It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threads of 2010 that changed your view on something.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Heya
Well, as 2010 ends and a new year begins, I reflected a bit on some of the threads that truely changed my worldview on something...if only to go from fully accepting something, to truely wondering what I know.

Off the top of my head I remember This one profoundly effecting me:
Stem Cells fight HIV

Not for the actual topic, but someone posted a video in it and asked me to watch. I did, and went from thinking it was fluff nonsense pseudo-science to truely making me wonder what I knew about HIV/Aids to begin with. a grounded belief toasted from sitting down for a hour and listening open mindedly about the subject.

I would say in regards to truely eye opening questioning reality type threads, that may be the only one that truely has made me question my sense of reality for 2010.

So, what are some of your more groundbreaking discoverys that shook your belief system for 2010 threads? Anything? (you can just sum up the topic if you can't be bothered to find the actual thread itself)

Anyhow, happy new years, and may 2011 make all your hearts light and your wallets heavy.
edit on 31-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The existence of multiple universes has been theorised for a while now, we're one step closer in the grand scale of understanding the creation of the universe now imo. It gives more credence to the branes smashing together formation of the universe

Astronomers find first evidence of other universes

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So, what are some of your more groundbreaking discoverys that shook your belief system for 2010 threads? Anything? (you can just sum up the topic if you can't be bothered to find the actual thread itself)

It wasn't so much a "Thread" but a topic for me. The Whole BP thing quite frankly pissed me off.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The Giza Pyramid machines was a great thread, both in terms of the OP's theory and replies that added to the topic as well...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And SDog's Leggo My Ego thread www.abovetopsecret.com... hit a nerve...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
*Interesting:
Mustang Conspiracy
Origins Atlantis/Lemuria

*Entertaining:
New Zealand and Australia out of place
Giant Spaceships Head Toward Earth

*Concerning:
Deepwater Disaster

edit on 31-12-2010 by LucidStorm because: fix link

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I found this thread authored by Maxmars stunningly astute, as he describes the ATS Journey.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I would have to say it was the BP Oil Disaster Threads!!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This one completely blew my mind

All Roads Lead to Rome
If you haven't read it, it's the most amazing thread I have ever seen on this site

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

This one completely blew my mind

Yes, tops indeed, but that's kinda like saying Star Wars (A New Hope) is one of your favorite movies...everyone already knew that.

new topics

top topics

join