Top 10 Survival Downloads You Should Have

page: 1
251
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+163 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Caught this on blacklistednews and thought I would share.


There are tons of good downloads in the Survival Database Download section of this website. For this article – I have selected 10 that everyone should have either printed and put away, or placed on a USB drive – or better yet both.

So – let’s get to it: (links are .pdf's)


#10. FM 4-25-11 First Aid (2002) - Military First Aid Manual. First aid information is a must – get training before you need it – use this manual for reference.

#9. Guide to Canning – Being able to preserve crops to be able to provide for yourself and your family long after the growing season is over is important. This guide will help with that.

#8. Rangers Handbook (2006) – Crammed with info on demolitions, booby traps, communications, patrolling, tactical movement, battle drills, combat intelligence and much more

#7. Where There is No Dentist - The author uses straightforward language and careful instructions to explain how to: examine patients; diagnose common dental problems; make and use dental equipment; use local anesthetics; place fillings; and remove teeth.

#6. NATO Emergency War Surgery – While this is certainly not a manual that would stand alone in most persons emergency/disaster library, it is an absolutely necessary resource if you expect to handle any type of trauma where immediate comprehensive medical care is not available.

#5. A Guide to Raised Bed Gardening – This is not an “all knowing” gardening book – however it provides a lot of information to the “urban gardener” before or after TSHTF. Best to get the experience and knowledge of gardening NOW rather than later.

#4. FM 3-06 Combined Arms Operations in Urban Terrain - Combat techniques covered in the manual which may be very valuable in a “Roadwarrior”-type world.

#3. 1881 Household Cyclopedia – A massive resource of information that much of it has been lost over the past 203 generations. From Angling to Knitting – its here.

#2. FM 21-76-1 Survival-Evasion-Recovery (1999) – Excellent manual geared towards the soldier that finds himself behind enemy lines

#1. FM 21-76 US Army Survival Manual - From Amazon.com: This manual has been written to help you acquire survival skills. It tells you how to travel, find water and food, shelter yourself from the weather and care for yourself if you become sick or injured. This information is first treated generally and then applied specifically to such special areas as the Arctic, the desert, the jungle and the ocean.1970 Military Issue Manual. General Introduction and Individual and Group Survival Orientation Navigation, Finding Water In All Parts of The Globe. How To Obtain Food, Start a Fire and much more!


If you like it, other may like it too. Share...

 
Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on Fri Dec 31 2010 by Jbird because: added .pdf warning




posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Thanks Russo, good post. Starred and Flagged. Get all the info online you can before its too late to do so.



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Clicked on the links, it popped up that they were downloading but I cannot seem to find the files on my computer?? Any ideas? or is this just viewable on a webpage?



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
Clicked on the links, it popped up that they were downloading but I cannot seem to find the files on my computer?? Any ideas? or is this just viewable on a webpage?


click right button on the link, then save as, then you choose the place where you want save the file. Save it.



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion
 


You need have a pdf reader in your PC to read the files.



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Ah ok cheers!



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thanks for posting these. I would recommend, if possible, to find or print a hard copy of these ebooks. In a SHTF scenario you might not have a computer or power to access these files. The dental one isn't coming up for some reason on my PC. That's the one I've always wondered about during bad times. Who is gonna help with that toothache?



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive
 


I'm glad you like it. The dental "wtndentist_2010_Web_Full_Book.pdf" works fine to me. Maybe you should try again. (or you can put the "wtndentist_2010_Web_Full_Book.pdf" phase in the google, this wil return you other places to do the download.)


Cheers.


edit on 31-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO
 


Fantastic thank you so much.
I'll be showing these to my husband asap.



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
Thanks Russo, good post. Starred and Flagged. Get all the info online you can before its too late to do so.


Glad you like it. Enjoy while its free.



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69
 


I'm sure he will like it. This books are an amazing colection to survival. I think its cover the issue very well.



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion
 


You are welcome.



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO
 


If someone have some survival book to share, please, put your link here.

Thanks to advance



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Thanks a lot! I don't think that any one of these documents won't come in handy in a SHTF scenario...or in everyday life for that matter.

Star and flag.



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
Caught this on blacklistednews and thought I would share.


There are tons of good downloads in the Survival Database Download section of this website. For this article – I have selected 10 that everyone should have either printed and put away, or placed on a USB drive – or better yet both.

So – let’s get to it: (links are .pdf's)


#10. FM 4-25-11 First Aid (2002) - Military First Aid Manual. First aid information is a must – get training before you need it – use this manual for reference.

#9. Guide to Canning – Being able to preserve crops to be able to provide for yourself and your family long after the growing season is over is important. This guide will help with that.

#8. Rangers Handbook (2006) – Crammed with info on demolitions, booby traps, communications, patrolling, tactical movement, battle drills, combat intelligence and much more

#7. Where There is No Dentist - The author uses straightforward language and careful instructions to explain how to: examine patients; diagnose common dental problems; make and use dental equipment; use local anesthetics; place fillings; and remove teeth.

#6. NATO Emergency War Surgery – While this is certainly not a manual that would stand alone in most persons emergency/disaster library, it is an absolutely necessary resource if you expect to handle any type of trauma where immediate comprehensive medical care is not available.

#5. A Guide to Raised Bed Gardening – This is not an “all knowing” gardening book – however it provides a lot of information to the “urban gardener” before or after TSHTF. Best to get the experience and knowledge of gardening NOW rather than later.

#4. FM 3-06 Combined Arms Operations in Urban Terrain - Combat techniques covered in the manual which may be very valuable in a “Roadwarrior”-type world.

#3. 1881 Household Cyclopedia – A massive resource of information that much of it has been lost over the past 203 generations. From Angling to Knitting – its here.

#2. FM 21-76-1 Survival-Evasion-Recovery (1999) – Excellent manual geared towards the soldier that finds himself behind enemy lines

#1. FM 21-76 US Army Survival Manual - From Amazon.com: This manual has been written to help you acquire survival skills. It tells you how to travel, find water and food, shelter yourself from the weather and care for yourself if you become sick or injured. This information is first treated generally and then applied specifically to such special areas as the Arctic, the desert, the jungle and the ocean.1970 Military Issue Manual. General Introduction and Individual and Group Survival Orientation Navigation, Finding Water In All Parts of The Globe. How To Obtain Food, Start a Fire and much more!


If you like it, other may like it too. Share...

 
Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on Fri Dec 31 2010 by Jbird because: added .pdf warning


Star and Flag. We will need this info regardless of whether North Korea decides to instigate WWIII or US dollar collapses. This is extremeley useful info because the the streets will be savage at those times, so great thread.

ALso, DONNIE DARKO!? YES!! I



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Thanks for posting these. I would recommend, if possible, to find or print a hard copy of these ebooks. In a SHTF scenario you might not have a computer or power to access these files.


You can get an Iphone for about 100$ with the right bartering, or you could 50 - 75$ on a hacked PSP, which can read pdfs, etc. Or even better, get a used kindle.



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by noworldorder2012
 


Thanks, I is a "MUST HAVE", printed if possible.



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Oh, thought I should contribute some things

How to make a knife out of sawblade:



Taser:



Two of the most useful things to be able to build.



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO
 

thanks and i will share.





new topics
 
251
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join