It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cigarettes are awesome!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I just bought a pair of electronic cigarettes, one for me and one for my girlfriend and they are great. There is no real point to the thread but when in the store buying these devices the man behind the counter of the smoke shop went on and on about how everyone is trying to shoot this technology down, from the FDA to cigarette companies and local governments. I found it very weird that something that is extremely healthy compared to regular cigarettes and doesn't have any ill effects from second hand smoke is getting such a bad rap. This is helping people rid themselves of the old fashion smoking habit by replacing it with a new better system. I understand there is a lot of money involved due to losses the cigarette companies will suffer once this becomes mainstream but all dynasties must fail at some point.
Well I haven't smoked a normal cigarette in 4 days now and I have been smoking for 20 years, about a pack every two or three days, and I have found a new found benefit from this.
What are your views if any on this?

Reporter

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Glad they worked for you! That is wonderful. I have tried a similar kind and they did nothing for me.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks mate.
Ya, they don't want the e-smokes to work well because there is huge business in cigarette tax.

I am wanting to quit smoking (I am but I am not if you know what I mean). I had a e-smoke before, but it didn't really satisfy the cravings...did make it a bit easier.

Perhaps there is a specific type of e-ciggy that works better. I will give it another go.
Hell, if I could get down to just a few real cigarettes a day, that would be great.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yeah there are different e cigs that are better or worse... I personally haven't tried them but I researched them and found there to be a ton of different ones.. When and if I decide to buy them I already have all the reviews and pretty much figured out which ones would work best..

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I just ordered some from Volcano. They actually have 3 flavors that have been produced in the US instead of China, if that is a concern.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've found them wonderful... can now e-smoke where ever and when ever I like, which has been brilliant.. be in on a plane or at a restaurant
not been not smoking for 3 months now, which is great as I spent a year failing on all the other types of products..

I started on the super high nicotine strength and now on a high strength one, had to work through small bottles of different nicotine brands/flavours to find the one that I not only liked but that worked for me... fortunately the people I deal with in the UK have lots of brands with hundreds of flavours/strengths..

I even e-smoke at my desk at work and everyone is "pleased" for me, which feels a lot better than the negatives society now attach to smoking, all in all it has been very positive for me

Wishing you all a happy and joyfull new year..
edit on 31/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I have an Njoy Classic, it was rather cheap at 25 bucks, and I like it. It's not exactly the same as smoking, but I think it's decent. Big Tobacco, hand in hand with the FDA want to stop them, because it's all about money and control. And denial of freedoms.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I am very interested! Can you tell me where to buy and what brands were the best? Or flavors I mean...

Also what is the price and will it be worth my money?

Did you continue to have real cig cravings? Withdraw symptoms? Tell me everything.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

the op got the right one funny im vaping on one right now if you hit up the web site www.totallywicked-eliquid.com... thats the 510 tornado its the best check out utube and do some looking into it. for those of you who tryed an e cig and it didnt work out for ya i will tell ya they are not all the same some realy suck. o and get you some tobacco flavored juice to start you out. no it dont taste like a real cig but after 3 day you will be gald it dont
o and for the op there are upgrade for what you got there on the site i posted check out the tornado MEGA atty and carts enjoy the vaping brother
edit on 31-12-2010 by amtarcher because: added thoughts

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by amtarcher

So how much does it cost?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I had quit smoking a while back, but I'd occasionally smoke, usually when drinking with buddies. But I did start on oral tobacco a while back, long after I'd regularly smoked, Swedish snus, and later was open to try dip and chew. My new years resolution was/is to quit the oral tobacco, I do still use nasal snuff. But I meant to say, I was reluctant to get an e-cig in the past, because they were very expensive, and I heard all these stories about liquid and atomizers and all these difficult problems, so I never did get one. It was when I did notice online the prices coming down, and maybe a month or two ago, I walked into a local tobacco/cigarette shop and asked about them, and they had a few, I wasn't nor am a regular smoker, so I didn't want to spend much, and they had this Njoy Classic for 25 dollars, it contained 2 cartridges, the batter(white body of the cig) a USP charger, so I thought that was a good price, and these do not have liquids or atomizers whatever, it's a self contained cartridge that simply screws onto the battery/cig body, and that's it. Now I haven't tried other brands, but to me, this works fine and was not expensive in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here is a thread I found about the e-cigarette. Sounded good, so I ordered a starter kit. I am going to start today. Will let you know how it goes.

www.healthjournalusa.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishLass

I found them really helpfull...
Hope you do as well

Good luck

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thanks guys - I ordered the starter kit! I tried to quit in October, made it a month and then I was really freaked out over making my first Thanksgiving day turkey & gave in

Turkey turned out awesome. Thanks for the link Lass!

new topics

top topics

join