It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can celebrate tonight because of our boys overseas... What a crock of total [snip]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

soldiers effort, bravery, loyalty etc... has nothing t do with this.

It has everything to do with it! Those qualities you mentioned is part of what makes them heroes!

and there will not be a war with china

And who said anything about China? Totally irrelevant to the thread! It's about saying Thank you & offering respect to the troops .... Past & Present! The OP thinks they deserve none! But the point is he would not have the right to that opinion if it was not for the efforts of the troops past & present!

Long Live the mighty Coalition!
edit on 1-1-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

What war has Australia ever been in that was really any of her business.

Please don't say the WW2, because the war in Europe was none of our business & the war against the Japanese happen because of action instigated by American oil blockades on Japan.

Also don't say Australian business interests, because that is say that profits before people is right & justifies our troops being there to murder people for profit.

Boer War
WW1
WW2
Korean War
Vietnam War
Gulf War
Iraq War
Afghanistan War

All none of our business.

Yes Australia needs a Defence Force, exactly that a force for the defence of Australia, not other peoples wars.

Yes we can all give a big thanks to corrupt leaders, who conned naive people, which resulted in their senseless deaths.

They died for our freedom & way of life.
They can now all happily decompose knowing that they died under a flag of freedom, you SMEG HEAD.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

you SMEG HEAD.

Wow that was a pretty cowardly comment! Vocabulary not that good! lol lol You will have to do better than that to hurt me tut tut tut!. Don't care what you say or think I stand by the coalition troops 100% for their efforts! Which is what this thread is about! They have done us proud!

As I have said before in previous posts bet you would not have the guts to say that to a 6 foot plus ANZAC or US Marine face to face!

For the record our ANZACS are legends ..... I cannot thank them enough!

Wow laughable! With debating skills like that ....... lol

Long Live the mighty coalition & ANZAC forces past & present for their continued effort - Absolute legends!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

edit on 1-1-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
We created a Federal Government to have a Federal Military to protect the States from invasion.

They failed.

The States were invaded by illegals from alllll over the world. Now our cities, States, and Federal Government are insolvent from handing out free section 8, food stamps, free school for their kids, and free healthcare from the EMTALA Act.

Congress/States spend more money in 1 year on illegal immigrants than what WE spend on Veterans in 10 years.

Obama's giving illegal immigrants free college under the DREAM ACT....but our Veterans will still get treated worse than those Non-Americans.

Our military being in Afghanistan/Iraq isn't doing squat for our "freedoms". If they would have been used to prevent the invasion of +45 million illegals from all over the world that broke into America....I'd think differently.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Standing by our troops for their illegal engagement in other peoples' wars.

Why don't you address the points I raised about the deployment of our troops in things that our none of our business.

Yes we will stand by our troops. Give them a free burial.

War loving people like you who are blind to the corruption & lies that the ANZACS were sacrificed for, are the reason that innocent people die in misery so you can cheer a parade feel all good inside.

ANZACS are for Australian & New Zealand defence.

Why aren't NZ troops fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

They watch YOUR shores and YOUR skies daily to try and prevent you from being bombed while driving your children to school.

Now if we could just get them to watch the borders. The shores aren't much of a problem lately.

I don't care what it is the scum in DC is having our soldiers do, the fact that our troops are willing to lay their life down for me, a complete stranger, makes them among the finest people in the world in my opinion. I need no special occasion to raise a glass to our soldiers. God bless them for caring about me. Now if we could just get rid of the scum in DC and maybe some of the senior leadership that is complicit (remember, war is racket afterall).

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Wow, didnt tak long for the first American Troop bashing thread here in 2011. I guess some people just have to get an eraly start to the nonsense. Star and flag fest for you for sure there buddy. I guess the fact that they keep us from being attacked on a daily basis, at a great cost to themselves personally is a mute point to someone of your ilk, but hey, the give you the ability to spout bs like this, dont they! I say raise a glass, and do so humbly.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
Tonight I saw a news commentator raise a glass and say "Tonight we can celebrate because of our boys who are fighting overseas" and I couldn't help thinking what a BS line of crap this guy is serving.

Hmm, I had no idea the military was responsible for the all-clear to say "Happy New Year" and abuse the crap out of kazoos. Sarcasm aside, I agree. Crediting the military personnel with celebrating the Gregorian New Year is akin to crediting the military with saying "Happy Birthday". Ridiculous assumption from that commentator.

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
I guess the fact that they keep us from being attacked on a daily basis, at a great cost to themselves personally is a mute point to someone of your ilk, but hey, the give you the ability to spout bs like this, dont they! I say raise a glass, and do so humbly.

I have to respectfully disagree completely. There is NOTHING stopping an American citizen from pulling another Oklahoma City. NOTHING. All that would take is time to accumulate what they need, time to case an area and get patterns down, and the ability to look, and act, like a regular Joe until kaboom. Aside from that, there are huge numbers of private planes. You simply do not know who might go crazy - or meticulously plan- and be the next Tax Office Kamikaze. You don't know which extremist activism group will bomb XYZ.
We face threats on a daily basis from within our own borders that in reality, probably have a far higher statistical likelihood of occurring than threats from fanatical Muslims half a world away.

