It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one become a Forum Moderator?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
To be a regular moderator,you must meet specific criteria-1- wear your trousers up above your belly button almost to your pectoral muscles,and 2- be a big fan of jim nabors music,and own every episode of gomer pyle digitally remastered on dvd.To be a super moderator,you must 1- have a wraparound hairdo,you cant have more than 5 strands of hair, but they must cover the entire top of the head,and 2-be willing to do anything asked of you by the bosses,including washing thier cars or skimming thier pools...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
I love it when the mods come out to play...

Although I get wierd looks from my family for laughing so much at my computer.....

WestCoast, I'm having that exact same problem right now!

Originally posted by Hefficide
Just for the record, despite rumors to the contrary, sacrificing a goat, in a pentagram, chanting all the moderators and admins names in Latin, while dressed as a ballerina does not work.

I tried twice and NOTHING.

You are really too funny! If I did have a vote for a new mod, it would be you. I always enjoy your posts.

OiO

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I want to know how super Mods are created... Are they Moderators bitten by a radioactive ATS users, exposed to radioactive material, or are they just born Super Moderators, oh do you guys get like a bat symbol shone in the sky when your services are needed?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Nah. It comes doun to havin exlint camaned of the Englesh wurd putingotgetherness. And usin rellysmartsownding big wurds so yu can sound realy smartified and inpresseverone.

Peeeceable.............yak055h

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Wait, you just compared ATS Moderators to the Pope?

Sheesh, we're much more restrictive than that guy....

But seriously... I don't wanna be serious!
(above comment inserted to placate people who don't like silly mods.
)

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You must be knowledgeable in ALL Makers Mark Lore, know how to pour one properly and NEVER ASK to be one... (one WHAT?)

Or...

You have to be kuyveqkufdqbvwucyfv53412kwsms02p wqyh

Springer...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
You must be knowledgeable in ALL Makers Mark Lore, know how to pour one properly and NEVER ASK to be one... (one WHAT?)

Hint For The Membership - Rum trumps Makers Mark every single day...

Or...

You have to be kuyveqkufdqbvwucyfv53412kwsms02p wqyh

Wish I had a clue like this when I was searching for the first checkpoint...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
To become a Forum Moderator, you must meet another Moderator on a fair field of battle, both swords drawn, at ten paces. If you are either skillful or fortunate enough to defeat a current Moderator, you must take his head, at which time his energies, years, and forum duties will be transferred to you in a burst of lightning and thunder. This shall continue until there is only one Moderator. There can be only one.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well you must be of the type of character that is okay with making children cry when you take their candy away...

Because you will be zapping threads from these kids and bursting their balloon...

So a Mod must above all else be ruthless... even if they are really nice away from the keyboard

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well you must be of the type of character that is okay with making children cry when you take their candy away...

Because you will be zapping threads from these kids and bursting their balloon...

So a Mod must above all else be ruthless... even if they are really nice away from the keyboard

Why do these rules remind me of my first training manual.

Now lets see who posted this...oh right, its Zorgon, should have realized it

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I have been and am a moderator on many forums. It's not a job anyone should "want" to have. I would say some main requisites probably are having lots of time to spend on the forums, being intimately familiar with all of the forum rules, and being fair and impartial in enforcing the rules. It may seem "cool" to have the "power" to do things that normal users cannot, but if you want to do it for the coolness or the power, than it's not the job for you.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Well, yes I am. I base this off of the responses and from other forums, where people asked how to become a moderator, and it seems to be the only logical answer that I can see as being how one would become a moderator.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Just for the record, despite rumors to the contrary, sacrificing a goat, in a pentagram, chanting all the moderators and admins names in Latin, while dressed as a ballerina does not work.

~Heff

Next time try silver lame and platform heels.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Hint For The Membership - Rum trumps Makers Mark every single day...

Fact For The Membership - 'Shine makes both of 'em seem like drinking 3-day-old dishwater.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The last thing I remember clearly of life "on the Outside" was walking along the sidewalk to the local cafe...when out of nowhere a black unmarked van with tinted windows pulled up, a pillowcase descended over my head, and I was thrown in the back of the vehicle.

All I remember about the ride to "the facility" was hearing Rush - 2112 play at least 17 times on what I assume to be an old 8-track...

I still have no idea where I am.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

You got a van ride?!?

They stuffed me into the trunk of a sub-compact...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

~Heff

Next time try silver lame and platform heels.

Pix, or it never happened!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
They stuffed me into the trunk of a sub-compact...

Other than a Harley, it's the only vehicle that could get through the thick bush to your cabin.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

No,no, dear,it is black lace with 5" spikes

Remember to wear the thigh highs...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
No,no, dear,it is black lace with 5" spikes

Remember to wear the thigh highs...

You told.

You said you wouldn't.