It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where are you getting your information ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Dude, first off I love this site , however some people are making my brain hurt with these outlandish posts !!! they just talk about greys pledians and all the rest like their talking about thier co-workers ? This makes no sense to me what so ever. I thought this place was about ideas and what if's or interesting articels that raise eyebrows. It seems it turneing into a break from a group of idiots playing magic and just speaking outa thier @#$% . I know most of us hope the disclosure thing will happen or we find out its some time travellers messing with us or some crazy group uf advanced humans come up from the bottom of the ocean or whatever , but dude really ?? Referring to all there differnt "races" of beings by name and talking as if your in thier inner circle of knowledge ??? reeeeelly?? this site is about thinking outside the box not making up an imaginarry box and filling it with imaginarry "knowledge" . get help , get proof , get an original thought or idea or get some meds or a life....c'mon man !!!!
Sorry for ranting !!!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky

Saintsjunky, although a firm believer in Aliens and UFO, I cannot help but echo your sentiment on this subject. I am as we speak involved in a thread whos very title is based on nothing but fiction. The thread itself contains next to no facts, and offers no actual physical proof, yet very much as you say, speaks about the races and creeds of the alien, and prattles at length about them without offering one single testable substance, nor any other credible evidence. Its all heresay and fiction and I for one am getting bored of it.
Its a disgrace to all believers when people start running at the mouth like that with no proof. Tars the lot of us with the idiot brush, and I wish the people doing this would just shut up until they have something of real worth to say.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

at least im not alone !!! I find people /sheeple in general make enough mockery of people like us for beliving or being interested in things outside the normal way of thinking, but its those that im writing of that make it hard for us to get any creditabilty when we ask "what if " or "why".

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Actually, I kind of enjoy reading these outlandish posts with no proof at all. I work in a cube all day and it really helps to pass the time. Don't get me wrong I love reading about anything with at least SOME kind of proof but its cool to see people just making stuff up sometimes. At least you can see that we as humans still have an active imagination.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Its simply like that because most of the things in the paranormal are unknown and people take full advantage of that. I am in the quest like everyone else to find out some truth to the matters of the UFO phenomenon but only through time and effort will it ever happen. I enjoy this site very much and I am very glad to be a paranormal guru.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski

Dont get me wrong , its an honour to be a member here, and I cherish my time here on ATS very much, since some of the best political debate and most stimulating intellectual conversation I have ever had, has been on the pages of this site. But on a subject about which I feel so passionately , it is hard to watch people dig a hole without having something to put in it, other than themselves.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by shamaniski

Dont get me wrong , its an honour to be a member here, and I cherish my time here on ATS very much, since some of the best political debate and most stimulating intellectual conversation I have ever had, has been on the pages of this site. But on a subject about which I feel so passionately , it is hard to watch people dig a hole without having something to put in it, other than themselves.

well said !!!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

This here , really gets my goat :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Go ahead and check it out. Its amazing the lengths some people will go to , in order to prove how utterly wrong they are.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Amen! I too am waiting for disclosure but reading here lately and on other sites I feel like I am waiting for Santa Claus to arrive. I feel its near impossible that we are the only ones in this great big universe and so there must be more intelligent life out there but when people start with the" I channelled this information from Mork from Ork " and start talking like they have a party line to ET well I feel duped. I feel like most of these posts should start Once upon a time...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

... In a reality far far away! We have all been there, sitting at our computers, watching the boards for movement, for new data. Suddenly a juicy thread title pops up like " At last PROOF of extraterrestrial life" and we jump out of our skin, and spam the mouse button trying to get the page to load faster , so that we can get at the information all the quicker. Our pulses hammer in our veins, our hearts pound in our chest, and then we read a few lines of the body of the post, and all of a sudden we are surrounded by hippies , claiming to have channeled aliens while under the influence of mind control, and being abducted by Elvis, JFK , and the Fragles of Fragle rock all at once.
Why is it no one ever posts " Me and my chemistry degree just PROVED that the goo left on my porch doesnt correspond to any terrestrial substance known to man" ? Or " I just used science to figure out that the fellow that lives in the appartment above mine isnt human" ? I know there are people with the wit and the intelligence in the membership to pull this off, so why is it that only the victims of covert pre frontal lobotomy care to post thier "truth"?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
ok I have to jump in. I hope I dont get censored by the thought police (mods) but Saintsjunky who are you to judge?
the ones here that believe in the pledians, galactic federation, greys whatever they choose to believe that. now I have my own beliefs on the alien question that they are here they have allways been here our tech our culture our very dna comes from them now will you judge me aswell? I will give you this the ones that believe and I mean truly believe cannot produce any evidence and I believe thats what they (et's) want. they are either not ready for the global exposure and celebrity status or our govt's not ready for the civil revolution that would occur because of all the years they (nasa and others) have lied to us. now Saintsjunky can you prove any of us believers wrong?

