It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Kind Of Mood Are The American People In As We Enter 2011?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Found on Blacklisted News. And this pretty much sums up the thoughts of most people I know.

Original Source

1. The American People Are Dissatisfied With The Economy

2. The American People Have Very Mixed Feelings About Barack Obama

3. Many Americans Will Worship Their Politicians No Matter How Incompetent They Are

4. More Americans Than Ever Have A Negative View Of The Federal Reserve

5. The American People Are Overwhelmingly Against The War In Afghanistan

6. The American People Are Turning Away From God

These are what listed from the article. Please more with reasons and comments as you want.

My additions are the IRS/tax system, and the state of health care in the states.

Thank You.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by barkingdogamato
Found on Blacklisted News. And this pretty much sums up the thoughts of most people I know.

Original Source

3. Many Americans Will Worship Their Politicians No Matter How Incompetent They Are

These are what listed from the article. Please more with reasons and comments as you want.

My additions are the IRS/tax system, and the state of health care in the states.

Thank You.

Sure, there's a lot of bad things about life that suck for people. But C'est La Vie. The way I think about it, in order to appreciate the good in life, you've got to go through the bad things as well. Otherwise, you have no basis for comparison. So the bad things in life are equally as important as the good. Everything's always okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end. Why be such a pessimist and be all doom and gloom? Isn't it better to appreciate what is good instead?

I don't believe in a God, but I don't see what the problem is in that respect. I simply believe that death is the absence of all senses -- total oblivion. That doesn't mean I have to be an asshole to my fellow man and not help out where I can. Besides, this article is totally full of blanket generalizations. There's a lot to be dissatisfied about with our Government and its social / economic policies but I'd rather appreciate what I have now instead of focusing on a potential future.

People should try to remember the past while remaining in the present and worry not about the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now. Focus on that. The United States has been through much worse as a collective whole and we've still survived. One Love.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

7. The American people are asleep.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Huh?

What kind of mood am I in?

Crappy.

Has nothing to do with the upper levels of American politics or ecomomics,

The problems with the bottom, the common folk, average citizenry.

We just can't get along. Bitching about money, screwin over neighbors and fellow business competitors, both small and big...what a cluster frock it is down below.

The top layers of America isn't the problem, it's the bottom where the masses reside.

Obama's never done anything to me, but my neighbor seduced my exhusband, then I had an employer not pay me, I've also been beaten and belittled by mere common folk citizens.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Still a bit angry that I will be spending a good portion of my life paying off the debt the generations before me were kind enough to leave behind. Thanks a lot a holes.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Pretty sure that the during the past oh, I don't know, 50 previous new years, that list really hasn't changed much...just different Presidents and different geographic locations.

But my addition? The continued promotion of government handouts.
edit on 12/31/2010 by Juston because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm concerned over the Us dollar's value being only $0.78 currently. It concerns me when it starts dropping a cent everyday. What can ya do right?

I see a thick fog merging in 2011. People have this grand idea it's gonna be better than 2010 but I don't see that happening. Hope and optimism only go so far before fate and reality kick their teeth in.

Over the past couple years, I've lost more faith in God than I ever thought possible. I still find myself torn between the stories of old, but for the most part, I keep them blocked away. Sad thing about being programmed from birth, is old teaching die hard.

As much as I think 2011 will suck, I do have hopes something spectacular will happen.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

What Kind Of Mood Are The American People In As We Enter 2011

Spot on...though the same could be said for the rest of the world IMO.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It depends on ones circumstances, Millions that our out of work and have lost everything or are in the process are in a foul mood. Millions more are cautiously optimistic things will improve. Still millions of others are nearly oblivious to everything accept thier own selfish pathetic lives and it will take a major incident to get thier attention.

When it reaches a tipping point then we will see a collective mood one way or another.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WraithXV

I'm concerned over the Us dollar's value being only $0.78 currently

Not sure where you got that figure but it is more like $0.03

Must be those gubimint fuzzy figures...

edit on 1-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by barkingdogamato

Original Source

YES! SO TRUE!!!!!

Well, no, I think he's a shmuck,wait, no I KNOW he's a schmuck!!!!!

Only if by worship they mean burning them in effigy?

Gross Understatement

Hmmmm day late and a dollar short on that one there...now we're beyond this to now severely pee-o'd

I don't think this is true...well in my case it's not!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The American people are more divided than I've ever seen in 50+ years.
The rhetoric is mean and hateful:
"racist dumb reptilian limbic- brained redneck teabaggers"
Some would even "give up their liberty for freedom" as the British women said in a AJ's 'movie "terrorstorm".

The American people are trapped. Dissent has been criminalized as "terrorism". We are in the corral and the gate is closing behind us. the fed govt does whatever it wants to do and does it it without discussion under the guise of "keeping us Safe" ( or keeping the economy solvent) which people seem to accept as an o.k. answer for every and any incursion into their lives.
For some reason Congress seems non existant.
edit on 1-1-2011 by 46ACE because: structure

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

7. The American people are asleep.

Here is my mood: labvirus.wordpress.com...

They will pay, dearly.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
My mood: the year of positive changes. Little things most often make huge impact and one's attitude drives it all... 2011 is going to be a good year - whether it wants to be, or not -

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

The American People Are Turning Away From God

With each passing year, it seems as though God becomes even less important to the American people.

Sensational Link

Which god am I supposed to believe in for this "poll"?

Seriously? We are "bad" because of this? The other stuff, maybe, but because I don't believe in one of the many gods?

How unfair! I will pretend to believe in a god (let me know which one I am supposed to believe in to be "good") HA

But perhaps we should all reflect on where we would be as a nation without God as we get ready to start a new year. Perhaps we should remember why we were once the greatest and most prosperous nation on the earth.

I know I would be BETTER OFF if people would stop thinking I was bad, over my thoughts.

Without a god we would not be persecuting our fellow citizens. Without a god we would not care that other believe in a god with a different hat, or different shoes, or different beard. Without a god, people would have to hate me because they hate, not because their god tells them to.

So yeah, as an American, I am pretty miffed. Moral Pushing, that is what pisses me off. And telling me I am bad because I don't believe in a god, well that IS moral pushing. Unless you have some proof that the god you believe in is real, then prove it is the same god as mentioned in the article (thanks!)

I could care less about the rest of it. Green pieces of paper do not concern me, in the least. People cramming their morals down my throat, yeah that concerns me.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I see pretty much everyone (doesnt matter where im at). Thinking for each other,because they are not capable of thinking for themselves. And they dont get any further in life,because of each others "supreme understanding".

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Really,America is a great place to be. For me that is,it just depends who you are. some people enjoy the slums of africa. Or why dont we make a list of the negatives of life in malaysia.

1. random wild animals run into the village and eat us.
2.raw fish is getting old.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whipsandchainsamerica
Really,America is a great place to be. For me that is,it just depends who you are. some people enjoy the slums of africa. Or why dont we make a list of the negatives of life in malaysia.

1. random wild animals run into the village and eat us.
2.raw fish is getting old.

South Africa is nice actually.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Pretty sure a lot of them are just as hungover as the rest of us

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hmm what kind of mood am I in?? Little hungover had a blast of a new years. Work has been busy but steady so able to pay my bills and live decently. Why dont you go worry about some Ukers or Australians for a bit mate??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join