It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking The Narrow Way

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthiron
reply to post by NOTurTypical

NOTurtypical,

Many fall back into the old ways and it is called backsliding.

Truthiron.

I realize this. But what on Earth does that have to do with saving grace? When Christ died on that cross, mine and your sins were ALL yet future. The sins I committed last year and the ones I will commit 5 years from now were all paid for in blood 2,000 years ago on a cross at Calvary. Should I use this as a free pass to live it up as the rest of the unsaved do? Of course not, but that doesn't change the work of Christ. One thing God cannot do is "learn". When He saved both you and I He knew every sin we'd ever make in our lives. In fact, He knew them all before he created us, and even further back, before the foundations of the world.
edit on 3-1-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by truthiron

NOTurtypical,

Many fall back into the old ways and it is called backsliding.

Truthiron.

I realize this. But what on Earth does that have to do with saving grace? When Christ died on that cross, mine and your sins were ALL yet future. The sins I committed last year and the ones I will commit 5 years from now were all paid for in blood 2,000 years ago on a cross at Calvary. Should I use this as a free pass to live it up as the rest of the unsaved do? Of course not, but that doesn't change the work of Christ. One thing God cannot do is "learn". When He saved both you and I He knew every sin we'd ever make in our lives. In fact, He knew them all before he created us, and even further back, before the foundations of the world.
edit on 3-1-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

That saving grace was from all eternity. The one who died on the cross was the creator. When we were saved by that grace we went to Him broken and sincerely repented of all our sins. He trully then forgave us for them all to that time. Now there is not one human being living who did not fall back and when he did then was in need to go back to the throne grace and repent of it. He then again applies His blood to cleanse of that sin. He is our High Priest in the Heavenly Sanctuary ministering His shed blood for us now and will until He stands up and declares it is finished.

1Jo 2:1 ¶ My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

The sins of Adam all through the ages were atoned for by His blood, the blood of bulls and goats did not suffice. The lamb slain morning and evening pointed to Him His blood only had to be shed once and covered all, all up through.

The tabernacle of Moses and the temples was only a shadow of the true where the true would be officiated.

Then comes the time when it is declared.-

Re 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Re 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Our sins were still future when He died on that cross and many, many more were in the past that His blood sufficed for.

I pray that you or I will not fall back even one more time, but we are weak, we must be in Him continually.

We stay in His Way.

Truthiron.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It becomes heresy when taught either that one can merit salvation by their own works of righteousness, or that they can lose their salvation by sin. once a person is born again by the Holy Spirit they can not be unborn by their human effort. Once they are a new creation in Christ Jesus, they cannot uncreate themselves, that's just silliness.
Paul says if you sin, then what do you do, crucify Christ again?
That seems to be the opposite of what I am quoting you as saying.
The fire that ultimately consumes Satan is still in the future.
The followers of Satan go in that same fire.
Until that time is past, our souls are in jeopardy.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I would add the following verses for consideration.- - KJV -

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

We must be diligent not to loose the greatest gift that could ever could be given.

Truthiron.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

that is a great post truthiron and I appreciate it, I have learned about the Narrow Way from you guys here and right now I am sorting out some of the differences between the KJV and the NLT but I still like the KJV much more.

the Narrow Way is cool and believe it I never heard that expression until I read it from you right here on ATS... which rocks by the way.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Cosmic.Artifact,

I and others appreciate you too.

Truthiron.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

The narrow way has any commitments with death.

Is this statement true or false?

While belief expands one takes steps unto the way. Jesus is a free mind but a free mind has boundaries?
edit on 2011/1/6 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/1/6 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

The narrow way has any commitments with death.

True. All commitment with live has a commitment with death.

While belief expands, one takes steps unto the way. Jesus is a free mind but a free mind has boundaries?

Responsibilities are the boundary. The more we learn, the more we are capable. By understanding the consequences of our actions, we take ownership of these consequences that define us. By understanding who we are and our capabilities we can respond effectively to the challenges of life.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Sin leads to death. Thus states the holy script.

To become without sin, or to merge with Jesus leaves an eternal life in the kingdom of heaven
Jesus Christ is the way. Jesus Christ is eternal life. One will adapt such a way of life one will live for eternity.

I once was pushed from the stairs at home by my brother, I don't know why I did not die. I was not bruised and was left without injury. Doesn't matter..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Sin leads to death. Thus states the holy script.

Birth leads to death, Thus states life.

But I see what you mean with spiritual salvation, I am currently in a state of religion unknown, faith in science. There is a lot of evidence that something is going on with the afterlife with near death experiences and reincarnation stories. Time is also a tricky one, we perceive it as a constant flow but some studies hint at atoms having memory and are more complex the more we look, the universe remembers? Life has been a constant quest of improvement. In this physical realm the sustainable survive so there is some everlasting life there if your offspring continue and prosper, as for how far that chain goes into the future is hard to say. It has been a long chain to lead us here, also hard to say where it started. Science is yet to clearly define any clear boundaries to this physical universe, maybe there are limits, maybe there are not. It is good you are holding yourself to a strong moral framework as that is an important part of sustainability. The one thing I am sure about with this universe is diversity and change, keep what works and throw out what does not.

I once was pushed from the stairs at home by my brother, I don't know why I did not die. I was not bruised and was left without injury.

