It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham forest binary code decoded

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by believerofgod

Hey there believerofgod
It was Larryman who thought he read something about the ink test. I was asking the original question.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Well. If they were ET's and they use binary that's fair enough. But they would have to have written it in ACii first. Otherwise the words wouldn't translate back into anything we would understand. Binary isn't a language thats the same universally. They would have to be English talkin aliens. So if it was an ET message that was 'intercepted, then the binary would have to decode into something in their language not ours. If it was a message meant for humans, then they would have to speak English in the first place.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Alarm bells ring when either Nick Pope or Linda Moulton Howe push themselves into a case. Both appearing together in this attempted Rendlesham revival is just plain disturbing.

I've seen the programme and read through the thread, and important facts in three areas - facts key to beginning to believe in this unlikely tale - appear to be missing. Maybe someone out there can help.

First, who conducted the regression? What appropriate qualifications did they have? Is there a recording or transcript available? And given that regression is notoriously inaccurate in recovering memory, is totally unacceptable in courts, and is more likely to find confabulation than truth, why has it been used here?

Second, what laboratory/expert tested the age of the paper containing the binary code. Is there a written report available?

Third, has the binary code been tested/interpreted by anyone more professionally engaged and qualified in this work than a guy who happens to have a very simple site on the Internet? Do we know what qualifications and experience he has?

Hope somebody can help!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Here is a much better thread on this subject, that was started 3 days before (not sure why mods havn't closed this one yet.) It's goes into a lot of detail and is starting to get interesting. It's better if these discussions don't get fractured.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

i have been really into this show since the first time i saw it..i have found that you can download each episode even the new ones from season two including the above episode,just type in ancient aliens followed by filestube.into google you can get them all and they are only 350mbs in avi form and in hd!!

link   
reply to post by Snippy23

I could be wrong, but i seem to recall it was Professor John Mack who performed the regression hypnosis..this must have occurred some years ago, as he is now sadly deceased.

But this Harvard Professor of Psychology (eta; Psychiatry not Psychology), was the main 'abductee' councillor for many years during the 80's and 90's, so it's possible he was the one doing the work with these guys.

edit on 2/1/2011 by spikey because: correction

link   

Originally posted by eyeoftruth
Hi, I posted this in the other thread regarding this code. thought it might be a better topic of discussion in here. Just wanted to put a few thoughts I had on this "code" This is purely speculation on my part, as it couldn't be anything else simply due to the topic here in. If this UFO wasn't piloted by a biological entity, but was perhaps a remote controlled device for lack of better terms, there are many reasons a code was implemented rather than a straight forward statement or mathematical equivalent. No, I don't believe it was to give credibility to there existence, if that was the goal they'd land at the White House. If, as an extraterrestrial I sent a message to another world, but in my language, I'd obviously want it translated to the simplest form of expression. So programmed into this craft is a universal translation program with parameters to locate the local primitive language and relay the message in simplest terms to the inhabitants. If this craft came into contact with say, one of our satellites which is easily understandable, and in doing so came to the realization that a computer code was relaying the information, it could easily think this would be a readily understandable form of communication. It may not have realized it was only being converted into binary for the computers and that the end users were using alphabet (English in this case). So upon contact it merely relayed the message in the language it found being used in most of the world, let's face it the US and UK have many more satellites than the rest of the world, all using the same alphabet, thus the same binary code. The message was relayed as the craft was programmed to do, in what it thought to be the most widely understood language of the planet.

Your post prompted me to look up the Pioneer Plaques that we've been sending out into space to contact ETs. The Wiki page says this:

At the top left of the plate is a schematic representation of the hyperfine transition of hydrogen, which is the most abundant element in the universe. Below this symbol is a small vertical line to represent the binary digit 1.

[...]

On the right side of the plaque, a man and a woman are shown in front of the spacecraft. Between the brackets that indicate the height of the woman, the binary representation of the number 8 can be seen (1000, with a small defect in the first zero). In units of the wavelength of the hyperfine transition of hydrogen this means 8 × 21 cm = 168 cm.

[...]

The radial pattern on the left of the plaque shows 15 lines emanating from the same origin. Fourteen of the lines have corresponding long binary numbers, which stand for the periods of pulsars, using the hydrogen spin-flip transition frequency as the unit. Since these periods will change over time, the epoch of the launch can be calculated from these values.

Pioneer Plaque

So, would it be any wonder if aliens figured the binary code would be the best way to communicate with us? Just saying...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I agree with the majority of posters here. Of all the stories to come out of the Initial incident, this is the first I have heard about a code. I am an infrequent poster but I wanted to write to say that my initial thought when I read the translation from the video was that of malevolence. Exploration of humanity sounds to me like a hands on approach. When we study other species it is usually bloody. This doesn't sound promising.

My own work in accounting and economics has me convinced that most dealings between our own species are necessitated by the basic idea that resources are limited. Our planet is our most important resource, but we must also see that it is indeed a powerful resource. Perhaps we are not the only ones in need of it. Not a new story if you are familiar with the annunaki story.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Funny...I saw this exact film last night while looking for documentaries online.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smugallo
reply to post by sparrowstail

Well. If they were ET's and they use binary that's fair enough. But they would have to have written it in ACii first. Otherwise the words wouldn't translate back into anything we would understand. Binary isn't a language thats the same universally. They would have to be English talkin aliens. So if it was an ET message that was 'intercepted, then the binary would have to decode into something in their language not ours. If it was a message meant for humans, then they would have to speak English in the first place.

Ahh...perhaps.

However, what if the probe (a robotic probe in my opinion) was equipped to receive and translate the thought patterns of the individuals it encountered?

