It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Survival Downloads You Should Have

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

4 me the best is to read it ,at leest what u think it would be needed 4 U , and memorise it ! Knowledge on papers stays on papers , and in actual situATION THEY are not there when u need it. What u memoriseis alweys there with ya ,what u forgot its gone
Use what u have

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Put them all on my ipod.... Now I just need to get me one of those solar chargers and I'll be all set..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I would also look into buying a book or two about edible vs. poisonous plants with pictures, as well as plants that can be used for healing purposes.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by freya27

I tried but cant find it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
As my first post, I'd just like to thank the OP and everyone else who contributed in this thread. I downloaded all pdfs (as well as the others submitted in this thread), printed and placed them in a binder and i recommend for all of you to do that. Is it possible someone can compile everything essential in this thread and have them placed and made into a torrent?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Good post. Got them all on my phone for now. This might sound silly, but the zombie survival guide can also teach you some decent survival tips besides dealing with zombies.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Thanks RUsso!

Just put them all on my nook.
(which is far superior to any "kindle"!)

WHoever said "put them on a kindle".. must not own a kindle..
Because amazon/kindle will not allow you to add any books you did not BUY from them.

So,
Get a nook...
You can read any ebook on it that could want.

Kindle is run by capitalist crooks.

Nooks are amazing! lol
and are "THE E-reader" for anyone who enjoys FREEDOM.

Thanks again Russo..
As long as I have some kind of power source..
I will always have them with me..
along with about 4,000 other books.

edit on 26-1-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Glad you liked.

Why dont you print what you think will be more useful?

I printed some of then.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Great post! My brother has a survival guide book that he found at a thrift store. I'm always on the lookout for books on this subject. You never know when you'll need these skills, There are plenty of books about edible vs poisonous plants as well as books on plants you can use as medicine - I have one I bought on e-bay. Like another replier stated, it is a good idea to memorize what you can because when the time comes, you won't have time to look through a book to find what you need.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It say's that it cannot launch acrobat, i tried downloading the latest version, any ideas?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thanks to the OP and all the helpful post from others. Great Info on here. Me and my girlfriend are putting together note books to and one of the things we are working on is a lost arts kind of book. I understand the immediate need on some of these topics but we also started collecting things on soap making and butter making. Seed storage was another one we loaded up. I was kinda thinking of long term things that we take for granted,like wine making would be useful not only for personal use but long term trade.Any other suggestions would be wonderful.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
RUSSO.... thank you thank thank you!
This is one of the best threads on ATS
i've told countless people about this thread!
S&F to you!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by David134

That 1881 Cyclopedia tells how how to make wine and soap and etc... its like a must have... in my opinion... if i were to print one off it would be it... its like the essential guide to living life without modern convince... just like they did in 1881

just trying to be helpful...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
RUSSO.... thank you thank thank you!
This is one of the best threads on ATS
i've told countless people about this thread!
S&F to you!

Im happy this thread was useful to someone. Just one and I feel like job done.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hey Russo, In addition to the top 10 things we should have you should check out my Mega Survival "Bug-OutROM". You can find the forum and link here

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libran1
Hey Russo, In addition to the top 10 things we should have you should check out my Mega Survival "Bug-OutROM". You can find the forum and link here

For some reason, I cant open your torrent in the bay. I will try this again later. Thanks

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadykid420
reply to post by RUSSO

It say's that it cannot launch acrobat, i tried downloading the latest version, any ideas?

Here is the link :

Adobe Reader

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Glad you like it.

Enjoy (and print) while its free

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thanx I'll need to book mark this and read into it later

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link