It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente 2011 Trends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Gerald Celente 2011 Trends

1. Wake-Up Call
2. Crack-Up 2011
3. Screw The People
4. Crime Waves
5. Crackdown on Liberty
6. Alternative Energy
7. Journalism 2.0
8. Cyberwars
9. Youth of the World Unite
10. End of The World!
11. Mystery Trend - "Know The Hand That Feeds You"

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Terrible interview - like alot of journo interviews today, rushed to fit the schedule of the news show and not really interested in the subject matter.

Regarding the material, seems a little bit doom laden but we, on ATS already know most of this and are sharing information to prepare for these eventualities.

The last two did make me smile though.... Youth of the world unite then the end of the world occurs !!?

PDUK

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

The trends refer to higher percentage of public sentiments. It depends on the actual playing field how things will turn out.

The End Of The World maybe due to crazy factors like oil, inflation, wars, riots, internet censorship - we may feel like it's end of the world.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

I would say in all probability he means end of the world wide web. ~or~ as we know it, the new system unleashed.
The mystery would more than likely be secret ruling society exposed.

I did not like his demeanor, he was wrong in 2010 regarding financial collapse. He is enjoying his new found wealth and fame a little to much now. Perhaps plans change based on the fact every forecaster and their uncles were calling for a collapse. Perhaps he excuses his error by pointing to bailouts as he did in 2009.

If you call for financial collapse year over year you are bound to hit the jackpot sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Well here is my bunch of happy happenings for this year.

My 2011 predictions:

There is no necessary order to this list.

1) A major war will break out possibly leading to a global conflict. Favourites will as normal be the historical ones, so who will be involved? ,,,,,, Possibly Iran, Pakistan, North Korea, USA, China. Any combination of this little lot.

2) Oil will continue to rise and thus affect almost everything we buy. This will be all tied into inflation. Things are going to start to get very expensive this year far more than we realise.

3) There will be a further stock market double style collapse, leading to many bank runs. Possible devaluations of many, many currencies, inc the US dollar.

4) Civil unrest will continue to increase and become more and more frequent across the globe. Also these civil unrests, will become increasingly violent and larger in size, this will inevitably lead to many places being placed under marshal law, with curfews and other civil restrictions.

5) A so called large terrorists attack will occur somewhere on this planet.

6) A further so called natural disaster will possibly occur or more than one. Volcano, Tsunami, or something on this line.

I am still of the view the absolute end of it all will not occur until 2012 sometime, I doubt it will be 21/12/0212 as the mainstream are saying, but 2012 will be the year. _javascript:icon('
')

Well there you have it, we should have a nice new page where we can all put our predictions down, and see just who was right!!

edit on 1-1-2011 by iceman22 because: add something

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Predictions are predictions. They are usually wrong and inaccurate. Why? Because no one knows the future exactly. Some can guess better than others, of course.

But I stopped giving Celente much credence over a year ago, because many of his statements turned out to be way over-sensationalized and even incorrect half the time.

He has been predicting the same stuff for years, and many these things never materialized like he said they would.

He was predicting a tax revolt that is long overdue. He predicted a full economic collapse, but the economy seems to be steaming along profiting like there was no tomorrow.

On the other hand, Celente was right about some of his predictions. Like what happened with the downsizing at IBM, he was really on the mark.

But hey , I am right and wrong too when I predict things. My hit / miss rate is about the same as Celente's.

I agree that the economy will collapse eventually, but everyone has been expecting it sooner than we should have.

Another issue is Inflation vs Deflation.

Most popular economic theorists love the Inflation fears.

However, over the last few years, what I have seen is a deflationary cycle. Strangely enough. The value of the dollar has remained mostly stable though, despite the fears and uncertainty surrounding it.

Sure it will collapse, but "When" is the magic word.

The point is, our market is manipulated and CONTROLLED by political and business tycoons.
Predicting the future is hard when someones controlling it!
They can make it do whatever they want it to do, and our predictions are flawed because we are assuming the market follows distinct rules and will have logical results.

There is no logical results in our market anymore.

They create 10 trillion $ in securities and it didn't barely affect the value of the dollar on the street at all!
Where is the inflation? It's being hidden, for now.

That's the point, it's hidden. The markets fake, controlled.

I can't predict what you are going to do tomorrow, why? Because you could read my prediction and PURPOSEFULLY choose not to make it come true. You could go outta your way to prevent it from happening.

That is why Celente is not always right. That's why I am not always right.
We are being manipulated by forces greater than we can imagine.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I subscribe to Celente's Trends journal and find it useful. Sometimes his predictions are a little dramatic but he is spot on in the 'direction' of the way things are heading.

His prediction for economic collapse has indeed come true, it is slowly underway. Some think it will be in the form of a stock market crash but the stock market doesn't reflect the massive debt, inflation and devaluing of the dollar which is happening gradually . It's only a matter of time before the chinese stop buying up junk US dollar treasuries and opec demands payment in a currency other than worthless $US...

His prediction for gold to reach $2,000 is realistic when you consider it has been going up every year for the past 7 odd years.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

End of the World Wide Web looks possible.

Prepare to meet the new World Bordered Web.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I too stopped listening to Celente over a year ago too for similar reasons..

tho I do feel something major is imminent, but that we are still at a crossroads we have been lurking at since the beginning of 2010.. I feel 2011 will be the year that the path we are taking becomes clearer.

My initial assessments are:

Economic warfare will continue between the big 3 (US, Europe and China) until one falls under the control of another, which then pits 2 against the 3rd (ATM: I feel it can go any direction) in the meanwhile each will continue trying to woo nations like India, Russia, Brazil etc.

(E.g within a couple of months of each other the UK, China and US have all tried to snuggle up to India.. kiss kiss and all that
)

Civil Unrest around the world will grow, especially in Europe.. nations like the UK are being primed in a deliberate attempt to get nationwide levels of civil unrest and force the Union closer.

(E.g who in their right mind front loads all the cuts so that they hurt everyone at once in multiple arenas unless they want to destabilise society and create a backlash)

2011 is a year I feel something has to give in the economic battle going on.
edit on 2/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: spelling

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
OK, the "mystery trend" riddle sounds a little dark to me. The fact that it comes after the "end of the world" is interesting.

I wonder if it will have anything to do with the fact that people will soon have to realize that if they want any measure of wealth or security, they will have to direct their attention to the "hand that feeds them".

The fact that Gerald is a gold and silver pusher tells me something's fishy here. Here's some food for thought. If you're on the top of the pile when the dollar takes a nose-dive, you won't have any problems converting your dollars, $1 for $1, over to the new currency.

But let's say John Doe spent his life's savings on $30/ounce silver. When the dollar crashes, a new currency comes into play or the dollar is revalutated. That same silver John Doe bought at $30/ounce dollars is now only exchanged for $15/ounce in the new currency. See my point?

I am now wondering if Gerald Celente is a plant? Sure, lets push gold and silver and crash our own system ourselves. Sounds like some sick Illuminati ritual to me.

edit on 2-1-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

what I have seen is a deflationary cycle.

Inflation of commodities (food, oil, gas, gold etc) and certain stocks, but deflation in wages, i.e. stagflation.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Could the "know the hand that feeds you" mean that something will happen to food? such as prices going higher, more regulations on it, and quality like GMO foods will be forced on people.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RayTheWizardLiotta

He means people will (choose to) eat more healthy and higher quality foods, rather than "Austwich farm eggs".

According to this video anyway:

Although personally I think world war 3 is more likely to begin first before at least 25% American's give up McD's.
edit on 2-1-2011 by john124 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join