I didn't think so...........................

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Gaurdian2012, this is not about proving people wrong. This is about making statements which have no evidenciary value, but presenting them as facts. As a matter of pure fact , this is an inaccuracy which has prevailed on this site for too damned long, and its of paramount importance that theory is presented as such, rather than being fanfared in as some new data.
Its not a fact if you cannot prove it. So , all we ask is that people who have no facts to offer, either shut the hell up, or make it clear in the title of thier threads that no scientific evidence is being bought in thier thread, and that serious people who want PROOF of alien life, ought to kindly go to a different thread.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
ok I have to jump in. I hope I dont get censored by the thought police (mods) but Saintsjunky who are you to judge?
the ones here that believe in the pledians, galactic federation, greys whatever they choose to believe that. now I have my own beliefs on the alien question that they are here they have allways been here our tech our culture our very dna comes from them now will you judge me aswell? I will give you this the ones that believe and I mean truly believe cannot produce any evidence and I believe thats what they (et's) want. they are either not ready for the global exposure and celebrity status or our govt's not ready for the civil revolution that would occur because of all the years they (nasa and others) have lied to us. now Saintsjunky can you prove any of us believers wrong?

I didn't think so...........................

gaurdian2012....are you you the gaurdian of b.s. ??? i am a beliver !!!! i see all the videos and have read articles and books and watched shows. i belive thier are things out there.... i also belive the disclosuer hasnt happened because of mass hysteria that would follow. i also know ive never seen an actual alien have you ? can you prove it ? untill you or any one else can prove thier are aliens to me and know all of there thoughts ans plans and differnt breeds...... dont tell me to prove they dont ???? you want disproof ??? look around...[snip]
edit on 31/12/10 by masqua because: removed personal attack

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Dude, really??

Who the hell cares what other people think anyway?

If people are going to give you grief over your beliefs, then find better people to hang around with, it's that simple.

Is the concept of Pleidians or Plejarans really that far out there? I mean we've only been seeing Vulcans and Romulans and Klingons and Bejorans and Cardassians on TV and in movies for years now, right?

Is it really so bad to believe in something without absolute concrete proof?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Who am I to judge others beliefs?

After all, I get most of mine from my cat.....

(actually there is more truth to that than one might think)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I love the hypocracy of ats how ironic that a few posts ago I attacked another and was censured and warned however your attacks are ok..... gaurdian of bs I like that one cause everything is bs the disclosure that never comes the lies we have been told, the blurry pictures, religion as a whole, our society, our lives, everything is bs. and I will not apologize for anything I have said up to now. the world we all live in is bs everything we have been told or learned or discoverd all of it bs only a moronic fool or govt hack would deny the truth that is in plain sight........

" we are not alone, we have never been alone, and now more are coming"

how do I know this? where is my proof ? I dont have any. I am using a christian view blind faith. So if I want to believe in 2012 the skies will be littered with alien ships that is my choice to do so. in a so called free society you are allowed to believe what you want, right? I use to think we all were all here to seek the truth no matter where that truth may lead us good - bad - ugly - divine. now I see everyone has an agenda. this very thread has agenda written all over it oh well it is what it is happy new year folks
edit on 1-1-2011 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

If you want agenda outed and put in the public veiw then let me make this statement. I believe that saintsjunky started this thread because he is sick of the new age BS artists, cutting in on what should be a solely scientific pursuit, and by thier actions, muddying the already less than clear waters of UFO investigation, and research. I believe that this interferance from the hippies, is part of an agenda which has the end goal of removing any credibility that UFO interest groups may have, and is part of a global government plan to see all interested parties, discredited utterly and pushed so far underground that the worms cant find them.
And since you seem to think that offering no evidence for a claim is fine, Im just going to leave it there.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I agree with you on everything you said. but like finding a diamond you have to dig through alot of dirt to uncover the gem. I say hear everyone out no matter how far fetched or blatantly obsurd there claim is. we indiviually decide what rings true. and as for evidence or better yet the lack of. that I believe is by design. (keep them geussing) so they can carry out there own agendas. the best place to hide the truth is in plain sight!

now based on what I have learned, discoverd experienced. There is no question in my mind "we are not alone"

history teaches we have never been alone!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and with our current technology growth (cern lhc, 3d tv, etc..) more are coming!

top topics

join