to buy in.
the taking of the surcharge was a sh height thing to pull by that scum. i hope they all get weeping piles for that one.
with the vat increase in at midnight, it's going to be interesting watching many things develop over here on the island.
r

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

make sure you put her in a garage before the riots start!
2nd
f

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hello All

This is a topic close to me because I drive over 30k miles per year and pay for 'ALL' the fuel I use as I am self employed !!
I've been driving a diesel and will be receiving my new 'petrol' engined sports car in Feb/Mar 2011 so the cost to me will be quite large on fuel alone......... That said, it was my choice and I know that I will have to work ''bloody harder'' over the next year or so to pay for my little indulgence !!

I however do not smoke, do not have sky tv, do not have a season ticket to some over priced football / sports team, i do not drink that much and I do not DO any form of drugs (excluding Coffee & ATS)

But this is a topic MUCH MUCH wider than just the fuel prices........... for those who try to make a political point screaming at the current 'Non' Labour governemt---- don't forget it was the labour government's wild spending whilst the 'times were good' which has put the UK into it's current position.......

It is also societies fault - Yes you and me, our parents and everyone who have chased the dream of Rising house prices meaning we are all richer !!! No we are not !!!!, we have a divide society which will continue it's division unless WE ALL start to work together !!!!

A starting point is Salaries ...... are people really worth what they are being paid currently ???

I propose a Max Salary Cap across all business, sports, Tv & Film and anything else..... The CEO, Top actor, Top striker can only earn a maximum of 20 Times the lowest full timer in the organisation..... simples !! ((including bonuses). Any surplus being fed back into society / community or whatever (TBC)

I propose a Ban on Political Bias - people in power work for the people they SERVE not themselves or political alliegence!!

I propose a return to good old fashioned values (saving for what you want - not ''having it NOW''

I could carry on for the UK and what needs to change............. it won't be easy and to be honest people would complain and critisize. BUT always remember those who complain do so because it is easy and finding a solution is alot more difficult......

I strongly believe that we need to change things quickly and I want to do it !!!!

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

hear hear!

f

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Originally posted by minkey53

But what is so difference about this time than the dog end days of the last Labour Government. Where not the country and its people at breaking point while we listened and watched the failure of the last Labour Government, yet was there talk of riots? No

So is the current Government getting all our anger as they are attempting to get our finances back on a better keel. It is very odd have we focus our anger on those currently running the country rather than looking back to those that caused the problem.

I have heard that this is rip off Britain all my life, and having travelled the world, I am not so sure. yes, some things are expensive but we have a high standard of living, and despite the needs to reduce state spending, we still have a national health service that is the envy of the world.

How many of those people who are declaring bankruptcy, understand fiscal management and control and that you can not always have everything your want. People are going bankrupt because they are did not understand fiscal control, and purchased too much on credit.

Of course, some businesses will fail, and rather than just quote this as a fact that thinks are bad, look at why these businesses fail and do not blame the Government for poor management.

Blame the last Government for Afghanistan, they have spent most of the money and yes, I do find it odd that the last Government could find billions to support the war and the banks. Blame Tony Blair and Gordon Brown. Call for them to be charged with war crimes.

I fully agree on the EU. Lets tell then to stick it and stop wasting money our taxes of the great French/Germany experiement.

The Daily Mail/Express is not the best source of information about what is happening in the country. Remember they have an agenda as well but I would accept that some councils have focussed less on their ratepayers than they should. I would fully support the Government in growth our Border Agency to ensure only those who should be in the UK are here. A way to give jobs to British people

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I totally agree with the above. I remember when the election campaigns were going on that the "coalition" said that to recover cuts will be made and it wont be nice.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

This version of society is coming to a bitter end, as each version of society has in the past.. We, as a nation need to move onto the next step shedding whatever it is holding us back, but you only have to look back in the 1800s where it took 50 years of butting heads with the establishment for them to change and reflect the society they represented.. And there in lies the biggest part of the problem, the unmovable nature of the establishment, while they remain unmovable, we are forced to push them.. and that is always a painful process.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

thoughtsfull

What is the 'establishment' ? Has there ever been a time in history where the people have as much power to see, do and say than they do now ??
The problem is that most are distracted by popular culture (?) or politically bias with a short memory or quite simply 'thick' !!

We live in an age now with communications, the internet etc etc which is the biggest threat to the establishment they have ever faced.... NO NEED for violence or civil disorder ...... just Mass CIVIL action in which Everyone of all ages, colours, creeds, denonimations stands up and says " hang on a minute this has too change' !!

It requires a few brave people to stand up and be prepared to be vilified by the media because they too are scared !!

Regards
PDUK

Benintheuk and FreedomERP

Thankyou for your comments, at least you have memories and can remember the facts !!!! Shame alot of others complain without offering any solution and screaming anti Tory / Conservative rubbish...... BAN ALL POLITICS

PDUK from Derbyshire
edit on 2-1-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: addition

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

This version of society is coming to a bitter end, as each version of society has in the past.. We, as a nation need to move onto the next step shedding whatever it is holding us back, but you only have to look back in the 1800s where it took 50 years of butting heads with the establishment for them to change and reflect the society they represented.. And there in lies the biggest part of the problem, the unmovable nature of the establishment, while they remain unmovable, we are forced to push them.. and that is always a painful process.

Can I presume that you are talking about the Industrial revolution as you make reference to the 1800s? And just what butting of heads were there? The establishment drove any change in society as the establishment was the wealth, land owning and business men and they forced the masses to accept the change from an farming based society to an industrial based one.

What is your vision of this next version of society and why does the change have to be a painful one?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity what are you guys in the US paying?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pershing1973
Currently the price is around £1.30 a litre but in the next couple of days we have the VAT increase, then more duty to be added in the next few months. On top of this Oil prices are still rising and unlikely to fall and many economists reckon the UK will be paying around £1.54 a litre for petrol, and £1.60 for diesel.

I am just wondering if anyone thinks their could be a breaking point with the UK hauliers and public? Obviously rises effect transport and have an effect upon about everything we buy. This on top of inflation which is currently well above the Governments target rate of 2%.

Could this be the straw that breaks the camels back in the UK and cause rioting and a year of discontent?

But that's just because the UK Gov wan't a bigger slice of the Pie to invest in useless crap you don't want or need.
And if it's the Gov in Oz, then the extra Tax is just used to start projects that will be cancelled half way through. Some say a Complete waste of Money and others say it created a Job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join