Then the probe could use it's machine language, but using the peoples minds themselves as the translating device to convert the output into something they would understand.

It's not far fetched when you consider human beings are working on scientific projects that do exactly the same thing to read brain waves and translate them into words and images.

If we can (almost) do it now, think how the tech would be in just 50 years or so.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Oh trust me, I love this stuff. I am probably willing to believe it more than most people are
But I still like all aspects of a UFO case to be presented, evidence and all, even by hardcore skeptics who feel that they can completely disprove it.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Not just the Pioneer 10 probe either.

Both the Voyager craft carried gold discs with 55 languages and greetings from president Jimmy Carter and others.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
reply to post by spikey

Oh trust me, I love this stuff. I am probably willing to believe it more than most people are
But I still like all aspects of a UFO case to be presented, evidence and all, even by hardcore skeptics who feel that they can completely disprove it.

Cool.

No worries (i wasn't having a pop btw), i agree with the importance of having all the details when dealing with these phenomena.

Seemingly trivial details can make all the difference.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snippy23
reply to post by XPLodER

Alarm bells ring when either Nick Pope or Linda Moulton Howe push themselves into a case. Both appearing together in this attempted Rendlesham revival is just plain disturbing.

Only to you for some strange reason. Both are highly respected in the UFO world.

I've seen the programme and read through the thread, and important facts in three areas - facts key to beginning to believe in this unlikely tale - appear to be missing. Maybe someone out there can help.

First, who conducted the regression?

It was a family psychologist who had helped Penniston's daughter. Perhaps you should write to his family if you are so concerned about his qualifications.

Is there a recording or transcript available?

In principle, yes. Video recordings were made of two hypnotic regressions. They probably are the property of the family psychologist. Ask her for copies.

And given that regression is notoriously inaccurate in recovering memory, is totally unacceptable in courts, and is more likely to find confabulation than truth, why has it been used here?

That's YOUR opinion. World famous abductions investigator David Jacobs, who has conducted over 600 hypnotic regressions and written two books on the subject, expressed his approval of the hypnotic regressions on reviewing the video tapes.
web.ukonline.co.uk...

Second, what laboratory/expert tested the age of the paper containing the binary code. Is there a written report available?

As far as I know, no forensic test has yet been made to determine the age of the note book.

Third, has the binary code been tested/interpreted by anyone more professionally engaged and qualified in this work than a guy who happens to have a very simple site on the Internet?

No. No one else has seen all the code. You really don't need to be particularly qualified to know binary code. This is like doubting a mathematics graduate's ability to teach simple algebra because he does not have a Ph.D.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

I see your point. Fair enough. Can't rule out though that it was intentionally put in english binary. We're still dealing with many unknowns.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
flic.kr...
I'm sure someone has plugged that into google earth already, if not there it is.....

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
In order for the binary to represent the alpha/numeric data that it is supposed represent (long/lat values, text etc) it would need to have been in that form to start with.

Binary is a counting system, or to put it correctly it was a system described by a chap called Pingala to represent data in numerical form (and it later led to propagation of logic and as such computer science as one of the outputs of this early discovery).

There is a stack of stuff on this that anyone who did computer science will have covered but I found the following wiki article had it all condensed nicely:

en.wikipedia.org...

The dude must have had pages of code for it to represent the text mentioned, e.g. the following:

01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00101100 00100000 01000001 01010100 01010011 00100000 01010111 01101111 01110010 01101100 01100100 00100001

Has a nice message!

In order for the message to translate back into English, it had to have been encoded in English to start with as in the above binary code example (it started in English, therefore will finish in English).

The above fact alone can point to one of two things:

1. The whole thing is bullisht
2. The message was encoded in english, somehow created by that person and/or was MAN-MADE of this earth and intentionally/accidently projected into his mind.

Binary code represents numerical (and later alpha numerical data) - for me as a programmer to translate the binary back into something I would have to make an assumption:

a. The originating code was an 'English or English-Like' language
b. The originating code was a computational language either low level (machine language) or some intermediary or high level language

But the fact that it translated back into something tangible leaves little doubt as to the origins.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm surpirsed that with all the possible interptations of this code that no one has made the observation that instead of "exploration" of humanity, it could read "explotation" only one letter away ..certainly changes the meaning of the message ..not meant to be transmitted to the human wittness but channelled off the surface of the UFO through the hand of the person and encoded into some part of his neural network (memory portion) of the human brain". This being accomplished much like "grounding" a electrical charge of a sources and bleed out to the respository mr ciscko or whomever.. Very possible that humanity was never intended to recieve this information.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by XPLodER

Gee, what's the chance of another civilization in another Universe is actually using Ascii for their computers. And why Binary and not the Equivelent Hex Codes, and he even grouped them into 8 Bits

I reckon this story is 01001011 01110101 01101100 01101100 01110011 01101000 01101111 01110100

Kullshot ??

I suppose that you meant to have a 'B' instead of the 'K' and an 'i' instead of the 'o' ...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Funny, I saw something on this on the history channel just the other day. Co inky dink perhaps???
Anyway my feelings are this: The gentleman wrote down this binary code of ones and zeros from memory after touching this aledged craft. With only ones and zeros how likely is it that he remembered the exact order of all of those numerals? Really, I work in retail and if a persons credit card has more than three zeros in a row in the number I have to count them before I enter then into the terminal. (if for some reason a card wont scan and I have to enter the number by hand) so if the numbers I needed to "remember" were nothing but ones and zeros and not just a few ones and zeros but full pages of ones and zeros I am certain that I would never be able to remember the sequence of those numbers. How likely is it that this guy was able to?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join