It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest unexplainable possibly paranormal event that you have experienced first hand?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Just curious, ill list mine after work
thx

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
One night, must have been about 10pm, my mother and I were sitting in the living room watching tv. My stepdad was asleep on the sofa. You can see the back door to the garden from the living room and the set of keys were always hanging there in the lock and the door remained locked at all times.

Out of nowhere, the keys started jangling violently from side to side for about 30 seconds. Imagine holding the set of keys yourself and shaking them about with all your strength - like that. My mother started crying because she was so scared - I just sat there paralyzed!

Never have I found an explanation for it. There's no way a gust of wind could have come through the tiny hair's-width space in the lock - and it wasn't even slightly windy outside. There was noone else in the house besides us, no pets either. No earthquake, no explosion, nothing out of the ordinary. The only logical explanation would be that an invisible force caused the set of keys to shake.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
One night during sleep paralysis, I was awake, eyes half open, but couldnt move. I saw a small light at about waste level enter my room, I could barely talk but I forced myself to yell "Get the f*ck" out. It left, I was finally able to move. I another time I actually felt something lift the covers and get into the bed, also at that time I was awake yet with sleep paralysis. Not sure if it was my head playing tricks on me, or there was actually something there.
Anyway... Scary sh!t
edit on 31-12-2010 by SirKnightE because: I cant speel

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
About 35 years ago my brother and I were in bed (bunk beds) and we were woken by our bedroom door opening and slamming, opening and slamming over and over again. Our dad came running in to see why we were creating such a ruckus and found me in terror staring at the door along with my little brother (who wet the bed) also staring.
It was never brought up again by any of us, but still stays with me to this day.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nothing

I think I passed something paranormal after I ate that taco.
edit on 31-12-2010 by Segador because: Don't eat Taco Bell.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

Thank you! I LOVE THESE THREADS!!!

I will be back to post my stories, but wanted to thank you for starting the thread beforehand.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I was 9. My brother was ~ 11. We were playing hide and seek in our house. I was the seeker. I was counting to 10, cheating by looking out my doorway, and my brother ran past my room, through our kitchen, and into our guest room. My eyes were locked on the kitchen/ guest room pathway and I shouted "10! Your dead!" I ran straight to the guest room to find it empty. Panic set in immediately and I shouted for my brother. His reply was "I'm not playing your stupid game" (except harsher language was used). I yelled out "Where are you?!?!"
He could tell I was terrified and yelled back "I'm in my room!" He came out of his room and down the hall. We were both extremely creeped out.

edit on 31-12-2010 by Protostellar because: My diagram didn't work out.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Protostellar

I was 9. My brother was ~ 11. We were playing hide and seek in our house. I was the seeker. I was counting to 10, cheating by looking out my doorway, and my brother ran past my room, through our kitchen, and into our guest room. My eyes were locked on the kitchen/ guest room pathway and I shouted "10! Your dead!" I ran straight to the guest room to find it empty. Panic set in immediately and I shouted for my brother. His reply was "I'm not playing your stupid game" (except harsher language was used). I yelled out "Where are you?!?!"
He could tell I was terrified and yelled back "I'm in my room!" He came out of his room and down the hall. We were both extremely creeped out.

edit on 31-12-2010 by Protostellar because: My diagram didn't work out.

OOHHH I love these stories. This sounds like a doppleganger!!!! There's a similar story to yours about a game of hide and seek with a boy and his sister and he swore he saw his sister, but it wasn't her she was somewhere else the whole time, It's on www.paranormal.about.com...
It's under the section on human mysteries I think.
I also love vanishing stories, would love to see one posted here HINT HINT

LOL.

