It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Religion Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here's a radical theory...I don't BELIEVE this but its an idea nevertheless...maybe its ignorant but what they hey...nobody knows anyways...

Suppose us humans are just an experiment. The religions and their characters were purposely sent by the HIGHER ORDER to deceive us.
Why would the higher beings want to decieve us? I don't know...perhaps they had a certain trait they wanted to "keep" in the fold...In other words, this world is what I'd call Testing Ground.
Maybe thats why so many details and historical documents are lacking on the different religious figures...There testing us to see if we'd just accept things as fact and stop questioning OR would we admit we don't know anything yet and continue looking.
The GREAT SCIENTISTS wanted to see what our reactions would be. Would we use our minds or would we be duped.
Think about all the wars, seperation, and deaths religions have caused...Could they be just a device of some higher being in order to weed out some people.
PS: Religious folks-don't get offended, its only an crazy idea and it goes against a lot of my own beliefs

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Interesting point ksoze, I have often wondered the very same thing, maybee religion was a set of guidelines handed down from "whatever" to a smart human at one time, he/she might have been so wowed to talk to others about it, but maybee the others came from far away and were not fluent in this smart humans language. Maybee they came away with the main idea but had their own ideas about the story and took them home, most religions are not realy that different, and maybee these wars that have been fought over religion due to not knowing the first story. Just a thougt thanks for your post.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What you're suggesting is basically my interpretation of fate. Some faraway God writing out a script and making us dance around on his little stage called earth, acting out a stupid play for his own delight.

But that's just me, and that's why I don't believe in fate.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Do some research on the Anunnaki. Now, I don't believe the idea myself, but it's a rather interesting area of study.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I've read up on the anunnaki theories. Like yourself Rev, i don't believe them...One person in particular by the name of Sitchin doesn't express any credentials to show that he in fact knows how to read the mesopotamian tablets...he likes to invent new meanings for words so they fit his story...
Thanks for the responses...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It make no sense for a god to spend his time playing games with humanity, how about Aliens being playing like god with humanity, that make more sense to me

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Marg, if aliens are toying with us then that will beg the question....why would god allow us to be toyed with by a bunch of ET's...he could get rid of a few aliens quite easily (if they exist)...
Most of us who believe in god are under the assumption that he is looking after our best interests...we want to believe that...Personally, I want to BELIEVE that also...I hope I have BELIEVED right, but belief doesn't come with assurance...
Practically noone in there right mind would think god COULD be playing some kind of game with us. What if we are just Trial run #4 in a long batch of experiments. Where Trial one to three were done on another planet and they were failures because they didnt evolve to higher thinking and so they ended up killing themselves via their own ignorance...of course, nobody wants to hear that because that reduces us humans to just an experiment...but an experiment thats responsible for there own outcome...
Lots of things do not make sense...For instance, the world was made and then us humans end up down here...That doesn't make sense considering what we've done to this planet...God or whatever one wants to call "THE" has allowed us to practically destroy his planet. ...Were we left here to learn and perhaps pass some test that we aren't aware of?...What other reasons would require "god" to stand by and let us destroy what he made?...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Or what if we lived in the Matrix. And that these Gods are the controllers of the Matrix, and the sentient programs.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Very simple because if God just put us in earth to play a game, then we to him are expendable.

My theory is like this, the planets the Universe is a stage, human live in earth and consciousness was give to man by a creator, but he also gave us free will and what we do with free will is for human beings to choose, if we kill ourselves in the process, I believe is more of us from where we came from.

If we were the creation of one God with one planet then this God will do everything in his incredible power of creation to keep us from harm, happy, pain free, war free, hunger free, sickness free and immortals.

The reason why this is not happened is because we as a race are to our creator expendable and replaceable.

This is just an oppinion and I Im not trying to start any dabates this is just a theory and a personal oppinion.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
guys i dont know if that might help but, God is not a separated being, living somewhere else in the universe. He is not a man nor a woman. and It isnt a humanoid either. God is the source of everything (love) Thats a force or an energy that flows in each human hearts, or in anything as a matter of fact. God is everywhere, at the same time. thats include our planet, as well as other galaxies.

-- and yes you do not have to believe this --

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I like to think of our planet as a womb or maybe even a nursury for our astral souls. God is our father, and the Earth is our mother. Basically, Macro and Microcosm ideas, since when born into the material realm we have both a mother and a father that are responsible for nurturing us into respectful and critical thinking young adults. Our bodies are simply vehicles that our souls inhabit during our preschool years until the time we are graduated or born into the next stage of development. Symbols that also correlate to this are animals like the butterfly, that has a distinct catepillar stage followed by the Angelic butterfly. I don't think it's all just a test, but rather a learning experience that can only be realized in this 3D physical universe, and essential to become one with the creator, our true Father.

cheers,

StickyG

new topics

top topics

join