It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katie Couric - America needs a Muslim version of The Cosby Show

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
No Katie, what America needs is to turn off the boob tube, and quit watching period.

And America has no need for a Muslim show, we already had one. It aired on 9/11, 2001 and it was live on all the channels, and America decided that that was enough.

The Cosby show was not real, and only stupid brainwashed Americans would use a Hollywood creation as an educational format.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenIndaSun
You and I differ in that I don't consider information from a Canadian TV show fact.

You post a sarcastic remark about the need for such a show...I provide an example of one and invite you to draw an educated conclusion. It may not be a 'fact'...but it is a learning experience and if you are going to post on the subject, you may as well have a point of reference beyond your own assumptions.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Isn't that great..
I guess Katie Couric forgot
muslim women arn't allowed to drive.

Wouldn't that be something to watch...

*oh boy DAD... Mom toooook the car a again.........*

Dad *THEM CRAZY WOMEN*

Dad *We have to beat her face in when she comes back to submit*

edit on 31-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Let's see, The Honeymooners, Father Knows Best, The Brady Bunch, Everybody Loves Raymond. So many sitcoms about white people on tv over the years and yet Janeane Garofalo still thinks I'm a racist. Reverand Al Sharpton still thinks my primary goal in life is to oppress certain people. King Samir Shabazz thinks "Crackers" need to be killed in order to get freedom.
I think we need a sitcom about a white family to try once again, to teach people that we aren't the great evil we are perceived as.

That Ralph Kramden, what a monster.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
No Katie, what America needs is to turn off the boob tube, and quit watching period.

And America has no need for a Muslim show, we already had one. It aired on 9/11, 2001 and it was live on all the channels, and America decided that that was enough.

The Cosby show was not real, and only stupid brainwashed Americans would use a Hollywood creation as an educational format.

While I agree that using television as an education tool is pointless... if it's on televison it must be true. Look at the Fox Comedy Network... oh sorry, news. I completely disagree with your reference to Sept 11th as a Muslim show. By generalizing, I truly feel you are insulting 1.41-1.57 billion Muslims comprising about 21-23% of the world's population. Why do you need to do that? A group of people conspired to kill many, not a belief system.funny thing here on ATS is some feel the American goveernment caused Sept 11th, does that make it the American live show... when do we get enough of that?

I actually watch the Little Mosque on the Prairie quite frequently and it's funnier than hell. They make fun of North American and Muslim stereotypes mutually. No deep learning experiences. But it sure brought to light some of my BS ideas of Muslims.

en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by thecinic
Isn't that great..
I guess Katie Couric forgot
muslim women arn't allowed to drive.

Wouldn't that be something to watch...

*oh boy DAD... Mom toooook the car a again.........*

Dad *THEM CRAZY WOMEN*

Dad *We have to beat her face in when she comes back to submit*

edit on 31-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

Approximately 1.3 million women and 835,000 men are physically assaulted by an intimate partner annually in the United States. Are we any different? Instead we fight because the wife didn't balance the budget right or make the right supper...

new.abanet.org...

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by FlyersFan

How would you enact a stoning with a laugh track?

If it was your mother or sister you wouldn't be making light of this. The point was to find a televivison show to change some of THESE views. All be it probably not yours....

edit on 31-12-2010 by PsychNurse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If the only thing that can break through American ignorance is a TV show (which is a contradiction unto itself)... maybe they should be blowing us up.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Personally, I would like to see a Muslim version of The Beverly Hillbillies or Dukes of Hazzard....you know, one of those "fish out of water" sitcoms.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They can name the crap show *I dream of jihadi*

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
*Little house on the mosque*

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
How can you have a Muslim comedy show when they are always angry?

Probably wouldn't even make it past the pilot episode.
I can see it now, Abu Cosby kills his two daughters for being too American, then cowardly leaves the country.

Inspired by a true story.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

www.cbc.ca...

Little Mosque on the Prairie... going into fourth season. Love being Canadian.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Katie would look a little less perky in a burkah. If she continues to promote Islam, maybe she will find out.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Could she possibly be suggesting that the only way the American public will stop ignorantly demonising Islam is to make a sickly sit-com about them instead of sickening false news reports.

In other words people will believe any crap they get fed to them through the tube, good or bad

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It might be interesting to have a different take on the lifestyle. All the dropping everything and running to prayers.
Seeing the male rule the roost.

It could be interesting if done properly. I'd like to see what they do with it.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

A completely silly question. You'd do it the same way you would for an honor killing.
The only one with a different laugh track is the one for suicide bombers, it'd have to have alouder laugh track to be heard over the explosion.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

How about *sharia law and order*

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Your a smart ass!
Got a giggle out of me!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by beezzer

A completely silly question. You'd do it the same way you would for an honor killing.
The only one with a different laugh track is the one for suicide bombers, it'd have to have alouder laugh track to be heard over the explosion.

The final irony is that the psychotic responses to this topic merely point out the need for some people to get to know a Muslim...and maybe a sit-com will help that process.

Man...would you hate Toronto!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
May I ask why you added the "black" into the equation?

Cosby show ... black family.
She picked the one black family out of all the sitcoms available.
Seems to me she was saying black muslim.
If you prefer just muslim ... whatever.

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
I think an easy going sitcom about an American family who happen to be Muslim would be great.

Sure .. if the intent was just a sitcom and people happen to be Muslim.
But the INTENT Couric is talking about is that Hollywood needs to educate America.
Supposedly Hollywood has better ideals, morals, whatever ....

THAT is what is absurd.
The thought of Hollywood 'educating' people and bringing them 'up' to Hollywoods morality level.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Sinnthia
May I ask why you added the "black" into the equation?

Cosby show ... black family.
She picked the one black family out of all the sitcoms available.
Seems to me she was saying black muslim.
If you prefer just muslim ... whatever.

Aside from the fact that there seem to be a healthy number of American blacks who are Islamic in faith...
do you think she may have just pulled out a groundbreaking sitcom about another marginalised community?

That Cosby may well have been the first black entertainer 'invited' into many American households? (note 'I Spy')

And that was a healthy thing for American society as a whole??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join