It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can celebrate tonight because of our boys overseas... What a crock of total [snip]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Tonight I saw a news commentator raise a glass and say "Tonight we can celebrate because of our boys who are fighting overseas" and I couldn't help thinking what a BS line of crap this guy is serving.

Our 'boys' being overseas has nothing to do with the freedom we have left in the America - they have been duped by the powers that be. Of course I understand the marketing campaign - be a hero and fight for democracy - but that's all it really is, a marketing campaign aimed at stupid kids who aren't even considered old enough to drink.

Having been there and done that I know what the score is now. First of all the United States isn't a 'democracy' and the only hero's will be selected using marketing criteria... 'We need a white looking male with a Hispanic sounding name, find him and well get a Congressional Medal of Honor out - it will make your numbers look good with the military and increase our Hispanic vote in 2012'. 'Next be on the lookout for a light skinned black female, better yet make her a lesbian too'.

Anybody who still buys all this BS is either stupid, young, naive, or all of the above, and if they're all of the above they're just who the military is looking for. But the wars have nothing to do with freedom at home, the wars are only to sell more arms and line the pockets of the puppet masters. Nothing but pure imperial BS to secure the opium fields in Afghanistan so the CIA can import dope, and a never ending war in the Middle East to fight the enemies of Israel.

If any young people really wanted to fight for the liberties of America the fight isn't overseas, it's right here right now and that rule is the same in every other Western country. The fight isn't against a bunch of prehistoric cave men living in the middle of nowhere, the fight for freedom is at home. If anyone knows any young people thinking of joining the military it's your duty to set them straight, they're too young and stupid to know any better. Let them know that the media is lying to them and the fight for freedom is at home.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 1/1/11 by argentus because: snipped title

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Regardless if you agree or not?
Raise a toast to the soldiers and their families.
And change the freakin vulgar thread to you title.

peace

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
You are correct the USA is not a democracy it is a Republic in fact your founding fathers have written into the Constitution for it not to be a democracy.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Unfortunately the public is stupid enough to believe it... And innocent people on all sides will continue to die for the ego of fools & idiots and corporate greed...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Anger is to be expected when people wake up to how deep the lies and deception goes. The media was bought up and sold out a long time ago. The killing and destruction over a pack of lies demands justification. Industry is told to put money above people, society and the environment. When you look into how money works and where it comes from it makes you sicker still, no fairness, just centralised incompetence. The Earth will find a sustainable answer one way or another, we can either listen to or be rolled over by it.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Disgusting thread title! maybe the Mods should see this for profanity!! But anyway. If you are naive enough to believe it .... well ..... Despite what you say they are fighting for the freedom of the Western world from the extremist islamic terrorist threat!. Nothing to prove this was discussed in a thread recently ... look there for your proof! it's up to you to understand & not anybody else's responsibility to hold your hand!

If you love your way of life & your right to voice your disgusting opinion you owe it to the troops past & present! Show some respect to the troops & don't bite the hand that feeds & enables your lifestyle! As I say to other people who "Slag off" the troops I bet you would not be so disrespectful to the face of a 6 foot plus Marine or ANZAC! shame on you!

Long live the coalition & all its allies!

edit on 1-1-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

peace

I agree with you.

And to the OP.... I have 2young nephews both serving more than one or two tours in Irag. Both just reached the age that they can now legally drink off base. I understand your thoughts on this matter. But there are brave young men and women currently serving because they believe in what they do.

Did we go to war for our freedom? I do not believe so. Did we go to fight for the freedom and rights of the Iraqi's? I doubt that as well. The troops serving do more when called upon than fight this war. They are here helping saves lives in natural disasters, among other things. Agreeing or disagreeing with this war should not enter into the equation. We owe a lot to our troops They do fight for your freedom everyday.

They watch YOUR shores and YOUR skies daily to try and prevent you from being bombed while driving your children to school.

A little appreciation for what they do is not too much to ask.

Just my 2pennies though... :$
edit on 1-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Despite what you say they are fighting for the freedom of the Western world from the extremist islamic terrorist threat!. Nothing to prove this was discussed in a thread recently

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please do your home work, ignorance may be bliss but evolution waits for no one.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Been there done that - I'm a veteran and they're not fighting for anybody's freedom. They've been sold a pack of lies because they're stupid kids who don't know any better and they will wear the scars of their ignorance for the rest of their lives. If you want to help them point them toward your Capital and tell them who the real enemies are.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

They watch YOUR shores and YOUR skies daily to try and prevent you from being bombed while driving your children to school.

I appreciate our soldiers for what they THINK they are doing...
They believe they are helping to secure our way of life and are fighting with thet belief..

But the truth is different..

Firstly, how the hell are THEY watching OUR shores when most are based in overseas locations?

