It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can that ATS Live bar be lowered?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
great..... I didn't even notice it until now.

Now I'm going to go nuts.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I actually think that it's not distracting enough!
Can't we add an animated flashing rainbow coloured bar and a dancing banana to it? Also it needs some kind of sound effect oh and the text should scroll.

Also can we have a custom UFO mouse pointer for the site?
edit on 31-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Here is the screen from my 800 x 600 (max resolution)(old) notebook that I use when not at my desk.

or looking at a post

Yes we want more screen real-estate taken away NOT!

Note that the thing actually masks a part of the screen proper. Scroll so a link is just above the green line and you can't click the link because the screen area actually finishes where the top of the logo is.

edit on 31/12/2010 by PuterMan because: To change one of the images

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Things like this cause me to sign out to view the site.

Having an option to close it wouldn't hurt anything, other than forcing me to see something I will NEVER go to.

Just because of the response in this thread:

The bottom ribbon is an increasingly common technique used throughout the web for additional persistent/preferences links, as well as internal promotions.

After a great deal of experimentation, this is the best way to promote our various efforts (ATS Live, revamped Streetview, ATS News vidoes, etc.) in the least-intrusive yet easily accessible way.

The bottom ribbon will ONLY be used for promoting things ATS is doing, and will not contain any advertising unless an advertising is sponsoring ATS Live or other site content/events.

What does this have to do with the fact that it is highly distracting, and I would like to be able to minimize it?

Does it grace the page when I am signed out (lurking)?

(I appreciate the site, but cramming advertisements for your show is not going to get me to watch it. Forcing me to see it at the bottom of every page will actually turn me off to the idea! Just sayin')

I am only one, and I don't expect change.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Careful now Dave, you might end up with a job designing ATS screens!

I can just picture the wonder-filled screen of jingly jangly flashing lights with raucous sounds and a line of text for the post. No, hold on better make that two or it will be censored!

edit on 31/12/2010 by PuterMan because: One day, just one day, I might manage to make a post without spelling errors, grammar errors etc. :shk:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
That bar is annoying the crap out out of me. There is too much on the screen! It's cluttered and I have the insane need to clean it and I can't lol

OCD...bad!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I suggest you guys look for work arounds because I don't think it's going to change.

People using IE on netbooks, Hold the CTRL key down and "Scroll" with your touch pad, or scroll wheel on external mouse. Does this help?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Clicked on the link in the bar, heard Paul Watson, turned off. I really cannot stand that annoying little man.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
On windows 7 equipped netbooks, hack the registry like a previous posted said:

Run regedit
(Click “Computer” from key tree)
CTRL + F to search and modify all values “Display1_DownScalingSupported” from “0″ to “1″
Restart
Now you should have 1 or 2 more higher res options

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

LOL @ editing my registry because ATS has to pound a link into my screen.

How long will this be a staple to the site?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Why else would you get on a computer besides ATS?

Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

LOL @ editing my registry because ATS has to pound a link into my screen.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The code could be changed so that the bar collapsed to the left or right side, or so that you could move it arond.

I'm not volunteering for this because I'm too lazy.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm with the OP. The bar at the bottom is annoying. It's bad enough we get email notices for ATS live...but now this.
I believe people know just where to find ATS live if they choose to check it out.

to the new addition!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yep, it's really annoying.

A "close" option would be great.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It would be nice to have it optional. Or there is a lot of free space in between the board and edges of the screen left or right so why not put it in a box there where it does not obstruct the bottom of the board? I am running Ubuntu and it cuts off the bottom of the screen a bit.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I completely agree with everyone and I'm using a very high res notebook but it still obstructs my view. I can shrink my screen as much as I want and still it covers things to the point of being annoying.

All I would ask for is the same as everyone here; an option to 'x' out of it, move it to the side, or at least collapse it. Good example, I was just trying to correct a words spelling and guess what got in the way? Mr. ATS Live bottom banner.

Not trying to be rude, dramatic, or anything like that; just looking for an option.

Happy new years eve everyone! Be safe!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The bottom bar and left and right bars are a pain. Just my opinion. Can't we just have a rest from all this tinkering? Sometimes more is less.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Add my name to the annoyed crowd. I think I could tolerate the single line of print, but the enlarged pic at the left does manage to always get in the way of viewing something.

I would highly support the use of this bottom feature as an alert when something important like shutting the site down for repairs is imminent, but not as an everyday in-your-face about something as unimportant as a radio show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join