edit on 31-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: edit

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
When I conducted this little experiment:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ok, I have had a lot of things paranormal happen to me.
I had my Uncle either send me a telepathic message or his desperate mind was crying out for help, I don't know, all I know is it was not a premonition, not in any sense of the word, this was more a feeling of hopelessness and desperation, a cry for help. I felt intensely me and my grandad should go there immediately, as we were planning to go anyway, but I kept telling him we needed to go NOW!!!! Of course he didn't listen, about three maybe four hours later we got a call from his wife who returned to find him dead. What I did not know at the time, he had committed suicide by killing himself, when the coroner pronounced his time of death the next day, my grandad asked me how did I know he needed us that he did this at the exact time I pestered him that we needed to go there NOW! I didn't have a clue what to tell him. I just felt it, I could hear him crying out for help.
Ok, so at the time like I mentioned no one told me he committed suicide they said he diied of a cancer and I became older and due to this past thing I posted and more after that of dream premonitions I was constantly having, it got me into the occult big time, so I fancied using the ouija board and asked a friend to spend the night whom I knew darn well owned one and told her to sneak it in when she came (my mother did not want me messing around with a witchboard in her house, her words) anyway My dear friend got it past the Militia(My mother) and asked me what was so important she had to bring it, and I told her "well, I want to talk to my favorite dead uncle" well she explained she would be "purifiying the board" to keep bad spirits from getting through but she also said that I need to ask a set of things I would know that he would only know. So I did this and one of the things I asked when doing this (I asked about his favorite passtime and what he used to do for me, the answers were Trains and Magic tricks, respectively) My friend still wanted me to ask another "test question" so I asked how did he die, now Mind you, I still thought it was a natural death so when he answered he shot himself I said no this is someone else and bid it good bye. My friend told me to ask my mother as she thought I'd jumped the gun, so I did, and sure enough my mother said he shot himself. And then how did I come upon the info. Of course I had to explain how my friend snuck in the board, and my mother was not too happy.
Those are two things...I have a lot more but it would take too much up for one post.
edit on 31-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I woke up in the middle of the night and an alien about 5 feet tall materialized in the room next to my bedroom and walked into my room. Its movements were very fast, very deliberate, and very out of this world. When we walk we move from point A to point B to point C etc. When the alien walked or did anything it moved from point A to point C to point E. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen. When it came up to my bed it immediately, wasting no time, began reaching inside my body with its long slender arms and flat fingers that seemed to be made of an etherical light, but not a bright one. It was doing something with its hands inside my stomach area, but I don't know what. It worked inside my stomach for about all of 2 or 3 seconds. As fast as it was moving what it did in those 2 or 3 seconds would have taken a human 3 or 4 minutes. I need to emphasize that it never opened my stomach up physically but it was able to go inside my stomach without me feeling anything. Like a ghost. When it got done operating, It leaped inside my body and I sat straight up in my bed breathing in a big gasp of air. I was very confused and very afraid to go back to sleep. The whole time it was there I felt near absolute terror. It was only there 10 to 15 seconds total from the time it materialized in my living room to the time it possessed my body. But if a human would have done the same task it did, he probably would have been there for approximately 5 minutes. It may have been a sleep paralysis hallucination but it was the most vivid and detailed hallucination I have ever had.

The next morning, as soon as I woke up, concentric rings of dull white light shot outwards from my body. There were 3 or 4 of them.

I had described the alien to my girl friend but left out the part about the flat fingers and long arms. From the time I met her, she was skeptical about the existence of aliens. One night she had a dream about an alien that she described looked exactly like the one that came into my room except for the skin color. The weird part was she described its flat fingers and long hands and arms, which I clearly remember I never conveyed to her that detail of my own experience.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Ok, here we go...

I've had many many strange things happen to me over the years. I think that's why I'm so interested in the paranormal and such now. I'm not going to write everything, but I'll start off with the most memorable.

A couple days after I turned 14, I was awoken by a terrible thunderstorm at around 5 a.m. The wind was horrible and the thunder was rattling the windows in my house. Sounds like a classic ghost story, but it's true, lol. I had those thick, ugly, black-out drapes over my window, so I couldn't even see the lightning. My door was shut, so my room was pitch black dark. The first thing I noticed was the sound of really heavy breathing. I turned over and there was a girl sitting in front of my closet door. She was on her knees, with her back to me... just sitting there. She had long black hair, was wearing a white t-shirt and cut off jean shorts, as was the style at the time, and a white baseball cap, turned sideways. At first, I thought it was one of my sisters and started to ask why she was in my room in the middle of the night, then I realized that it couldn't be the oldest of my sisters because her hair wasn't dark like the girl in my room. My other sister's hair was that dark, but it wasn't that long, and I remembered that she had spent the night with a friend. So, then I thought, "well, maybe it's my mom," but I knew her hair wasn't that long. The girl started raising her right arm, and moving it like someone would if they were writing with their finger on dust or on fog on a window. When I realized that it was something that SHOULDN'T be there, I FREAKED. I turned over and covered up my head and prayed. I was terrified. As soon as I prayed, I heard something that sounded like the inside of my closet was being torn absolutely apart. The heavy breathing stopped, I turned over and the girl was gone, but I shot out of my room, faster than I've ever moved in my life. My sister was sleeping on the couch in the living room and I woke her up and told her that I had just seen something in my room, and then I went and got my mom. She said I was as white as a sheet. That was probably the most scared I had ever been in my entire life, up until that point. Maybe ever. I hadn't believed in ghosts before that, but that changed in an instant!

