It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***The Music Industry Exposed***

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

As someone who's been trying to get into the music industry for the last 10-11 years of my life, I'm very interested in your experiences.

Did you want to know the groupie and road stories or this "NWO" crap in the OP?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

You do not want this life, trust me when I say this as it stands now you have total and final control over your life. Do not ever trade anything for fortune and fame.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
If fools would stop worshiping ( worship in a real sense of the word) entertainers they'd have no power to influence anyone. People just give their power away like its nothing and allow strangers the power to influence them, tell them whats important, and manipulate their emotions. Id like to know when this nonsense became the norm? Ask our grandparents and great grandparents.. actors and entertainers were looked upon with disgust over their lifestyles and not emulated or worshiped once upon a time.

Me? I LIKE bands like Black Label Society and etc.. worship them, emulate them, hang on their every word or allow them to choose what I purchase or what my priorities are? Nope. What kind of fool allows that? I can tell you : the majority of our population. We're obsessed with actors, athletes, and musicians.. pretty weird if you ask me.

If there is anything to this illuminati stuff, its only there because they saw an opportunity and an easy vehicle to reach people. It couldnt be done if the foolishness wasnt already there.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

lol, well, more the NWO stories I'd figure, had enough road and groupie stories to last me for a little while yet haha

It's just interesting though because I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid or not but I feel (like most musicians) that my songs and music should be out there but every time I begin to record them it's as if fate is preventing me.

I had a few songs half finished on the home studio of an old high school friend and then he started getting distant with me (conveniently after signing with a local independent label I'd never heard of before months earlier) and acting like he knew everything about the business and just seeming as if he was putting off my own songs on purpose so that I wouldn't finish them.

Needless to say, after an online argument after frustrations got the better of me, I haven't seen or spoken to him since even though we live on opposite sides of the same town and within 30 minute walking distance between us.

Also emails I send to studios inquiring about using their facilities to get recorded never get responses even though the sites are updated and I'm emailing the contact address stated on there. Just seems odd.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

lol, well, more the NWO stories I'd figure, had enough road and groupie stories to last me for a little while yet haha

In short, let me say this. I have been in many bands and had some genuine successes. Many times I have had other band members insist on having masonic, satanic or other symbolism present on stage or on our media as a gimmick and trapping, even though the members were not masonic or satanic or anything other than musicians. I have NEVER had anyone in management capacity insist on any such thing, and sometimes they even spoke against it. None of my colleagues have ever spoke of such things either and I've worked with some luminaries in the business. Maybe someone, somewhere is pulling some NWO stuff in the music biz, but from my viewpoint I have neither seen or heard of any such thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
That's why I'm not so quick to jump on it as fact and truth because what I know about music and the music business goes against all the NWO stuff.

It's like, I listen to a lot of Korn because Jonathan Davis sings about hsi own experiences and feelings and a lot of the feelings match what I go through too so I relate to it. Other bands too in fact, I identify with it, I enjoy it. Devin Townsend is an influence on me and my songwriting and his entire debut Strapping Young Lad album came from all kinds of stuff with the song SYL being basically a middle finger to music after having bad experiences touring with Steve Vai. How exactly would the so-called NWO allow something like that and other bands/musicians if they're so willing to control everyone through music?

That's why the only "new world order" I believe in and follow as a fan is the wrestling group of the same name from the mid to late 90s because the conspiracy version just seems laughable in what's written about it. Like the majority of things writt about it are by paranoids with nothing better to do than claim the NWO is behind their beer being warm or something.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Like the majority of things writt about it are by paranoids with nothing better to do than claim the NWO is behind their beer being warm or something.

Agreed. If I had seen anything even remotely close to these NWO claims in music I'd be the first to say so. It just doesn't seem to be there from my viewpoint. The accusers of such things I believe are simply seeing patterns where there are none (pareidolia). However, as I had said, some musicians DO intentionally place symbolism on their media and this could be contributing to this kind of lore.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

In short, let me say this. I have been in many bands and had some genuine successes. Many times I have had other band members insist on having masonic, satanic or other symbolism present on stage or on our media as a gimmick and trapping, even though the members were not masonic or satanic or anything other than musicians. I have NEVER had anyone in management capacity insist on any such thing, and sometimes they even spoke against it. None of my colleagues have ever spoke of such things either and I've worked with some luminaries in the business. Maybe someone, somewhere is pulling some NWO stuff in the music biz, but from my viewpoint I have neither seen or heard of any such thing.

And you won't only if you keep your dignity. Once you are indoctrinated you are told to deny it. I see you are stong willed and very vocal about things hence why you aren't as deep as some would think you are.