Secondly, do they not realise that the US is becoming more and more hated each day due to their actions??
Every INNOCENT muslim they kill statistically creates 100 enemies..
So how many enemies does the west now have.?
You do the math, but it is a damn site more than before this "so called" war on terror started..

No one will deny that....
So, what exactly are they fighting for..???

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Your link has no relevance to respecting the troops for their effort!

ignorance

Because I don't share the same word you brandish the "I" word! Well the same could be said for you! Next thing you may pull the "Troll card" ....... Hmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I understand the OP, but Silo is right. They still are your children that risk their lives for you.

@ phatpackage

Something with homework cause you are wrong. Terrorists and non existing weapons of mass destruction are really quite different from each other.

The Taliban did offer them bin laden ... Only not by the terms of the US. The invasion was just as much lacking a reason as Iraq has.

Humanitarian argument will also fail cause then North Korea should have been or also been attacked.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

peace

" Regardless .................."
" Raise a toast ? Why would you make such a simplistic claim ?
Having done my time, one quickly learns that soldiers & their supporters
are usually ill informed or don't have a clue they are political pawns.

However, if it makes you 'feel' better, I raise my glass to the unfortunate ones

who have lost Life, Limb and Sanity in an Illegal, moronic

military engagement. Aug 1990 to WHENEVER Americans stop their

sophomoric support the " Warriors " nonsense .

The News caster could of just as easily ( and more honestly ) stated, Let us

toast to the Glory of War ! Hooray !!!!!! Now wave our little flags.

To the OP

You have every right to be angry, very very angry.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Our 'boys' being overseas has nothing to do with the freedom we have left in the America - they have been duped by the powers that be. Of course I understand the marketing campaign - be a hero and fight for democracy - but that's all it really is, a marketing campaign aimed at stupid kids who aren't even considered old enough to drink.

How about those that have DIED in the PAST to ensure our freedom???
Yes raise a toast to those
and DONT FEED THE TROLLS
edit on 1/1/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I appreciate our soldiers for what they THINK they are doing...
They believe they are helping to secure our way of life and are fighting with thet belief..

But the truth is different..

Firstly, how the hell are THEY watching OUR shores when most are based in overseas locations?

Secondly, do they not realise that the US is becoming more and more hated each day due to their actions??
Every INNOCENT muslim they kill statistically creates 100 enemies..
So how many enemies does the west now have.?
You do the math, but it is a damn site more than before this "so called" war on terror started..

No one will deny that....
So, what exactly are they fighting for..???

I am entirely relieved that you expressed appreciation for their heart and their intent. Expressed that way we really don't disagree.

As for them realizing? Uncle Sam cares not a whit for what any of them realizeonce their life has been signed over. I can tell you with accuracy that I know a few that hate what they have been made to do. They see things and are ordered to do things that they never thought they'd have to. When you are owned you cannot legally walk away just because you see the government is using you wrongly.

And as the government sees it? The troops are expendable and they are fighting to make the elite more so...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Been there done that - I'm a veteran

You fought for the mighty coalition? All I can say is thank you & respect for any effort you put in! I respect any military any people!

They've been sold a pack of lies because they're stupid kids who don't know any better and they will wear the scars of their ignorance for the rest of their lives.

Stupid? Ignorance? Now that's a little strong! I only offer my respect to them! The are "dead Set" heroes!

If you want to help them point them toward your Capital and tell them who the real enemies are.

Sure their real enemy is extremist Islamics ......... Not the moderates, not the "Non practicing" ..... the extremists! They are heroes & deserve any support & thanks we can give them! Blame the Governments of the world if you want but they themselves are not ignorant, Not stupid! They are true real life heroes!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Your link has no relevance to respecting the troops for their effort!

I respect fighting for injustice, against tyranny, oppression and social massacrer. I do not respect the systematic slaughter of innocent civilians, destruction of social infrastructure and profiteering from pain. The real reason we went to war in the first place is highly relevant. I know it is hard to see past the deception that has been played in the mainstream media, once you do there is no going back.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Agreed.

What they have is valleyism.

Russia, Roman, or American, they will fight whoever goes in their valley.

Our boys can be home and we'd be more free with them here to protect us.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Good for you sunshine but it has nothing to with it. It is about saying thank you for their effort! which is well deserved regardless of what the the "left Wing" part of ATS would have you wrongly believe!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
soldiers effort, bravery, loyalty etc... has nothing t do with this. it is just propoganda and seems actually shocking to an english man like myself. but the strange thing is we do get the odd bit on the tv with this type of propoganda but not so blatently put. it is wrong to bad mouth the soldiers as they know no better (apart from those who join to kill people), these wars and the supporting of israel are the reasons why the us and the uk are in danger of attack, and there will not be a war with china, maybe something similar to the cold war with russia but definatly not war as both sides would have too much to lose.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join