Later on, I got to thinking about it and realized, that there was no light in my room at all. I couldn't even see the lightning from the storm, so I shouldn't have been able to see the girl, yet she was right there, plain as day. She wasn't transparent and ghosty looking. She just looked like a person. I did go back later and check to see if anything had been written on my closet door, lol! Nothing was there. I wouldn't sleep in my room for 3 months and when I finally did start sleeping in there again, it was probably 6 more months before I would sleep with the light off. I never slept with the door shut again.

The strange thing is, we were the first to live in that house, so obviously, we would have known if someone had died there, and they hadn't. The land the house is on has been in the family for nearly a hundred a years, and nobody fitting that description has ever died on it. Who knows what happened before then, but this girl was dressed modern. I know that Native Americans used to be here because we find their arrow heads. The girl did have long black hair, but the modern clothing makes no sense. I couldn't explain it then and still can't.

Many other things have happened to me since then, and now, I would LOVE to have that experience, but it definitely terrified me at the time. Now I'm a ghost hunter and probably wouldn't be if stuff like that had never happened to me.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
When I conducted this little experiment:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow, the ghosts sound like dickheads on Xbox Live.
Do you think they play Halo?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

That's crazy dude. sorry about your uncle. I have achieved telepathic communication on two occasions. Once with my girlfriend and then the next day with her dog. It wasn't words conveyed as most people would probably think although I do think communication in that form is possible telepathically. I was able to feel what I can describe as the Essence of who my girlfriend was and what she was feeling at the time. We were both sitting there staring at each other because I felt like I was in the state of mind that if we attempted it we would be successful and we were. Then the next day, I was able to connect with her dog strongly enough that it could feel what I felt. I knew it felt what I felt because I could feel my feelings pressing on the dog. It was like I became the dog, and I became my girlfriend in a weird metaphysical way. I know its hard to understand for most people but I experienced it nonetheless and am convinced of the validity of my experience.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
the weird one for me happened while i was having a party at the house and a closet door opened up and a teddy rolled out. there was around 6-8 people who seen it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

When I was about 17 I woke up in the middle of the night to find an orb hovering over my bed. It was the first time in my life that I ever experienced anything like it. It freaked me out so badly because it was the only thing I couldnt pass off as something else. I could not explain it for the life of me.

The orb was about the size of a grapefruit, colored deep blue, and glowing. The strange thing about the glow was that it seemed to be glowing, but it didnt light anything else up. No light was on the walls or my bed. It hovered about two feet above my chest.

I actually blocked it out of my mind for years, and was just reminded of it recently in an unrelated conversation with my mother. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. I havent experienced anything like it since that night.

That house had a lot of weird things go on in it. There was always random times when there was a loud bang and it would shake the house, but we could never figure out what it was. My mom said she saw a man standing on the porch and looking in. The dogs started freaking out and she calmed them down and went outside to see who it was, and there was noone there. The only thing that is strange about that is there was no footprints in the snow.

And my wife slept in the house recently and had a dream she was being pushed off the ledge upstairs and woke up to hear voices talking.

There was a lot of strange things there, but the blue orb was the scariest thing for me personally.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Protostellar

That's very close to my most recent. I've had a few strange things. This was only a couple of months ago.

I was outside with my 3 dogs, taking them to pee. I have to go out too, because my Shihtzu can fit through the fence. I came back in with the Shihtzu and the Shepherd, leaving the Lab outside. Went straight to the kitchen to give the 2 dogs treats, the Shepherd won't stop barking until she gets her cookie.
I hear a whimper from the storage room, which is both door closed and a mattress in front of the door. Move the mattress, open the door, and there is the Lab, who I had left outside. There was no way into the room, except past the mattress and door.
At least you were able to ask your brother questions. I sure wish my dog could talk. He was acting clingy most of the day after that. So weird.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Nothing.