If you where young you bounce pretty good, reflexes can be pretty amazing at times as well. Do something like that in old age and it would have very likely been a different story.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Eventually people who are actually awake, meaning pay attention to things other than their own entertainment fed to them vicariously through the TV, will realize that we are in fact in the "Tribulation" spoken of by the fore-tellers of the future in the New Testament and some Old Testament writers.
Then, some people who had felt safe in their religion taught to then by famous people with TV and radio shows and popular books, to not ever plan ahead for a tribulation, knowing that was only for other people, will find themselves completely at a loss with how to deal with a tribulation and no rapture that they expected to have saved them from it.
This is the beginning of what is called the time of Jacob's trouble. Jacob knew he had done his brother wrong and had deceived his father to steal his birthright, and Jacob realized that his brother could by all rights kill him and thus have his birthright reinstated by survivorship. Years after the brothers had parted ways, there came a situation where their meeting became inevitable. This filled Jacob with dread, not knowing what might happen. Jacob went trough an internal spiritual struggle and then a physical type struggle with one who he supposed was a spiritual being, over this dilemma. Should he prepare to fight his brother, or should he be prepared to bow down to his brother? Or did Jacob actually deserve the birthright, even though in one technical aspect it was obtained fraudulently?
We have a dilemma when we realize that, no, in fact we have not been raptured, and there is a judgement coming on the world and we are part of that world being judged. Do we deserve to face the coming judge? Is our standing obtained fraudulently, that we will need to present to the judge, a mere argument with no evidence to back it? Or do we make ready our selves in preparation for the inevitable, and present ourselves as having shown that though technically we have our status based on what someone else earned for himself, we have the evidence that the status was not wrongly granted to us and needs to be taken away from us and for us to be punished for our affrontery?
Prepare your body today for the morning tomorrow, when we will meet judgment and we missed our little free ride bypass told to us by those who have their reward on this earth. Be as Christ and whatever it takes to do that, figure it out right now and put yourself to the task as if your future eternity depends on it. That, my friends, is the only way you will be able to wrestle with the angel all night and prevail. If you fail, your precious "faith" which you thought will save you, will evaporate like the dew on the grass in the sun.
edit on 6-1-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

God is almighty, he can play tricks with scientists whenever he was. The reason why birth should lead to death is because of the inherited sin. Love Jesus and thou shalt be saved from death. Eternal life lays in belief in Jesus Christ the way.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Scientists already do a great job playing tricks with themselves. What do you mean by 'inherited sin' and how does that relate to eternity?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

kwakakev, in the beginning when the earth was created there was only the first man and woman. They could do anything on earth to paradise except eat the forbidden fruit. This commandment have ignored it by eating and so lapse into a life of sin. Unfortunately sin leads to death. All progeny that inherited sin. That sin by dying people. To be undone, God sent his only son Jesus Christ to earth to let him die for our sins. He died to undo the original sin that we own. By believing in Jesus Christ we are freed from original sin, which ensures that we will no longer die, for the sin makes us die, and that was undone. Do you understand?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Jesus forgives the sin.

Then we are saved.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I have heard of similar stuff before. I think Jesus was a pretty cool and smart bloke, had heaps of respect from the people of the times and was written up in books for the wisdom he had. As for him dying for our sins so we are free not to accept responsibility for our actions sounds like a cope out. There have been heaps of revisions to the Bible over the years and too hard to say exactly what happened 2000 years ago, a side debate I do not want to engage in. I know I make mistakes and sin, but I acknowledge it, accept it, try and resolve it and move on. It is my mistake, I own it, it defines who I am. It is how I learn and improve. When I was younger I made heaps of sin and leant some very hard lessons. Now that I am older I have this experience to help avoid making the same mistake again.

There is only one person that I am worried about facing when I die, that is myself.
edit on 7-1-2011 by kwakakev because: added 'side'

Maybe Jesus done all those miracles, maybe he did not. It does not distract from the wisdom and acceptance of his words. As for Adam and Eve, it is a short answer for why we are here. The reality is a lot more complex.
edit on 7-1-2011 by kwakakev because: Reasons for not debating history of bible

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I took my belief as in what the holy script tells. It's the only thing I could somehow rely on from my own point of view. I don't want to be an erected monkey or a product of evolution. We were made the way we should be and have been this way for generations.

I don't pray much. Something is bothering me but I don't know what. I have no circle of people I feel home with. I'm like a lone gipsy meaning I have no place to call home. People have not the same values as I do, they don't know what I stand for. They only want to use me as a piece of meat meeting their shortcomings.

edit on 2011/1/7 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'll retake my place back in the world.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

People have not the same values as I do,. . .

I think I know the feeling. I was at church and talking to a couple people
and I said I was on a forum where this guy was saying Jesus was not god,
while claiming to be a Christian. They just looked at me like they were
thinking. "Oh, you sad person." and stood their like they wanted to hear my
explanation for why he was.
My point being, even at church, you can't expect everyone to be any better
than an atheist or an agnostic. I'm not saying to avoid church, but to
consider that if even people at church are so shallowly grounded, then the
non-church-going population in general do not even have the basic ethics
as people who at least give lip service to religion and actually show up for
worship. I wasted a lot of my life hanging out with people who would stab
me in the back, and if I was to examine all those people, the thing they
would have in common is a hatred for God. So my advice is to associate
with people who not only believes in God, but loves God.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Evolution is a part of life, a part of god. But it does not contain the full story as there are still many questions and stories that hold their little keys for why we are here. For me, understanding god is to understand life and all the complexity in it. I see people all to often use God to explain the unknown and things they do not understand, everything happens for a reason. We may never fully know god in all its glory, if there are pathways to eternity then we may have the time to try.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join