It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Survival Downloads You Should Have

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thanks a lot! I'm sure that list will come in handy.
Also, I'm new here, but my mother and I were thinking about buying a home in a more rural area in case something does really happen. Any advice on that?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

That may get you into the car but it will not help you start it. In fact you may kill any chance you did have to start it by doing that. A lot of cars now days will not start after the air bags goes off. Some will but more and more of them disable the starter once the air bag goes off. You have to know have to reset the air bag senor to start the car even if you have the key.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Great great great. Wonderful actually..
I have already purchased some of these.
I have some of them on my kindle and a personal solar panel to go with it. It's what i believe is my lifeline in case of an event. Just hope the event is not a solar flare, in which case my kindle is f'd and so am I.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

i knew id love this site the first time i saw it! very informative hope i wont have a need for it.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
wow great post. i been looking for a dentist type of info when shtf happens

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
When are we expecting/hoping for a fallout/apocalypse?
edit on 2-1-2011 by MechanicalSunrise because: aliens made me do it.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
TOO MANY MANUALS TO LIST. 3 Part RAR file download (No need to purchase anything, just do the REGULAR download and wait one minute for download to start! Patiently wait 2 hrs between downloading parts... It's well worth it!):

oron.com...
oron.com...
oron.com...
edit on 2-1-2011 by ReinkDuser because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2011 by ReinkDuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
well this is going to be very useful

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the links. Nice post.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by polymathwannabe

Not really, because you'll most likely never need any of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Ok so I download these all to my computer.....then the World goes to Hell and I don't have any electricity.....Yep Im still in the same boat! LOL!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by RUSSO

Ok so I download these all to my computer.....then the World goes to Hell and I don't have any electricity.....Yep Im still in the same boat! LOL!
Or not. You could set up a simple charging system. Solar panels, to a "jump box" to an inverter.
Solar panels
www.harborfreight.com...
Jump box
www.harborfreight.com...
Inverter
www.harborfreight.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by RUSSO

Or not. You could set up a simple charging system. Solar panels, to a "jump box" to an inverter.
[/url]

UNLESS the disaster is the Yellowstone Super Volcano going off (which is actually not too far fetched considering all the crazy quakes in America...one just hit my hometown of Kokomo Indiana) If that were to happen Ash would be sent into the air for months or even years...blocking any perceivable solar power.
PS honestly though that is a good Idea....but of course I had to come up with SOME scenerio where I still died! LOL!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Awesome collection thanks brother, downloaded all for when the time comes, I just hope to find enough paper to print them all out as I dont imagine I would have my laptop working if I should ever need them.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To the op / thanks for these. I had many but not all of them.

Also, I am a big fan of the kindle. For power, you can make a really easy solar converter for USB and it is easy enough to replace the cable with the smaller USB that the kindle uses -

www.instructables.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I just wanted to thank you for posting this very useful information. I try to live a life of balance, not overcome with paranoia, but neither oblivious to the realities of our times. When I was a child, I was told a story about 3 little pigs who built separate houses. The Big Bad Wolf came along and blew the first 2 loosely constructed homes away. Only the 3rd house survived, because the 3rd little pig put in the time, effort and preparation to survive. Well, we tell our children these tales for a reason, they're basic values that don't apply to children, but to life. Be prepared, not afraid!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Also, I'd purchase the collection of works from Rexresearch. There are hundreds of patents and chemistry papers on that site which might prove useful in a survival situation. Things like dew well construction and growing techniques. Its a small price for such a trove of information.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Definitely some great information in those downloads. However, it is all worthless information if you do not take the time to apply it and to practice some core skills If you buy the gear make sure it works, know how to set it up and know how to repair it. Consider redundant options for things like water purification, fire starting/cooking, etc.

Even if you just head to your backyard... practice. I spent some time this summer experimenting with different tinder and sparking devices. I Made my own tinder and made a few penny stoves to keep handy for quick and easy back ups as well.

Have fun and don't do anything stupid in the process...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yes, very good information.

Thanks for all of the posts!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join