I'm sure you've had the talk over "Do not dare grow a brain" and if you have no point in trying to deny it as all entertainers must go through it, Either swear your allegiance to TPTB or else your music won't get put out there. They require sworn allegiance to them before they can begin to discuss your possible "career". I will not reveal how or why but I have participated in the ordering of some of todays most popular artists that if they grow a brain they are dead. You have not ever experienced true fear until you are told that by someone with a blank stare and who looks like they are dead to the world. I would've had friends now be famous but by being in the underbelly on how things truly are this is not the life you want and I didn't want to be put into a predicament whereas I have to order someone I care for to "play the role and shut your trap".
edit on 20-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
There must be more than one puzzle house, classic organizations like the New York Concert Artists Guild can be easily Googled so they do exist. Even competing guilds create connections through shared metaphor. The artists that don't get exposure usually write too esoterically and haven't layered their lyrics to attract a large enough audience.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
I'm sure you've had the talk over "Do not dare grow a brain" and if you have no point in trying to deny it as all entertainers must go through it, Either swear your allegiance to TPTB or else your music won't get put out there. They require sworn allegiance to them before they can begin to discuss your possible "career".

Um... did this happen to you or something? Because it didn't happen to me, and my music was "put out there" and still is out there and I still get fan mail and job offers from it. Also, many of the people in bands I've been in would have no problem whatsoever towing the line of whatever PTB were out there even if it involved NWO or the Masons or the satanists or whoever. The thing is, I've never seen it, nor has anyone I've ever met in this industry. I've only heard about from people who aren't in the industry and tend to have conspiracy obsessions.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Dude, I think your point carries water if you were higher up in the music industry. Theres tons of indie bands out there, etc. that receive the same success that you supposedly have, but not nearly high up enough to control people or make a difference. It's the Jay-Z, Rihanna, Bob Dylan types that are high enough to make a difference, and are thus influenced by TPTB. I have a friend who is a professional musician, and the person above him who finds him gigs, etc. is a pretty big deal in the music industry - an extremely accomplished producer. He has admitted that there is a degree of truth to the symbolism, Illuminati scheme and what not.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit
I have a friend who is a professional musician, and the person above him who finds him gigs, etc. is a pretty big deal in the music industry - an extremely accomplished producer. He has admitted that there is a degree of truth to the symbolism, Illuminati scheme and what not.

Sure, I have friends like that too and I've heard of no such thing. I'm not saying it doesn't exist somewhere but if it does it's so limited that claims of it dominating the music industry are overblown. And again, I've had band members insist on putting such symbolism into the product as a gimmick but never anyone in production or management capacity. Anyway, I'm not here to debunk - someone asked me about my experiences and they seem inconsistent with "illuminati" in the industry.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yeah a drummer friend of mine also sets the drum risers for major European festivals as a second job and gets to mingle with the chart stars plus another friend also has some Grammy winning buddies and all seem to laugh at the Illuminati stuff as being ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

What kind of music do you play?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Yeah a drummer friend of mine also sets the drum risers for major European festivals as a second job and gets to mingle with the chart stars plus another friend also has some Grammy winning buddies and all seem to laugh at the Illuminati stuff as being ridiculous.

Yeah but what do you think they would say? "Oh yeah that's actually true" I doubt they would reveal a major conspiracy to the guy who sets up drum risers haha. Either way, i'm skeptical of the whole thing always. But what would be proof of it tbh?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrno1

What kind of music do you play?

Many kinds.
Various forms of rock, jazz, pop, funk, etc.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

But like I said, my other friend who is close with quite a number of big name Grammy award winning artists have also laughed it off as ridiculous conspiracy.

I know music has been polluted by inherent crap over the years with manufactured BS that all sounds the same but even I don't think the's a major NWO/Illuminati conspiracy with Rihanna and others having to bathe in the blood of an unknown singer and sing the lyrics to Like A Virgin backwards to be granted eternal power and number 1 albums.

Music is like tv and magazine distribution, having the right product at the right time to fill a gap in the market.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
All I have to say is that if the best the illuminati can come up with is Britney Spears and New Kids On The Block, you probably have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't think the symbols are for us. More for those the singers work for and for that matter the artist them selves may have no idea what they mean. Brittany or Rhiana may themselves not be responsable for implanting self loathing mentalities in kids but when combined into a industry theme it becomes overwelming. Like uncle sam apple pie country music.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Did they not sell millions of albums, and garner millions of fans?

Mission accomplished, I'd say.

Also, you say you're in the industry. I have my own ties to the movie and gaming industry. However, just because you are "in the industry" does not mean you are a top tier, platinum artist - which is what these allegations are about.

No "Illuminati," or otherwise, gives a # about anyone garnering less than millions in sales/followers, thus I don't expect you to be privy to any relevant information.
edit on 23-1-2011 by cae33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join