It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices, Footsteps, Warnings In Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Since I found this forum I would like to share some experiences and gather sensible opinions about things I have experienced in my home.

I have never really believed in ghosts as in people who die come back. I have always believed that there are things that exist we can not always see. When I was little I would sometimes walk into rooms and feel like I would die if I didn't leave right then. Lightbulbs would and sometimes still will blink out and come back on when I drive under or walk near them. But I always figured there was a good reason for any of the above and wrote it off.

6 years ago we purchased a house. It started one evening when my sister in law was helping me paint prior to moving in. I was in the other room and she started hollering at me. I came in and she is still sitting on a box with paintbrush in hand white as a ghost claiming she felt me behind her, turned to talk and noone was there. I told her she was crazy.

Fast forward to living here. Cabinet doors have flung open that fit tightly shut. locked doors have popped open and I can not recreate it. Footsteps are heard frequently in the kitchen along with the vibrations you can feel when a heavier person walks through here. I have heard my husbands voice talking to me when he is not here. He has heard mine when I am not here. A few years ago I had pnuemonia and didn't realize it until I had an 8 day ICU stay. My husband woke me from a dead sleep (almost literally) to tell me to get up he was taking me to the er. Later he explained that he felt pushed to do so. I'm not complaining.

We still have experiences but I never "feel" like I am in danger or that whatever it is, is evil. If that makes sense.

We found out about a year after we bought the house the guy who had it before did pass away in here and was not found for about a week. I don't believe that is the reason behind any of this but I am open to your opinions! Any ideas as to what it is, why it is here and who else has experienced this?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Try to get info on the house and land it was built on. Sounds haunted. You may want to get a paranormal investigator to check the place out. You could try taking pictures of the rooms where there have been unexplained occurences. Sometimes things show up in the pics after you take them. You could leave a tape recorder on at night and replay it in the morning to see if it picks up anything.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It could very well be the man who died in the house. He wasn't discovered for a week, and when you were very ill, your husband had that strong urge to take you to the hospital. Maybe the gentleman that died there was looking out after you.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'd also set up [If you have one] a Video camera in an attempt to capture those cabinet and doors opening and or closing. Let that run day and night and review it daily.

Save any that show motion.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

It's funny you say that since recently we were watching Ghosthunters and I told my husband we should try that. Then we discussed how we would feel if we actually saw/heard someone really doing things to a point that we could not just kind of ignore. He is absolutely terrified. He doesn't even like to discuss it. He watches too much Chiller.

I have told " it" to quit walking when it goes on and on. It listened. Yes I know how crazy that sounds. lol

I believe I will do a search on the land and see what pops up though. Thanks for yhat. I am not sure why I haven't done it yet. Fortunately I don't feel that it is "malevolent".

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Thanks NightStar. You gave good ideas in both posts. I'll take all the help I can get any day no matter the diminsion or entity it comes from.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
You may have remedy - I think that's what lawyers call it - if the death in the house was not disclosed prior to sale.

I'm like your husband - I don't think I'd want to video anything, and especially not try doing the EVP sessions.

Sometimes it's better to toss it off as imagination rather than verify that it isn't.

But that's just me.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That is an idea and one to try when the husband is out of town. If anything more than has happened was caught on tape he would never set foot here again. I would be scared myself to see an apparition or the like on video too. Even though I know something is occuring if I saw it or it touched me I am not sure how I would react at first.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
You may have remedy - I think that's what lawyers call it - if the death in the house was not disclosed prior to sale.

That all depends on the State they live in and most likely wouldn't be [Believe it or not] the Realtor responsibility. I sold Real-estate for about 7 years and although laws do change from State to State, the majority have a non disclosure reg on the books. That prevents certain legal issues of having the house being Stigmatized property etc. FYI

She should have researched the property's history prior to settlement
edit on 1-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

I'm like your husband - I don't think I'd want to video anything, and especially not try doing the EVP sessions.

Sometimes it's better to toss it off as imagination rather than verify that it isn't.

But that's just me.

We checked and found we did have options considering the land and house. It was a private sell by the widow. She offered to refund and buy out the rest of the loan. But we have lived here for almost 7 years and have never felt unsafe or terrified. We decided to keep the house within the first year.

And geez.... I don't think I would ever do an evp here. Those actually do really freak me out when I see them play on tv. I have heard loud voices here but can not ever distinguish what was being said if that makes sense. One would think if they are loud you could understand. Not here.
I will leave that area as better left alone!
edit on 1-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: To clarify

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well at least it seems to be a good ghost, so that's one less worry. Do keep us up-dated on what you discover and experience.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Will do. We just had a fairly new library built here for that type of thing. That is where I will start.
Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

join