It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking The Narrow Way

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Since the Way is narrow how far left or right can one go and not be off the path or way He, Jesus, would find within limits? The Word doesn't tell us it is hard but that it is narrow. We see Christianity today for the greatest part wanting to "water down" or make easier a path for the world to walk in. Making that path a lot wider in the liberal direction. We know a Christian is not of this world.

Question to each is, how far can we go into liberalism and not get off the "narrow" way?

The same question also to the legalistic direction that I think few have and may not realize it?

It is not how we would want it in our fallen nature but what pleases Him is it not?

How do you see we should go and how to walk so we are staying in the "narrow" way.

A few scriptures state the following for a help.-

Mt 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mt 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Ro 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Do the 10 commandments make one legalistic to regard them?

Bring out your view on this and expect some differences.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If we really love, and seek to love as he loves us, then we'll be transformed however fast or slow, and we will not be under the law of should and shouldn't, but under grace, whereby God's will (to love) will become our own heart's innermost desire, and we will be free to live and love freely. There is no constraint in the kingdom life, the pasture is lush and green and spacious. The narrow way that leads there, is from what I can gather, self renunciation. There is no merit to be gained by trying to be good not to be bad, if so then we've not recieved fully what Christ is offering us, yet. The narrow way isn't the "prickly goads" that Paul refers to, although I suppose that might get us headed in the right direction.
So I say it's self renunciation, and walking away from the temptation to say "I am special because I do or do not do so and so" while fingering a brother for his sins, that's not eternal life and freedom to love. The action is usually apparent, whereby you will know them by their fruits.

The heart of another is easy to see, especially in person, but even when reading between the lines of text. If we're walking the narrow way, we will tend to look for and praise the best in one another, not look for the flaw or error in the other man.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
"Question to each is, how far can we go into liberalism and not get off the "narrow" way?

Sieg heil and halleluja, all ye theocrates, elected and other ideological elitists.

It's been done before, and the experiment was a grotesque failure, only madmen would want back.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

NewAgeMan,

We have enough to do I agree to look at ourselves and see if we have surrended all that isn't pleasing in His sight.

The 10 commandments known as the Rogal Law and also as the Law of Liberty, should we look at that to find if we are lax on any point?

Are Christians to be preachers? Why or why not.

I do find we are to examine ourselves and we should note it does not say others.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Our hope of Glory, Christ in us.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

bogomil,

I am not acquainted where you stand versus Chritianity but in reply to your statement. -

"It's been done before, and the experiment was a grotesque failure, only madmen would want back."

I see the madmen "out in" and "of" the world and "running" the world. What the world has come to is saddening indeed.

To each his own choice to choose.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Re Truthiron

You wrote:

"To each his own choice to choose."

That's called liberal democracy, and is our presently best chance of surviving the elitistic sociopaths, who has been running the show for eternities.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
Re Truthiron

You wrote:

"To each his own choice to choose."

That's called liberal democracy, and is our presently best chance of surviving the elitistic sociopaths, who has been running the show for eternities.

As a Christian I do not believe that they will have it a whole lot longer and that is why I put forth the thinking of "walking the narrow way" as I believe it is now high time to not be of the world. But that each is free to choose, the broad way or the narrow way.

Peace.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Sometimes you do not see the line until you cross it, next time.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Sometimes you do not see the line until you cross it, next time.

I think that line we should make sure we have drawn it where he indicates the edges are and then stay on that narrow way. The point is He makes is that it is narrow but not hard. I believe the Way is defined as Love. We must then no longer be of the world.

He informed us that He was not of this world.

Walking the narrow way.

Truthiron.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Re Truthiron

You wrote:

"As a Christian I do not believe that they will have it * a whole lot longer and that is why I put forth the thinking of "walking the narrow way" as I believe it is now high time to not be of the world. But that each is free to choose, the broad way or the narrow way."

(* democracy,... my comment)

I do not believe, that you are in that category, but you must be aware, that there are christians, who would 'help' doomsday to arrive by using various less ethical methods. Very likely from motives of some extreme "what did I tell you?" insane mindsets.

That you and likeminded prepare for an expected doomsday (or something like that) is ofcourse no business of mine, as long as you don't hasten it along.

