It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Survival Downloads You Should Have

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Good information to have. S&F to the OP. Knowledge like you can find here will save your life in a shtf situation.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
thank you so much for this post its packed full of some great information..Im showing this to my whole family this information would truly save your life if this ever comes down and i belive in my heart it will in the near future..Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Three links that I'd like to offer:

1. How to recognise and forage for edible plants

www.wikihow.com...

2. How to create your own power

www.ehow.com...

3. Ensure you have clean drinking water

www.motherearthnews.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Great Post! Thank You !

Everything here can only benefit one to know, no matter what happens...

As advised above, a great idea would be to print these out and give loved ones copies..

Best case scenario you could get a TV show to rival Bear Grills knowing this stuff

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Another awesome place to find ideas, survival or not, is instructables.com

I found an solar oven that is sooo easy to make, that even I can do it.. solar cooker

(note: at least one of the sections has sound so turn down your volume if necessary)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

That technique will only work for older vehicles circa 1980s, and with GM style solenoid. Ford style solenoids, and some imports from the 80s still wouldn't work. Newer cars are virtually impossible to hotwire in enough time to make a getaway. If your car has a VATS or similar anti-theft ignition, the ECU will not power the crank position sensor unless the chipped key is in the ignition. These cars are impossible to hotwire. Ok, not impossible, but maybe 2 people in 50,000 have the equipment to do it.

So if you're going to hotwire a ride in a SHTF scenario think old, and simple. Anything mid 90s and newer will be really hard, and anything around 2001, and newer virtually impossible without special (read expensive)tools/skills.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
One thing I have to say about home canning is that the equipment such as rings and lids have become really expensive. The jars alone can cost an arm and a leg. I try to keep an eye out at sales for these items but as more ppl begin to home can the cost is almost prohibitive for the average person.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

LOved the easy instructions, I have everything needed, I will give it a go. I will try to friend you to tell you how it worked out! TY!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
A collection of survival and self sufficiency related pdfs can be found at survivalstation.org/dl If you're looking for something in particular, let me know, chances are I have it.

Just thought I would state that I'm not trying to promote my site but rather share what I have had freely available.
edit on 31-12-2010 by survivalstation because: Per T&C stipulations

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

My computer for some odd reason has all of a sudden started to save files off the net in
C:\Documents and Settings\(my name removed for posting here)\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

It would then refuse to even find them when I did a search for them. I have to be carefull to change the file path on every save or go there and get them. I have to do a override to get them then.

It just started that mess when I down loaded the lastest Adobe Reader. I have done some checking and a lot of people are having the same problem. That is the default path to save files to and it CAN NOT BE CHANGED to another default path. You have to change the path manually everytime. A lot of people are not happy at all about.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Downloaded all of them.. .excellent.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Not being paranoid but couldn't this material get some people into trouble (what with the thought police in full swing here in europe at least)?
edit on 31-12-2010 by old_god because: typo

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
And just in case any of you might want to see what else that site has to offer, the directory index works:

modernsurvivalonline.com...

I'd suggest downloading only what's interesting. Leeching everything could end up costing the site owner $$$ if he/she doesnt have unlimited bandwidth.

Enjoy.

edit on 31-12-2010 by DukeOfDorch because: Added link

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

And what make and model vehicle would this work for? Because I don't think this would be useful for any vehicle made after 2000.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Excellant post and extremely useful. Those born in the 1930-1940s would still know some of this stuff.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

I liked the making of those solar panels.....good stuff

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

DONNIE DARKO rules... Great movie, great actors, great story.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Thanks for the information.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Redditor! Hello Brother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join