Stateside threats aside, what about the drug cartels' violence spilling in to the US from Mexico? Where ARE our boys when we NEED them to protect the US more than ever? To assume the only true threats this country faces come from Muslims is positively delusional, and very hateful.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm not raising my glass to kids stupid enough to sign up and go overseas.

It's patriotic to not support the troops just as much as it is patriotic to support them.

link   

Originally posted by silo13
Regardless if you agree or not?
Raise a toast to the soldiers and their families.

peace

Why? They are professional soldiers that have signed a business contract with their eyes wide open. We are not talking about the "Greatest Generation" fighting Nazism.

Soldiers who sign up to play it large against poorly armed brown people in the Third World are only fighting for corporate interests in resource rich land and on the behest of Israel.

link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

If you don't like it, get used to it.

There are people who don't buy into that patriotic B.S that the rest of you enjoy.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Typical liberal hate mongering for the military. Why don't you people quit using ATS for Military, Christian, and Jewish bashing and contribute something useful to the community. This thread, like many others, is nothing but an opinionated rant, with nothing to help ATS's mission, and everything to get people riled up. Maybe the admins can create a "Soapbox" forum so people can spout all of their useless drivel, while the rest of us engage in more interesting and productive discussions.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dialecticchaos77
Typical liberal hate mongering for the military. Why don't you people quit using ATS for Military, Christian, and Jewish bashing and contribute something useful to the community. This thread, like many others, is nothing but an opinionated rant,

Why don't you include Muslims in the list of targets on ATS? If you object to people targeting Military, Christians, and Jews surely for the sake of consistency you would include Muslim bashing?

I mean, some of the shXt being said of Muslims makes one think everyone of them is an exploding and murdering mini satan about to eat every red blooded American.

So if you see no problem there then you really should not run in defense of people who sign their lives away kicking the shXt out of foreigners. Sometimes bullets fly the other way you know.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dialecticchaos77

Why don't you quit sniffing the boots of soldiers and stand up for yourself?

Hey, it was only fair after you just had to use the L-word.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Want to fight for our freedom? Don't join the military, run for office!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The day that our men and women in uniform stand on U.S. soil and fend off an attack on our sovereignty, then I will see them as defending our country. Otherwise, all they are do is secure the acquisition of natural resources, occupy foreign lands and act as the arm of the U.S. government in the effort to force the spread of democracy and capitalism onto countries that don't really care for it.

My 2-cents

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I will toast to the courageous but naive young boys acting out their angst on foreign shores including the coalition forces, fighting for what they had been led or misled into believing in.

I will toast to the police forces whom had stupidly believe they are keeping the streets safe,while allowing the real criminals to roam free and wide, dispossesing fellow citizens of their homes and what little they have.

I will toast to the elected, who started off with a heart to change issues through honest debate, but eventually realized that there are powers that be that are beyond the reach of Constitutional laws.

I will toast to the Judiciary, for trying their best in the face of overwhelming odds.

Most of all, I will toast to fellow citizens, jews, buddhists, christians, hindus, muslims, white, black, mate, female, old, young, etc, etc, whom had been bearing the unbearable with the greatest fortitude and resilence unknown for centuries.

Cheers!

But my glass will be tossed full aside if i ever have to present my toast to the bankers, the selfish mega rich, the military industrial complex, big pharmas, and their fellow bootlickers, as well as all others who sought to enslave mankind .

A time of reckoning is comming, and soon, in the year twenty eleven.....

edit on 1-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's cool to see americans who actually know what the hell is really going on... To the "patriots" who think these troops secure your |"freedom" go check why your own govt. attacked your own country and killed your OWN people.
Instead of being at the streets to HANG that govt that did this to you, you preffer to believe that a bunch of arabs were able to pull out manoeuvers real pilots cannot. yea that makes sense. The Pentagon got hit by a plane which left a round shape and no part was found of real plane. No human bodies anywhere... Also the temp was hot enough to Melt WTC BUT!!! THE passports survived the fire heat and the arabs were recognised. (even though still alive) Yea... the people who believe that makes me no surprise they support your troops overseas...

And you support the invasion of iraq for weapons of mass destruction which WOOPS we made a mistake but hey... lets keep invading countries.. NEED MOOOOAAARR OIL...

Actually during 9/11 your troops were there... but it seems a bunch of arabs were able to destroy your city.. Keep believing all that and we might as well milk you for being a bunch of cows sitting and believing any kind of CRAP they feed you.

To the americans who are actually AWAKE first of all my congrats.. but you need to start acting a lot more. These ppl in govt KILLED YOUR OWN PEOPLE. how long you want to wake up? THEY ARE PUBLIC SERVANTS.. .YOUR SERVANTS. PUT THEM BACK AT THEIR POSITION.

edit on 1-1-2011 by Alda1981 because: typo

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

people think china are getting ready for war with the us, the chinese are probably the only threat to us civillians as russia are very freindly with the us these days. no war in the middle east has anything to do with the safety of americans and infact just cause more of a risk to the people by fuelling hatred among non americans and even people from within america.

maybe one day in the future when the suicide bombers start blowing themselves up in america in the ways that they do in afghanistan on regular occasions, maybe then you could say, lets thank all the coallition forces over sea's for my brother/sister/friend etc... not being able to celebrate this new year as they have been blown in half.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join