Is there some secret to this?Do you have to invite spirits in or something?I haven't seen a ghost or anything close to it....but I'm curious

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
There is one that I experienced recently.

There is this construction site of a housing estate just opposite of my house, building in-progress all that. One night I heard the wailing sound of a dog, like it's crying and is in trouble, asking for help - presumably I thought it was stuck in a pond/ditch. Never crossed my mind that something unusual is about to happen - I was cursing the stupid dog for being stuck and crying for help (mood at that time wasnt the best you see
)

So I just went toward the direction of the cries the dog was making, as I got closer, I still see no indication of the source of the sound. There was this small row of temporary hut that the workers were living in and first thing I notice was they seemed to be not bothered about the wailing at all, almost as if they dont wanna know, weird as they were of the closest proximity to the crying dog.

Then out of my corner of the eye, I saw this white clothed thing, passing through from one pillar to the next and disappear. That thing was about half the height of the pillar and it hovers, nothing that I ever encountered before, and it seemed to be running away from me or just wanna get the crap out of there. I walked in closer again and the white thing moved from one pillar to the next and just disappear after it reaches the pillar. At this point, the crying sound of the dog soon turned into barking

Then I never saw the white thing again, and just walked back to my home. The dog also stopped wailing and just keep on barking, presumably at me. The question is, what was it wailing at before that?

Nothing too special I guess. Sorry for my English if the text is somewhat unreadable

I have another story but that one was probably more of a coincidence than paranormal

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
When I was really young (I just remembered this while reading this thread, I don't think I've ever told anyone about it) I could watch things happen three to four times.
For example, one day I was standing in line waiting to go to the lunchroom (this was kindergarten, or 1st grade) and as we were lined up, another class was filing out of the lunchroom. There were already four to five students there in line and a girl was walking rather slow up to her place in the line. I watched her walk up to her place (she was kinda pretty, is why I was watching) then she turned and LOOKED at me so I looked away. A second later I look back up and she's gone, then I spotted her coming OUT of the lunchroom just like she did before...she took her place in line...and LOOKED at me AGAIN. There were several other instances of this during that school year, but none that I recall thereafter.

1997 - ouija board experience. My slovenly ex-wife had bought a board and invited some of her friends over (that I didn't care for one bit) and were conducting a....seance or whatever. She had lit a tier of candles, the lights were off, and the board was nearly collarbone height to everyone, they had to get up to see what letter the pointer stopped on. I wasn't participating, I was drinking coffee & avoiding everyone as much as I could, but I had caught on that the "spirit" had identified himself as "Bob". This particular "spirit" would never talk whenever I was present in the room, which further pissed me off because not only was my house full of people I didn't like - she didn't want me in the main room of the house. I took umbrage to this & spoke loudly to "Bob" & told him in no unclear terms exactly what I thought of him. The next word that spelled out on the board was "CAUTION", and as soon as the word was read out aloud ALL of the candles went out, throwing the entire house into blackness and a loud crash was heard in the kitchen which adjoins the room. The loud crash I believe was caused by me as I jumped toward a light switch, dislodging a broom which fell on the floor. I can't explain the candles blowing out, nor the seven letter word that was spelled out on the board. I DO know that after the lights came back on, everyone who hadn't planned on spending the night was grabbing their coats & heading for the door & everyone else was done with the board for good.
Then one more time, I went outside stark naked to relieve myself off of the porch onto the shrubbery - as I gazed into the bushes beside the porch I noticed they had a neon orangeish/pink glare to them. As the stream of urine went from my member splattering into the boxwoods, my gaze shifted up and I saw a UFO hovering just above the tree level. It was brown in color and the light coming from the inside of it was what was illuminating the shrubs. There were two aliens peering out of the window at me & one signaled to the other prompting him to manipulate something out of my view. There was a beam of "something" that came from the craft, onto my johnson, causing the flow to shimmer like a skittles rainbow. The craft departed, but a smaller version of it came up from the earth and beckoned for me to follow it. I followed it around the yard (2 am-ish) for a bit until I figured out I was actually guiding it myself. I don't remember anything else, except for watching the walls melt around me and music flow from the radio & bounce around on the floor before dissolving. This even prob doesn't even count, since it stems from my one and only acid trip.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join