It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Necropolis aka Scavi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Beneath St. Peters Basilica is the Scavi, an underground burial ground with many famous and mysterious tombs.
The most mysterious of all can be found here.
www.saintpetersbasilica.org...
Tomb U.
Web site says it is not viewable due to some fault, the actual reason is that Tomb U is also known as "The Tomb of Lucifer" these are not my words or my interpretation, they are the words of the Vatican.
They make reference to red walls and you can actually get a glimpse of a red symbol on the wall outside the tomb during the virtual tour.
Anyone else have information on Tomb U please post, this is very interesting stuff.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Probably less interesting than you would hope, but it's the tomb of a curiously named 4th century Bishop.

See www.newadvent.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Probably less interesting than you would hope, but it's the tomb of a curiously named 4th century Bishop.

See www.newadvent.org...

Thank you, I knew none of this and it gives me a point of reference as I search for more information about this "Lucifer". One question though, why is his tomb below St. Peters among the Popes and royalty? It seems he was not well liked and so this seems a little odd.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by adjensen

See www.newadvent.org...

Thank you, I knew none of this and it gives me a point of reference as I search for more information about this "Lucifer". One question though, why is his tomb below St. Peters among the Popes and royalty? It seems he was not well liked and so this seems a little odd.

You've got me, I have no idea. If I was making a guess, I'd say that he died in a time before people were really hung up on the bones of the dead saints, he was a virulent supporter of the church, and that the circumstances of the moment when he died meant that sticking him in there was a reasonable thing to do. By the biography I linked to, if he had issues, it was with his zealotry for the church, rather than heretical teaching that had him out of sync with church hierarchy.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Very interesting stuff, would love to take the tour some day. In the meantime here is a link to a very cool virtual tour of the necropolis. You can use your mouse to navigate the tombs. When you get to Lucifers tomb (Tomb U)
there is a picture on a red background of a man with wings on a horse. The caption says the entrance to the tomb is blocked.
www.vatican.va...

new topics

top topics

join