It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
In the movie Spider-man, the Green Goblin has an interesting discussion with Spider-man about each other's aspirations and how they should work together because they are not so different. Eventually he goes on to say: "I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you. Why bother?"

Remember how Assange was the Hero when he released the Apache video and people all over the world were praising him as a Truth Seeker? Remember the rage from US authorities and the talk about how Assange was on borrowed time in the eyes of TPTB? How did they respond? By using the media to attack and discredit him, to send disinfo agents into conspiracy boards to hint that he is a CIA plant. The seeds of doubt were planted.

For all that he did as a Truth Seeker, what has it got him? Jail time, Alienation from past supporters, doubt in the minds of his once solid fans and bogus Rape Allegations.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
How about the 5 lies wikileak and Assange spreads.

1. Transparent information.

2. Manning being helped by wikileaks.

3. Not funded by Soros.

4. Not an NWO agenda.

5. Is world changing.

Do you ignore all of the rebuttals to your nonsensical, misleading bull? Please give evidence for ONE of these facts.

I've noticed a trend with any thread related to Wikileaks. You always show up quick, make rash, unfounded statements to debase the topic at hand, and provide no evidence for your claims.

I swear this guy has found a way to give himself stars...
edit on 1-1-2011 by ddaniel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

An insightful post

What you've just pointed out is down to human nature, and one of the basic reasons why (in the end) nothing will change.

S&F
edit on 1/1/2011 by Dagar because: Went a tad off-topic

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Not sure about wikileaks yet.

But i'm willing to learn.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I too have yet to determine the motives of the release of the cables, but one thing is for sure, if it was engineered by the powers and meant for us to "see", they are failing terribly in their mission, due to all the attention to Assange and drawn away from the cables and their content.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
its all a dog and pony show. 5 years from now assange will be on dancing with the stars or selling dvds about secrets of the world from his online website hosted by jesse the truth ventura, hah,

wiki leaks has not changed anything with releasing gossip,only shown us that tv personalities will call for your death on air,And from now on thats normal,so behave.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join