It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Kind Of Mood Are The American People In As We Enter 2011?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Are the American people more divided or have you just heard that so often on television in the past years that you actually believe it. I think the American people are becoming more and more aware of the situation they are in and are infact more and more United.

Can you trust a poll? Can you trust the methods in which we vote? Can you trust the MSM? Can you trust your wife, father, mother, sister or brother when they trust all three? Is the sky blue or does it just look that way some of the time?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm getting sick of paying more for food.

went to kroger the other day and spent 72 bucks! We came out with 2 bags of groceries. We only bought things like milk, bread, coffee, fruit, and sugar...maybe a few more things but not a lot.

Another 41 bucks at the produce store for fruits and veggies..we buy the same thing almost every time and it usually only runs us about 24-30 bucks...what's up with that?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraithXV
As much as I think 2011 will suck, I do have hopes something spectacular will happen.

Lol, care to define spectacular?

I'd define spectacular as maybe a huge space rock landing on Earth. Maybe a few of them spread around, ha. Then we'd all really have something to complain and talk about, wouldn't we, huh?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
...i dont give a hoot about what some jerky report claims that americans are in the mood for as we enter 2011... i'm in a mood, o'yeah...

...if i hear one more idgit tell someone else to "wake up!" - i'm in the mood to say, stand right there cuz i'm gonna see if i can still sling a cast iron fry pan with accuracy... yep, i'm in a mood...

...if i read one more "i'm a psychopath" or "i'm an alien hybrid" op - i'm in the mood to wish i had the power to throw a lightening bolt right straight to their butts... you got it, i'm in a mood...

...if i hear one more spoiled brat whining that they only got a $100.00 xmas present from their boss instead of their usual $250.00 - i'm in the mood to wish i could take everything away from them and then say "now you have something REAL to complain about"... i'm in that kind of mood...

...i'm in the mood to wish i could give a full lobotomy to everyone who voted for gwb TWICE and still thinks he was a good prez... i'm in a mood, o'yeah...

...i'm in the mood to wish i could tattoo IDIOT across the foreheads of anyone who believes that obama is any better or worse of a prez than all of the willing puppets of the mucky mucks that went before him... yep, i'm in a mood...

...i'm in the mood to wish i could cause the earth to split open and swallow everyone who believes sarah palin is viable candidate for anything... i'm in a mood, you betcha...

...i'm in the mood to wish i could permamently detach the fingers and tongues of all the fake journalists who work for msm... you got it, i'm in a mood, o'yeah...

...more than anything, i'm in the mood to pull your leg...

edit on 1/1/11 by Wyn Hawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
reply to post by 46ACE

Are the American people more divided or have you just heard that so often on television in the past years that you actually believe it. I think the American people are becoming more and more aware of the situation they are in and are infact more and more United.

Can you trust a poll? Can you trust the methods in which we vote? Can you trust the MSM? Can you trust your wife, father, mother, sister or brother when they trust all three? Is the sky blue or does it just look that way some of the time?

I trust my first and only wife of 30 years completely.
I don't put ANY faith in polls ( or msm) as questions can be asked to receive any answer the pollsters are paid to get.

" Have you quit beating your wife yet? 67% yes,31% no; 2%baffled...

I don't see the left/right paradigm as uniting.

I see it here everyday: "if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear .vs other half: "they can't do that its against the law.

"If we didn't have intrusive nanny govt we wouldn't have clean water or safe food to eat".About as far off the polar opposites as we can get and still claim to be on the same continent.
posted a fewdays ago here :" the right is typically "dumber"...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
From all i have read here on ats and other news sources I would venture I can sum up what American's moods are heading into 2011 in one word.

Defeated

It seems, no matter what the american people actually want, they never actually get it.

Corporations and rich people have all the say in our government, 95% of Americans have Zero say in anything.

Not even who we elect since it takes hundreds of thousands of dollars to even run for office. So what you get is two sides of the same coin.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
From all i have read here on ats and other news sources I would venture I can sum up what American's moods are heading into 2011 in one word.

Defeated

Well I can't speak for all Americans, but I won't feel that until I am dead. And, even then, if there is an after-life...well no need to speculate.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I entered the new year extremely depressed...don't know why

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
tenuously hopeful would be accurate.
I'm a just shy of defeated.

We wont change whatever those in charge plan on doing to/for us.
There is too much infighting amongst the population to change things.
Things are not bad enough to affect enough people to organize anything positive.

My hope is that I can hang on long enough to see the infighting stop and the decline of our economy turn around.
I am hopeful, but I am also realistic enough to know that I will probably lose the rest of my savings before I can get back on my feet.

I blame myself for my personal failures even though they were thrust upon me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join