It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clean water. Got any?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I am considering relocating to an area based primarily on the cleanliness of the water. I am making this thread in hopes of divining where to go. It appears that chromium 6 is popping up wherever halliburton demons frack for gas. Naturally, the media are hush hush about it. I'm not sure how they managed to destroy the great lakes, where Chicago sources it's water, but it's here. I have much to do before packing...but since water is among life's most necessary essentials, I take this need quite seriously.

If you are afraid that tptb will instantly poison any clean water sources mentioned here, please u2u me.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

If you are considering somewhere near southside Virginia and would not do so if the water was unhealthy then mark it off your list. I pay monthly for water that comes with a disclosure about cancer and longterm use twice a year every year and have gotten them for a good decade before now. If by chance you were seriously considering somewhere in this area pm me and I will disclose my county and those surrounding me. It is an important choice for sure. Good luck!
edit on 1-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I live in mount shasta and the entire city's water is fed by springs on the mountainside.

If that's not enough, there's a spring in the city park to get it, untampered by pipes.

Still, I'm thinking of moving... hope I can find another gem like this is CA.

Fresh water goes great with organic food.
edit on 1-1-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Sounds to me it would be easier and less expensive to set up a Water Alkalizer/Filter/Remineralizer combination.

It is ridiculous though how lax government regulation on corporations polluting water supplies.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
How are you able to relocate so easily? Are you a nomad of some sort?

Why not just buy drinking water and filter the water that you bathe in?

I buy the glass bottled Mountain Valley spring water. Its not inexpensive, especially if you buy the glass bottles but that does eliminate bisephanol worries. Its also highly tested.

Berkey water filters come highly recommended but they are not the only water and shower filters.

Just a few suggestions.
edit on 1-1-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
In Canada, you're still allowed to collect rainwater. If you live in a sparsely populated area, unaffected by pollution down wind, then the water is probably as clean as it's going to get. Northern Canada good, as long as you're not downwind from oil/gas wells.

On the other hand, even though I live in central eastern Saskatchewan, around nothing that pollutes, the rain cleans off the windshield on your vehicle better than window cleaner, which is kind of scary.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I would recommend a filter system even on the cleanest water! Why? Because we cannot see when water becomes unclean until it is too late; but, with a filter you can put muddy water and even the radiologicals and biologicals can be removed, seriously!

Personally I am on a well, I am taking from ground water that is filtered through a natural ground that has never been spoiled by construction or roads. Yet I still filter every drop; I even filter my shower water. I use a Berkey Water Filtration System. I highly recommend them!

Berkey Water Filtration

Might be a good idea to look into the Potassium Iodide while you are looking at that page as well. During a Fall-out scenario only you can save your own life!

Goodluck with the search, I recommend the Rocky Mountains but not for a cleaner water source as radiologicals are prevalent.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Thanks for your reply, and thank everyone for their helpful resources. I am near the ones I love, and they don't return my love, so I am somewhat free to leave. There's much more to this than I can reveal. All I can say is that it is being done by design, and my heart is breaking. The idea of planting roots where the water is foul is most disturbing to me. Most persons have managed to do what I now attempting to do at a much earlier stage in their life. I am not a nomad. I am a prisoner of poor judgment by someone who thinks she is an able judge. My fault.

As I said...not a nomad.

I wish to raise crops, and desire to live in an environment which is free, in which the police are not someone's idea of 'spiritual tools'. It would be good to have a designated household (compound) attendant, as I value my working tools and cannot bear to lose them. I have simple needs, and water is one of them. I have found a gold mine of riches which enable me to basically seek no forms of entertainment. There's a connection between the earth, sky, and myself which I wish to nurture. I loathe cellular devices, and cell tower poisoning is another environmental concern. Radiation is another. Initially when I began this thread I was bombarded with concern about factors, other than water, to consider. So there are three, at the moment, and I haven't considered the weather as of yet. Can't say that I love cold winters, to be honest, but cold winters are preferable to cold, twisted hearts. I could drive a normal person mad simply through my frequency, but I am hardly controlling.... I simply seek the truth, and what I am finding is both horrifying, and indescribably spectacular. It is this latter phenomenon I am seeking to nurture. One might call this 'drama'. If you knew what I am subject to, you would call it a miracle that I live at all. I enjoy making notes on a guitar, and don't reach for an amp unless something tells me to. This is a luxury which has been assassinated with a marksman's skill. I feel like an animal that's been shot, yet can drag myself away, so what's to lose?

The net is dying. I am watching some of my most relevant thoughts being plucked invisibly from the pages of ats, where I have been somewhat active as of late. I prepare for less internet, and do intend to stay with my path. I have a typewriter. My thoughts may be useful in the future. As you know, unless you record the music you create, a player is left with nothing but memories of the wind. Therefore, recording is also a concern.

This is a call for help, outright assistance. Thank you, all of you.

top topics

join