It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY DON'T PEOPLE READ BEFORE THEY POST!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
.I hate this!!! My post has been sitting there for 20 minutes and then someone will make the next post and say the exact same thing!! Or how about when the same issues keep repeating over and over again because no one ever cares to look back over previous posts...If you care enough about the topic to say something, then read over what's been said before you say it....
:bnghd:...........

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Because they are answering the question that was first stated. You get true feelings this way.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Because they are answering the question that was first stated.

I agree with you here, and that's something I usually do also - but when I do, I'll quote from another member who posted something similar and say..."Hey, I agree with you here, but not here"

To say the exact same thing as someone else said several pages, or even one or two posts back, just throws the conversation into an endless cycle of regurgitated mush

I think the greatest thing about a message board is that new ideas are always being brought up and old ideas can always be viewed, but why keep saying the same thing over and over again and make those of us that have already mentioned the same things left out...usually it's someone who's been here on ATS longer that will do this and it's kind of like trampelling over someone else's original remarks...the polite thing to do is agree with the original poster and thing of something inivating to say for your side of the arguement, or what have you....

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
AARRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

People are doing it more and more!! Read the damn thread and if you think you got something valuable to say then say it....but don't post the same thing someone posted two spots up!!!!!!!!! Especially when there's more than a 30 minute gap between each post, so that rules out people double-posting.....

[Edited on 8/31/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
And another thing!!! WHY DON'T PEOPLE READ BEFORE THEY POST!!!!

Got to admit, I sometimes take quite a while to compile a response. I'm sort of dyslexic (word sequences, not letter seqences) and if I don't double, triple, and quadruple check everything I end up with sentences all garbled! Quite a few still get through as you may have noticed, hence the edit marks at the bottom of 99% of my posts!

By the time I hit post, the conversation has often moved a couple of pages further on!

It does annoy me a little though when someone asks a question on page 5 of a thread when it has already been answered on pages 2,3 and 4. :bnghd: :bnghd: :bnghd:

[Edited on 31/8/04 by muppet]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
And another thing!!! WHY DON'T PEOPLE READ BEFORE THEY POST!!!!

lmao....yeah - maybe I should have just done an innocent *bump*

See....I can understand where you're coming from....and if it's like maybe a full page or two pages later, then yeah - Although sometimes if I think I'm taking to long to post I'll look over the thread before I hit "post reply", but then again, that's probablly considered a bit obssesive compulsive...lol

But I've seen it happen so many times....like look at this thread for example.....

Maybe it's little kids who don't like to read....maybe it's someone who just wants to put their opinion in real quick on a 20 page thread...but at some point maybe a mod who's been following the conversation could say - been there, done that, here's the link - Of course that's the ideal solution to any problem...I dunno - just annoys the heck out of me when I posted a question at say 5:00pm and four posts down someone asks the same question at 7:15pm....

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
.I hate this!!! My post has been sitting there for 20 minutes and then someone will make the next post and say the exact same thing!! Or how about when the same issues keep repeating over and over again because no one ever cares to look back over previous posts...If you care enough about the topic to say something, then read over what's been said before you say it....
:bnghd:...........

Hm, kinda sounds like my thread about the stupid Bush Bashing threads that keep getting repeated. Join me...JOIN ME!

*Rubs hands togeather evily.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well I tried hard to keep up with threads that interest me the most but sometimes I lose track and just post the opinion and hope for the better.

So if I have repeated my self before I apologize for that.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sometimes I'm offline for a day or so and when I get to it, it's already 5 or 6 pages long. I'll begin reading, but if it turns into a bitch session or people doing the same old headache inspiring "bash volley", I lose interest and just skip to the end to see the most recent few comments. It's also hard to wade through a multi-page thread when someone puts up long involved (and sometimes very dry) research data or something. It's like reading a book to get to the gist of it. Maybe some people just plain give up and throw their opinion on, then start reading it from that point.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Or maybe it's a conspiracy against YOU!!! I forgot this is a conspiracy site, too.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You know I really like red meat. The bloodier the better.

Wait, what was this thread about? I wasn't paying attention.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Scuba diving in huge barrels of sand....your experiences and tragadies...we may just may have enough to make the sequel to "open water"..."unsifted sand"...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You know I really like red meat. The bloodier the better.

Is it wrong to like the taste of blood?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

I suppose that opinion would depend on which end of the fork you are on.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

I suppose that opinion would depend on which end of the fork you are on.

Intresting I never tried blood on a fork.

top topics

join