It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Big To Fail - It needs to be STOPPED - NOW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I suppose the most glaring inconsistency about the whole 'Too Big To Fail' excuse that the government gave to us is the simple fact that they have done nothing to eliminate the argument. They have not, nor have they ever even mentioned proposing a plan to eliminate the too big to fail excuse. There are no political leaders in Washington and virtually none in any other part of the world who have proposed making the too big to fail banks smaller.

There is no proposal to break them up, to make the entities small enough so that their failure or success would depend solely upon market forces and the ability of their managers. In fact the actual result of bailing out the banksters that said they were too big to fail is that all of them became larger.

The money that was stolen from the people was used to pay off bad gambling debts, dole out billions of dollars in bonuses, and contrary to the expressed purpose of freeing up credit markets what money was left was used to actually increase the big banks portfolios - making them even bigger.

When all of the bailouts are added up the cost in America alone to the taxpayers, as stated in the video, is approximately 23 trillion dollars, TARP represents only 2% of that. Whether or not the TARP funds are ever paid back is insignificant when compared to the total.

What we have here is an out of control gambling machine that is not allowed to lose, not allowed to fail or sacrifice the standard of living of the elite members of society. The ruling class will never allow the ruling class to lose their own money - so they take the money from the rest of us to pay their bad debts - and proceed with their drunken orgy of extravagance as if nothing had ever happened.

This is not the failure of the capitalist system, this is the capitalist system not being allowed to work because the elite have put a strangle hold on the common man to maintain their position as the ruling class win, lose, or draw.

There is no fairness in this world, no justice, justice means JUST US and if you are not one of them you have no more significance than the germs that are wiped off of a toilet bowl when it gets cleaned.

This thread demands that "Too Big To Fail' gets broken up, that people make an issue out of the question - Why haven't the too big to fails been broken up yet! Until this is an issue to the common man, as we have seen, we will be pillaged again and again until our grandchildren's grandchildren will still be held down by the economic bondage that we have allowed them to put upon us.

There has not been a thread specifically calling for the elimination by law of 'Too Big To Fail' or the importance of the absolutely devastating social consequences of this concept in recent history when this is one of the most important subjects in the world that needs to be addressed so I do hope this isn't relegated to the trash bin because somebody might have mentioned it 3 years ago.

This is not just a fleecing of the citizens of the United States, this is a world wide fleecing, a world wide economic enslavement that all begins with the concept of "Too Big To Fail' - and in every single case the citizens, the poor, are the ones that have to pay for it so that the banksters don't have to 'take a haircut' and the elite don't have to worry about maintaining their standard of living.

I'd like to give them a 'HAIRCUT' - the kind of haircut the French people gave them about 200 years ago!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

All our political leaders are wusses (except for Ron Paul). But than again, I'll believe more in Ron Paul when he's given a chance to walk the talk.

It's not that their too big to fail, it's politicians don't want to lose the campaign $$$ they get from these big corporations. It's the behind the scene "willing and dealing" that us "peons" don't get to see.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yes that is correct.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It's probably already too late. With the constant printing of dollars it is only a matter of time before the world no longer considers the dollar a suitable reserve currency, and at that time, probably in 2011, there will only be hyperinflation in the U.S., and all hell will break loose.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
No there isn`t going to a `way out` or `cure` to the disaster that the US is in, and the American citizens need to actually wake up and realize that instead of just ignoring the fact the entire country went bust back in 2008. It`s almost as if this subject is just being ignored because people don`t want to face the reality.

I am from Canada, and months ago I watched on the National News broadcast on CBC a report clearly stating a financial comeback for the United States is highly unlikely at this point as there has been no progress made at all in rebuilding the nations economy and it has continued to accumulate debt since the beginning of the global meltdown. Those were pretty much the exact words that were said.

I now understand why Canada has managed to stay afloat and the USA sunk in this recession, and that it was smart and separated itself from the USA in key sectors years ago in preparation for the US`s economic bust that was probably foretasted years ago by anyone on the outside in the banking or financial industries looking in.

If the USA`s closest ally, Canada is broadcasting on it`s national news program that the USA is not going to have a comeback and to invest in other nations, then I`d say that`s a pretty good indicator of where the US stands. It`s busted, and it`s citizens just seem to look more and more like a heard of sheep everyday. At least over in the UK they are protesting, what are they doing in the US?

I am not trying to bash the USA as I love it, or I should correct that and say I love what I thought the country was and what it stood for. No one seems to care enough to be doing anything, and rather are choosing to live in a state of ignorance regarding their counties own future like they have always been said to be ignorant about the rest of the world. Well this is one time where you can`t be ignorant, and you actually have think for yourselves for once instead of just believing in the `All Mighty Red, White, and Blue` cause you know what? Those colored stripes sold you down the river a long, long time ago.....
edit on 1-1-2011 by loagun because: typo

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

I couldn't agree with you more. The old red, white, and blue nostalgia is better than a drug for putting people to sleep here. You couldn't pay the average person to even consider the truth. They're all living in some fantasy world where they think things will always get better, like the Jews that were living in Germany while Hitler was rising in power. These people are stuck in some mind set where anything but what it's always been will not even be considered and all the evidence in the world can not get them to wake up.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Bravo it is actually very refreshing to see a American agreeing on this subject. Even though with everything being said about the USA, and it`s annoying characteristic of how it prides itself on basking in ignorance, I still hoped that someway there would be a comeback. I mean even in the American media it loved to build up stars, and then knock them down only to revel in a glorious comeback. This is something you created, and it`s sad the USA really is looking as bad as all the other countries are saying it is.

Remember when your media tore apart Britney Spears, and no offered to help her, but rather created an industry on destroying her mental health, and the whole world watched her mental health crumble while she was unaware of it herself? Hmmm, something to think about.... The whole world is watching the US go down, and preparing for it best as they can while the US citizens seem to be oblivious of the 51-50 Hold they are currently being held under, or even that they were being carted away by ambulance which turns out isn`t going to make to the hospital anyways.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This movie should be watched by everyone, especially Americans...

Zeitgeist www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
It's probably already too late. With the constant printing of dollars it is only a matter of time before the world no longer considers the dollar a suitable reserve currency, and at that time, probably in 2011, there will only be hyperinflation in the U.S., and all hell will break loose.

Quantitive easing has to be the most arrogantly stupid economic policy of all time!

Unless taken to the extreme of printing a million currency units per capita and then giving that money away to every countryman to spend as he wills, it's a policy that is doomed to fail.

Stimulus package? Slippery slope!

It's so dodgy it's laughable. High risk rollers, these printers of MONOPOLY money.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here is the purest irony of "Too big to fail"... we have laws, rules and regulations against anti-trust and monopolies. In fact, Ma Bell had to be dismantled to maintain compliance with such laws. Now, we just throw tax-payer dollars at these monopolies citing them as too big to fail when in reality the only way forward is FOR them to fail!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich

I suppose the most glaring inconsistency about the whole 'Too Big To Fail' excuse that the government gave to us is the simple fact that they have done nothing to eliminate the argument. They have not, nor have they ever even mentioned proposing a plan to eliminate the too big to fail excuse.

Your statement is false, there was an attempt by teh democrats to force various companies to split apart when they got "too big to fail" but it was removed from the FInacial reform act that passed.
.Bliame the banks that lobbied for it's closure.

new topics

top topics

join