But one thing is certain: This time the kaboom will be very serious, as mankind now has sufficient techological toys to produce its own doomsday. Toys controlled by sociopathic leaders (including different religionists), and my bet is, that by neutralizing the influence of such people, we thus take responsibility for our own and our planet's existence, as any of the alleged 'gods' for circumstantial theological reasons aren't going to interfere.

And such neutralization is best done by not encouraging polarized existing extremist postions amongst ideologies, so no side is provocated enough to press the button. (There's quite a little pseudo-philosophical discussion going on about how to 'disarm' extremists, but that's another debate).

You formerly implied a question on my postion on (unspecified) 'christianity'. I consider it total nonsense from a personal, academical, epistemological etc perspective, but I would go to lengths defending its right to exist (except for its fascist versions).

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

bogomil,

Christians are those who love and follow Him of course and some are lax and some very dedicated. We who looks closely see the signs given for the end of this age of sin are pointing to the fact it is at the doors. It behoves each of us who are of that opinion to make our calling and election as sure as we can.

As far as any of us bringing it about sooner that is imposible as the time was appointed before Jesus came as one of us in the body of the man named Jesus.

The purpose of the thread is to agitate any Christians thinking reading it of the seriousness of walking that narrow way and not veering off. We almost all have a tendency to become lax. There is a few and I do believe few these days that are legalistic.

Jesus says the time is shortened for the"elect's" sake. The True Christian is being hated more it seems each day. Christians are preachers and people don't want to hear it. Jesus let us know though that before they hated us they hated Him.

One reason I find that many hate Christians is because they point to the fact that there is only one way for salvation. If they don't preach that, are they True Christians. No! He tells us in no uncertain terms, no one comes any other way but by me.- -

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Advancing the call, It's wake up time.

Truthiron.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Re Truthiron

You wrote:

["One reason I find that many hate Christians is because they point to the fact that there is only one way for salvation. If they don't preach that, are they True Christians. No! He tells us in no uncertain terms, no one comes any other way but by me.- -"]

Outside your holy bubble this kind of attitude is called self-righteous pushing, and you're quite right about it not being popular. If you had hard-core communism pushed at you, you would probably protest also (I make a guess ofcourse, you can choose anything you don't like as an example).

Apart from the actual and open violence committed in the name of one of the 'christianities' through history, christian evangelism is probably the mainreason for your religion's low esteem amongst non-believers. There's something so repulsive about christian missionary self-conceitedness, that it brings out the worst in most people. Sadly this has escaped the attention of most evangelists, who believe they are persecuted, while the reason is, that they are intolerable as persons.

I've met other missionaries from other religions (doctrinally about as crazy as I consider christianity), and they are much more pleasant to be around. Even the moslems, whom I have no high opinion of.

If you remember some of my other posts on christianity, you'll notice, that I'm actually somewhat polite now (at least relatively), so in an effort of 'no offense' I must point out, that you yourself suffer from missionarism. You post to me contained a small 'sermon' part, totally uncalled for as I consider your religion a fake, and that your habit of preaching is wasted on me.

Surely you must have known this, and instead of evaluating the chances of 'saving' me alternatively be cemented as a Jesus- freak, you just kept going on your messianic tracks. I know I don't sound friendly saying this, but that's how you are considered by a lot of people, and your religion could probably become more popular, if you took a period of self-ransacking on this point.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

bogomil,

You are a free man, I do not coerce you, I merely point you to the one only able to save you for more than this short life. I plead with you and my Saviour pleads with you, come, why will you die.

Why do people hate Him so? I don't pound on no one. You got on this thread of your own free will to express your dissatisfaction. OK you've done that. Just leave the thread go on now on topic.

I suggest to all get on the path and way He is offering while it is still open. I don't know how much time is left but I know it is short. It will be closed first for those who have known of Him and professed Him.

I prefer to be "Walking The Narrow Way", with Him.

Truthiron.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

He also said that God was spirit and truth, and of course, love, and he was one with that spirit. Therefore, how could anyone come to the father, but by him?

Christianity is an all-inclusive invitation to participate with God co-creatively in eternity. It is NOT an exclusive doctrine which would threaten people if they don't accept it, because that's no love, for love, to be love MUST be free.

This is a terrible error of so many Christians, and one of the reasons that people are repelled by it. How sad.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

He also said that God was spirit and truth, and of course, love, and he was one with that spirit. Therefore, how could anyone come to the father, but by him?

Christianity is an all-inclusive invitation to participate with God co-creatively in eternity. It is NOT an exclusive doctrine which would threaten people if they don't accept it, because that's no love, for love, to be love MUST be free.

This is a terrible error of so many Christians, and one of the reasons that people are repelled by it. How sad.

He was the way the Father made and the Father was in Him, we read -

2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

That is why He, as Jesus was sent into the world. He is the only way made.

Please if you know of a way better and easier make us a thread on it in this Forum

Those who have in the past and present who have refused the way He has made I see in serious trouble. This is the way the old testament shedding of blood pointed to, His blood, the blood of the True Lamb of God that only could suffice.

I am safe walking with Him.

Truthiron.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Re Truthiron

You wrote:

["You are a free man, I do not coerce you, I merely point you to the one only able to save you for more than this short life. I plead with you and my Saviour pleads with you, come, why will you die."]

Neitther do I coerce you. Though I COULD in the same vein as you point out to you, that there is ONLY one correct 'way' (or a dozen exclusive 'only ways').

Let's try a few of them:

No, you, Truthiron, are completely wrong. Allah is the true god, and there's no messiah, only Muhammed as Allah's prophet. That's the ONLY way.

Or: There's no afterlife, so it's a waste of time to speculate on it. As Marx said: "religion is the opiate of the people" There's ONLY one way..Marxism.

Or: 'Life' is a representation of an extreme situation of statistical averages in a mechanistic universe. There's no need for any 'plan' in this, as it has created itself. Cosmic laws are just the one manifested way, amongst many options where things arranged themselves. That's the ONLY answer, scientism.

You don't recognize your own attitudes?

Quote: ["Why do people hate Him so? I don't pound on no one. You got on this thread of your own free will to express your dissatisfaction. OK you've done that. Just leave the thread go on now on topic."]

I do not believe, that people in general hate Jesus. I believe, they hate his missionaries for being arrogant and invasive.

As to being here from free will, you have the same options concerning my posts. Yoy can ignore them. I will grant you, that this would be an unfair attitude on my part, if I just wanted to deflect the thread with off-topic distractions. But I'm right on topic. I relate to your basic postulates in OP, and question their validity. If they are not valid, your whole thread is meaningless.

If your religious postulates aren't correct, then people will in vain have distanced themselves from liberalism. And that's in my opinion about the most immoral thing a person can do in a social context.

PS If you wanted to exchange bible-verses on social and legal impact with other believers, without comments or criticism, you could have chosen more suitable forums than this There are several 'only-for-the-saved' forums on internet, but it's ofcourse a bit meaningless to proselytize on such a place.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

bogomil,

Walk ye in your way. You are free to do that yet here in America where I live but I do not kow for how long.

My Lord said, few there would be that find His way.

He is right.

I remain friendly.

Truthiron.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
"Question to each is, how far can we go into liberalism and not get off the "narrow" way?

Sieg heil and halleluja, all ye theocrates, elected and other ideological elitists.

It's been done before, and the experiment was a grotesque failure, only madmen would want back.

beautiful posturing and a nice way to open a response I might add (via insult)

and to the OP I think it is they only way, the narrow way is the only balanced truth...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Good question and I've always wonder this myself.
Sometimes I ask myself, 'am I fully surrendered to God?'
And then I start to question my salvation.
There are many things I feel I am holding on to..like fear, and anxiety, and worry,
and some sins that often get the best of me.
But He often reminds me that we are saved by Grace and we cannot lose our salvation
because you cannot lose a gift.
However the only way to be pleasing to Him is to walk in the spirit.
For our own deeds our dirty rags to Him.
As long as we believe He is the son of God and died for Us
we are walking the narrow path to His kingdom,
sure we may stumble occasionally, but in the end
we will make it. Hope this helps! God bless~

edit on 2-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

My salvation is not merited by my works. My 'narrow way' to salvation is Jesus Christ. He is the hero of my story, not myself.

John 14:6 ~ "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

He said 'I am the way', not 'let me show you the way..". Rewards can be won or lost, salvation cannot. Once a person is born again, and a new creature in Christ, how can they possibly un-create themselves?

edit on 2-1-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join